Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shaikh Abdul Hai. B.
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Shaikh Abdul Hai. B.Your feedback matters!
Hii, I have skin problem which is pigmentation and I used betnovate ointment and the pigmentation used to go for few days again used to appear but when I stop using betnovate it causes tiny pimples which is very irritating and itchy and burning but if I start using betnovate again tiny pimples vanish. But I want to stop using betnovate and also get rid of this skin problem kindly help me with this. Regards
When indigestion problem occurs what medicine should we take. Now I am down with fever due to stomach upset. Have chronic headache. Please suggest medication.
Frequencyof urine has increased since few days only in midnight. I hv to get up almost around 4 to5 times in night. Why is this so?
My wife is 62 year old and known case of DM, HT. Recently in 2014 she had bye pass surgery. Now she has back pain in her upper in center area and also coughing. What should I do?
I am 35 years old and have gone through hBa1c test last week. I got 6.3 which says I have good control over Diabetes. But I don't take any Diabetes medicine. Do I have Diabetes?
I have spots as well as pimples on my face. I used facewash and creams for one year but didn't see any changes.
I am 20 years old and I am loosing hair rapidly. I have dandruff too. I wanted to know the best suited medical product or oil to stop the hairfall and also to grow more hair. Plzzzzzz reply soon doctor. Emergency.
When you travel in an airplane or just come out of the swimming pool, your ears may sometimes block up and even be painful. This is what is known ear barotrauma and is caused by pressure differences inside and outside the ear drum. Severe cases may cause damage to the ear and impede your hearing.
Symptoms of ear barotrauma: Ear barotrauma usually occurs when the Eustachian tube is blocked due to differences in air pressure. The Eustachian tube is a long narrow tube that runs from the middle of your ear to the pharynx or the back of the throat and is thus very important in relevance to the ear, nose and throat. Thus ear barotrauma can also translate to pain in the ear and throat as well.
Some of the symptoms are:
- Discomfort in the ear, or aggravated pain in extreme cases
- The ears being blocked or full, in severe cases may feel like being underwater
- Temporary hearing loss
- Nose bleeding in severe cases
- Health care providers may see an inward caving or outward bulging in the ear drum. In severe cases, the eardrum may look bruised as well.
- Some severe cases may even exhibit signs typical of an ear infection along with some of the other symptoms mentioned above.
Precautions and self treatment: There are certain steps you can take to either prevent barotrauma or reduce the symptoms, these are:
yawning or gulping. This is very helpful when air pressure differences are caused in cases of travelling by aircraft.
- Inhale slowly and then exhale while your mouth is closed and you are holding your nostrils closed by fingers. This will help increase the pressure within the tube to try and open it forcefully.
- Sucking on candy is another way to prevent barotraumas as you are constantly swallowing and keeping your Eustachian tube from being blocked in the first place.
- Keep a few chewing gums handy and has similar effects on your ears as it forces the Eustachian tube to remain open despite pressure differences.
- After diving or swimming, come out of the water slowly. Scuba divers and deep swimmers need to come up slowly to ensure that the Eustachian tube is given enough time to acclimatize and slowly come back to normal.
Usually, ear barotrauma goes away automatically after sometime and no medications are required. However, if symptoms still persist, it is best to go to a relevant doctor or a health care provider for pain relief and long term solutions.