Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shahnawaz Alam SiddiquiYour feedback matters!
Im suffering from stomach pain from past few days im having pain below hip and in in my vagina during urinating and washing so what can I do for that my age is 15.
Hello Doctor, I want to know can I have sex with my 24 year old cousin sister? As we Both are virgins, how to have safe sex. Please help.
I am 31 year old women and married for 3 years. I am facing a problem with my periods from last one year. They are getting delayed and sometimes I need to take medicine to get my periods. I am planning for a baby since last august, but I am not able to conceive. I want to know is it a pre-menopause I am going through or some other serious issue?
My girlfriend had periods on 17 /6/16 its due to 2 dosage of unwanted 72 now she has vomiting and nausea ,back pain we had sex after 15 days of her periods with condom .Is she pregnant because she has symptoms like that as said above.
I am 32 years old having hypothyroidism. Having 4 years old kid. Now we are planning for another baby. Recently DNC had done for me because of no heart beat. Present my TSH value is 5.using 75 mcg. How much dosage should I take now to decrease TSH value. Give me tips for getting healthy pregnancy next time. Height 5" weight 68 kgs.
Hi, I am 24 years old and got married 6 months ago. I am having pcod problem. My last period was on 6th april. I went to gynaecologist on 24th May and through pregnancy test kit it had shown positive result. She did transvaginal ultrasound but there was nothing visible in it. She asked for follow up scan after 15 days. I am getting pain in my lower abdomen sometimes. When would be fetus or sac visible in ultrasound? I am really very worried about it as it is my first pregnancy. What I should do now? Should I go for ultrasound now or should I wait until 15 days?
Doctor im sugandha chaudhary and my thyroid increases in reports some units so, please suggest me what precautions I have used and m also pregnant before 2 months. THE report details is: TSH SERUM RESULT :- 7 UIU/ml N Both the lobes of thyroid show heterogeneous echotexture with irregular surface. No obvious module is seen Right lobe measure: 4.1*1.3*1.5 cms Left lobe measure: 4.0*1.4*1.4 cms Isthmus: 3.0 mms Bilateral parotid glands are homogenous in echotexture and with an intraparotid lymph node in the superficial lobe of left parotid gland.
Salivary gland produce saliva, which keeps the mouth hydrated. It softens and moistens the food that you chew while eating. Saliva also has a slight digestive function. Most of the times, tumors that form on the glands are noncancerous. But sometimes, they might be cancerous. There are three main salivary: parotid glands, submandibular glands and sublingual glands.
Salivary gland cancer falls under the category of mouth cancers. The symptoms of salivary gland cancer include:
- A lump or mass in the neck, face or mouth.
- Pain in one area of the face, mouth or neck (know more about to deal with neck pain)
- There is a noticeable difference in the shape or size of the right and the left sides of the face.
- Feeling numb and weakness on either side of the face.
The risks of salivary gland cancer are as follows:
- Exposure to industrial radioactive chemicals
- Diets high in animal fat but very low in vegetables and fruits
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking, or chewing tobacco
- Genetics or hereditary factors
The two most Ayurvedic treatment for salivary gland tumours are Arogyavardhini Vati and Punarnavadi Guggulu:
- Arogyavardhini Vati: Arogyavardhini Vati is the best Ayurvedic remedy for digestive conditions. Salivary gland tumors do end up affecting digestion. This remedy is beneficial for such. Arogyavardhini must be taken cautiously since it has potent metal (mercury, sulphur, iron, mica and copper) ingredients. It balances the vata, kapha and pitta doshas in the body. Do not take this medicine if you're pregnant or lactating.
- Punarnavadi Guggulu: Punarnavadi Guggulu is available in tablet form. It balances the vata and kapha dosha in the body. This medicines must be consumed carefully. The Ayurvedic practitioner must measure your doses strictly. Pregnant, lactating women and children must not consume this remedy.
Besides the two remedies, hot packs bring much relief, if you have pain in your face. Practicing Yoga and Pranayama daily can help the body flush out the ama (toxins) from the body.
I have irregular periods, sometimes periods come after 4 to 5 months. If my period is late I take medicines for intestinal worm then after few days period starts. But now in these month I didn't have my periods as I didn't take my medicine for intestinal worm and I have done sonography but nothing has been found and I have done hormone test I have diagnosed with prolactin problem. What should I do? I need natural remedy and I don't want to take medicine.
