Find numerous Occupational Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Shailaja Sandeep JaywantYour feedback matters!
I have checked my uric acid and its level is 10.3, I have pains in joints and muscles mostly in legs. Please suggest me best treatment and precautions.
I am 44 years old and suffering from loss of memory or concentration and feeling blurred vision and the tendency of upside uric acid. And pain in sch older joint.
Hi doctor. Sir if I walk for some times also I will have lots of limbs pain sir please help me to get out of it please answer sir.
Dr, I'm 19 years old and I have this pain in my joints of left hand ie. Elbow,I don't know what happened it pains badly as I can't move my hand properly for (stretching or hitting stuff), need help Pls revert on the same.
My father health problem is joints pain in over all body, go to the so many doctors meet them but no solution. Please help me.
My mother have pain in her right shoulder and arm. She could not work properly due to the pain. In the previous year she had given blood test many times. Becoz of which now days her nerves not working properly. Plzz suggest what we have to do.
Early morning severe pain in legs left especially and lower back difficult for few hours knee pain also diabetic. Ps advise.
Dear doctor I suffered from some disease like dengue six months ago. Still when six months have past there is joint pain existing in my body like still virus may be there but temperature seems normal. Please advise what should I do now to get rid of body ache and chronic fatigue. Thanks.
I am 25 and from past 1 month, I feel very exhausted after the office as if there is no energy left in me.Also, I don't feel fresh when I wake up. And shoulder pain occurs when I am in ac environment.
I am 28 married man. Since last 2 months I was in extreme stress, anxious and depressed due to some personal reasons. Suddenly one day I felt small infection in my mouth (i think Candida). After few days I felt some ulcers in my throat. Also having pain on shoulder. Also suffering from continuous burping. I am neither smoker nor alcohol addict. What should the reasons of my problems?
I have a pain I my leg on back side. It is continue for a long time approx 2 months what to do to control pain?
Shoulder impingement is a serious condition leading to severe pain in the shoulder blades of a person. Such kind of shoulder pain may affect anybody anytime. It basically affects the area of your shoulder facing stress due to any sort of overhead action. An impactful pressure on the tendons of bones constituting your shoulder gives rise to this disorder. This syndrome can affect a person who paints, swims, lifts or plays tennis on a regular basis. Once caused, persistent rendering of similar activities can worsen the case. If you are suffering from shoulder impingement syndrome, treatment under an experienced medical practitioner is indeed necessary as otherwise, you may have to suffer from tendinitis or bursitis.
Take a keen look at the symptoms of shoulder impingement
- Disabling pain in and around the shoulders
- Under the effect of such excruciating pain, a person has restricted use of his or her arms and neck. He or she will face difficulties in reaching to a higher position above his or head. Aiming up behind your back will also be a challenge with the existence of this syndrome.
- There is considerable weakness in the muscles of your shoulders, preventing you from working with full vigor
- If left unattended, shoulder impingement can worsen to cause Rotator Cuff Tear where the tendons tear into two distinctive parts.
Available modes of treatment
- A doctor might prescribe you anti- inflammatory drugs to relieve you from excess pain. These drugs should only be taken under the close monitoring of a specialist as they might have acute side effects. You might feel nauseous or might have an upset stomach after consuming these medications.
- Stretching your arms above your head while holding your body in an erect posture can be of great help. This stretching exercise should be tried out in a warm shower for better results.
- Other exercises under the supervision of a physiotherapist can come to your rescue as well. You should try to move your thumb up your back to recuperate from shoulder impingement.
Surgery may also be option of treatment when non-operative treatment fails or pain worsens during non-operative treatment. Surgery is performed to trim part of Acromio bone which is causing impingement on underlying Rotator cuff to provide adequate space for mobility of tendons. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.