Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Shaila BoraYour feedback matters!
Sir I am suffering from hearing loss since last two years, I have nasal mucus also. I am hearing aid machine in one year should I go for cochlear implant. Any other solution.
Sir today I met a boy who is not fully able to listen and hearing, sometime he say mummy papa but he can't able to talk with anyone even he is not able to listen also. Is this permanent? Suggest me a good doctor.
Hi doctor I am having problem with my voice. I am 19 when I speak to someone over the phone or in person, I always hear them saying" what" can you speak again". May be thats because my voice is not loud enough and clear. Also when I hang out with my friends as we laugh out loud so much, gossip so much, then at the end of day my throat feels like coughing. Is there any yoga/ exercise/ food to make it correct?
I am 23 years old. I met ENT doctor for my ear which had puss draining from it for every 2 days and he said there is a hole in the ear drum and he said surgery is the only option to cure it. He gave me ear drops, using this made all the liquid drain out from my ear. My doubt is am able to hear properly and I also read that for eardrum rupture surgery is the last option. Should I go for surgery or any other remedy is available?
I have been facing snoring troubles. It's too loud at times I myself can hear it. I've been a lil overweight but don't have any other medical issues. Good can I get rid of this snoring. Is it a weight issue or something tho do with ent? Waiting eagerly for some help.
There's ringing in my ear every time I catch cold, slowly I am becoming deaf, ringing in ears goes after cold goes but listening ability is further reduced. Is there any permanent cure for this? Will I be able to get back to normal hearing? PS: I had sinuses when I was Kid.
I have hearing problem. The doctors advised me to fit hearing aid of worth one lacs which is beyond my reach. I hear sound of a speakers but not voice. What I can do in these situation. Is there any cocliar implant is useful to me?
After menopause I have hearing loss in my right ear. Not able to hear from my right ear. Why it happened and what is the solution?
Mera right ear se last 2 years se kam sunayi deta tha my right ear audiogram was 55-60 decibel tha then I consult a doctor and he told me that tumhare ear ki haddi gal gy h operation krna pdega your last 3 june 2015 ko mara right ear ka operation hua after operation doctor told me that apki ear ki haddi gali nahi thi but haddi jam thi and now last 8 months symary left ear may bi sssssss ki awaz hoti h aur kan ke party pr kbi kbi bheep bheep ki awaz hoti h our left ear sy kam bi sunai deta h aur teeth apas may bhichny par left ear ky party pr chit chit ki awaj hoti h. I consult my doctor and now he suggest me operation for my left year too. Please help me suggest me that after operation mujhe koi dikkat to ni hogi.
Doctor few years back she was operated for brain malaria due to which her hearing power is damaged he have to speak louder to talk to her and mostly every few months ahe gets bleeding from her ear from were she was operated and huge head paid such that she cannot speak to any 1.
Hello Sir. I am having my ears blocked for last 15 days, resulting to that I have slight loss of hearing. I have visited a e.n.t. Doctor and he has said the bone in my nose is tilted making it not enough room for the air to go, that's why your ear is blocked. And my nose needs to be operated in a month. But my question is that nose in the bone is tilted. Ok, I got it. But how come from only last 15 days I am having this problem? The bone has not tilted in last 15 days, right? Please tell me the solution.
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs.
I have developed a glommus jugular tumour (internal) behind the right ear. It all started 2-3 years back with heart pulsation sound in the right ear & hearing loss. Kindly suggest remedy.
I am 24 years old n I have hearing problem sshl so doctor suggests me too have hearing aid. Instead of hearing aid is any other way too cure hearing loss prevention by medicine please help me.
I am 20 years old and have hear problem. We face a problem to less hear in my head. Although its not a hair fall but less hair is my problem.
Sir, my daughter 4 years old suffering from hearing loss after typhoid due to hard injection given by doctor according to BERa test .sir please advice me to her treatment or otherwise.
My 8 years old daughter recently came across from less hearing issue. We have done audiolist test two time in 15 days and found that his hearing capacity is increased from early level. Many learned doctors on this site advice us to go for hearing aids for her betterment. Thanks to all. My further question is, if she do not wear hearing aids will her hearing will lose further? Any treatment in other pathy is useful. I am little reluctant to use hearing aids. She otherwise response normally. Only on some occasion she complaint of less hearing. Please Guide .
Here are 6 signs to watch out for that could indicate 'You need to get your Ears tested':
1. Your TV is blaring: Do you often find people around you shouting above the TV sound complaining that it's too loud? When you find it hard to hear the TV at the average volume and find yourself turning up the sound, this could signify a hearing loss. Doctors are seeing a growing number of patients visiting them after prolonged exposure to loud music and sounds.
2. You find it hard to hear phone conversations: Do you find yourself asking the person on the other end of the phone line to 'repeat' themselves, or find yourself pressing the phone instrument right into your ear? If you are trying so hard to hear, you might find yourself missing out on bits of the conversation as focussing to clearly hear the conversation is exhausting work. Getting a hearing test might be a good option if this sounds like you.
3. You have trouble hearing in noisy environments: When you are out dining with friends or family at a busy restaurant or accompanying a friend shopping in a busy street, all that background noise makes it difficult to hear what the people are saying. People with hearing loss often have problems masking out background noise.
4. Family members telling 'you're going deaf': Trust the views of the people closest to you, they never lie about your health. Family members often are the first to sense signs of hearing loss as they find themselves repeating things to you or calling out louder to get your 'attention'.
5. Leaning closer: You find yourself leaning closer to people to follow the conversation or staring at their lips trying to lip-read what's being said.
6. Avoiding social interactions: You find yourself staying away from social occasions, family gatherings or avoid being the first to start conversations. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.