Hello doctor I am 26 years old. Me and my husband is ttc for past 1 year and 9 months. When I was 19 I was diagnosed with PCOS (no blood test only through scan) doc told me it is a minor one and nothing to worry. By the beginning of 2014 I started to gain weight (family hereditary) and missed periods for months (usually I used to have period on every month but not so regular). Then I consulted a gyno she did my blood test on 19Jun 2014 showing tsh 2.59 UIU/mL and prolactin 14.6 ng/mL. She gave me clomiphene citrate 50mg. And started a follicular study. I had a dominant follicle on my right ovary and she was ready to give an hcg shot. But since some personal problem I couldn't complete that. And an year later on September you consulted an ART doc. Again did a blood test (during my periods) shows FSH 4.69 mIU/ml LH 6.10 mIU/ml prolactin 26.21ng/no tsh 3.00uUI/ml. She did an SSG found a septum of 2cm and removed by hysterolap on 10oct15. She gave progynova tablets and I had periods using progesterone 400. My LMP was on 18th dec. I started cellophane citrate 100mg. On my 11th day a pelvic scan shows a dominant follicle in my right ovary sizing 11mm. On my 14th day it was 18mm. So doc suggested an hcg shot and I took it on my 15th day ie 1st Jan 16. The very next day she scanned again an said the follicle is in the process of ovulation and I had IUI. (my husband's results are good). Now I am 4 days late for my period. Yesterday (3rd day after missed period) I did a urine test (not a fresh morning sample) the result came negative. As of now I haven't checked pregnancy yet. Doctor gave me dydrogesterone 10mg. Why even if I ovulated I'm not pregnant and delaying period.
I have 2 sons my second son is 10 months old both my sons r born by operation my question is after delivery then after how many months I can start doing exercise can I use the sliming belt too.
Hello Dr. After having a successful pregnancy and a baby of 6. Yrs old, I tried twice bt miscarried. One miscarriage happened after 5 months pregnancy n other after two months. In both case there was growth prob in the baby. Wat may be the reason?
Lung diseases are some of the most common diseases suffered by human beings throughout the world. Smoking and infections are responsible for most lung diseases. The lungs perform one of the most important functions of the body. It is also one of the most active organs in the human body and hence lung problems can arise due to problems in any other part of the body.
Some of the most common and infectious lung diseases are discussed below...
- Asthma: Asthma is a common long term disease which is characterized by reversible airflow obstruction and bronchospasm. The symptoms of asthma include coughing, shortness of breath and tightness of chest. These symptoms may occur frequently during a day and depending on the person, it may become worse during night or during a certain exercise.
- Pneumonia: Pneumonia is another common lung problem which is suffered due to inflammation in the microscopic air sacs in the lungs known as alveoli. Symptoms of pneumonia include dry cough, chest pain, breathing problem and fever. Pneumonia is caused most commonly by viruses or bacteria. It is also caused by certain medications and conditions which are popularly known as autoimmune diseases. There are a number of vaccines available to prevent certain types of pneumonia. Other methods include hand washing and refraining from smoking.
- Tuberculosis: Tuberculosis is a very infectious disease which is caused by the bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Although tuberculosis generally affects the lungs, but it has been known to affect other parts of the body as well. Symptoms of tuberculosis include cough containing sputum with blood, night sweats, fever and weight loss. Air is an active medium for spreading tuberculosis. This happens when people who already have tuberculosis sneeze, cough or speak. Infection occurs more in those who have HIV/AIDS or those who smoke. Prevention of tuberculosis includes staying away and keeping those who are at high risk, early detection and treatment and vaccination.
- Mesothelioma: Mesothelioma is a type of cancer which affects the lungs. It affects the lining of the lungs and chest wall. Symptoms of mesothelioma include shortness of breath, swollen abdomen, cough, chest pain, weight loss and general lethargy. Mesothelioma is caused mainly due to exposure to asbestos. Those people who mine asbestos, produce products from asbestos, work with asbestos products are at high risk. Mesothelioma also results from genetical problems and due to infection caused by the simian virus 40.
- Pulmonary Embolism: This is a disease caused due to blockage of an artery in the lungs by a substance which has travelled from another part of the body by the bloodstream. Symptoms of this disease include chest pain, breath shortness and coughing up of blood. There may also be signs of blood clot in the legs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.