Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shaikh N. B.
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Shaikh N. B.Your feedback matters!
1. Avoid eating cold foods: According to Dr. Pradip shah, consultant physician, fortis hospital, mulund, a common cold and cough triggered by cold food items like ice-cream and cold drinks is a common complain of people visiting local health clinics. Although there is no scientific evidence as to how cold food items trigger and worsen coughs, patients are normally advised to avoid them altogether until they recover completely. One sensible explanation for this would be that cold beverages and foods cause a drying out of the respiratory lining making it susceptible to infections and triggering coughing due to irritation.
2. Avoid overeating at night: Having a heavy dinner at night or overeating can be a cough trigger for people suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd). People with gerd may have poor coordination between contraction and relaxation of the sphincter muscle that prevents reflux of food to the esophagus. As a result, the stomach acid can flow back to the food pipe, causing irritation of the lining to trigger cough. So, it’s better to have an early dinner and maintain a gap of at least 2 hours between dinner and sleeping time.
3. Avoid sleeping flat on the back: Sleeping posture plays an important role in triggering coughing at night, especially if you have a productive cough. All the mucus and phlegm that gets collected throughout the day, flows up to irritate the throat when you lie down on your back. Instead, sleeping in an inclined posture, or sleeping on the sides will keep the phlegm settled and avoid bouts of coughing at night.
4. Avoid eating fried foods: Fried foods are oily in nature and oil is a well-known cough trigger. Deep-frying foods in hot oil generates a compound called acrolein, which acts as an allergen that aggravates coughing and causes throat itching. So, it’s best to avoid oily, fried foods while you have a cough.
5. Avoid smoking: Smoking is one of the causes of a cough due to bronchitis. Not only does it irritate the throat lining, but it also delays recovery and increases your risk of cancer. If you don't smoke, remember second-hand smoke is equally dangerous.
6. Avoid caffeinated beverages: Caffeine should be avoided by those who cough due to acidity and gerd. While it may provide temporary relief from a coughing bout, it actually causes the esophageal sphincter to become loose, allowing more acid to get flushed into the esophagus.
7. Avoid over-exertion: Nobody takes an off from work because of a cough, but that doesn’t mean you should exert yourself by overworking. Coughing is an indication that something is wrong with your body, so make it a point to get adequate rest to give your immune system enough time to recover.
I am too thin being a 22 years old boy. I tried hard though I haven't gone to gym. But could not find any improvement. What should I do? my weight is around 47 or 48 kgs.
Hi, When I workout I was using body gainer san gainer now I stop workout. I am looking very week. Can you suggest me what should I do to increase muscles .
I have a head ache and also some back pain and some high blood pressure so please suggest me some best advice.
I Have (3.2 x 2.9) cm cyst in my right ovary and the endometrium is minimally thickened. But the doctor is saying surgery is not required and I have irregular period. What is the issue in this.
Here are 6 effective diet changes you need to make to be on track with tummy trimming:
1) Skip Alcohol: Alcohol causes dehydration, which will slow metabolism of your body. Miss alcohol for next few days. And whenever you have too much of alcohol, start the next day with 2 glasses of water (preferably lukewarm).
2) Avoid Salt Intake: Even a little more salt makes your body to temporarily hold water and fluids in the body, which can lead to bloating. Avoid processed foods, salty foods. Consume plenty of vegetables and fruits rich in water.
3) Curtail Milk Intake: If you remain fatigued and bloated or by gases in stomach particularly after having milk or dairy products, your body may be intolerant to lactose. This happens to people who have a problem digesting the milk's sugar, which can result in gas occurrence, cramps and diarrhoea. Avoid milk in any form from your diet.
4) Cut Carbs and fat intake: Avoid carbohydrates, such as pasta and white breads. Also avoid oily and junk foods, sugar, juices, cold drinks, and sweet items. When you reduce carbs intake, your body will start spending carbohydrate stock and also getting rid of accumulated fluids. Replace your carbs with fibre rich salads.
5) No Starch: Food stuffs rich in starch, such as potato, pasta and corn, cause gases. The only ingredient rich in starch that does not cause gases is rice.
6) Stay Active: Regular exercise is a great regulator, especially abdomen exercise. They relieve bloating by increasing heart beats. Whenever you can, take a walk after meals.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.