Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Shah Tushar ArvindYour feedback matters!
1. Standing… keeping one foot forward of the other, with knees slightly bent, takes the pressure off your low back.
2. Sitting… sitting with your knees slightly higher than your hips provides good low back support.
3. Reaching… stand on a stool to reach things that are above your shoulder level.
4. Moving Heavy Items… pushing is easier on your back than pulling. Use your arms and legs to start the push. If you must lift a heavy item, get someone to help you.
5. Lifting… kneel down on one knee with the other foot flat on the floor as near as possible to the item you are lifting. Lift with your legs, not your back, keeping the object close to your body at all times.
6. Carrying… two small objects (one in either hand) may be easier to handle than one large one. If you must carry one large object, keep it close to your
7. Sleeping… sleeping on your back puts 55 lbs. of pressure on your back. Putting a couple of pillows under your knees cuts the pressure in half. Lying on your side with a pillow between your knees also reduces the pressure.
8. Weight Control… additional weight puts a strain on your back. Keep within 10 lbs. of your ideal weight for a healthier back.
9. Quit Smoking… smokers are more prone to back pain than nonsmokers because nicotine restricts the flow of blood to the discs that cushion your vertebrae.
10. Minor Back Pain… treat minor back pain with anti-inflammatories and gentle stretching, followed by an ice pack.
For More Details & advices
Dr. Aniket Solanki
I lift some heavy item and suddenly I feel pain in my waist now I am suffering from waist pain. I am unable to move.
Am a 18 year old boy and my muscles get too stiff and tighten due to heavy Gym. How to relax my muscles to allow my body to grow?
I have problem of scoliosis from 3 years. Which does not pain. Will it affect in future? Please advise.
Please help me I have a lot of problem due to increase in life Such as leg pain, Stomach pain, body pain etc So I kindly request to you please give me proper solution thanks Sir.
I am suffering from depression I haven't achieved anything in my life till date and alot of responsibilities are on my shoulder I need help.
I have severe backpain n cervical pain. Please suggest me permanent solution rather than UST. What should I do to get rid from this problem?
I have been having pain in my left hip area and also my left abdomen side extending to the lower left back. Sometime the pain extends till left bladder as well. I suspect the kidneys are in some sort of discomfort. Please advise.
I am 21 year old female and have knees pain for last 2 or 3 years. I have used calcium tablets for 2 months but have not got any relief. What should I do now?
A pain in the neck, both in the metaphorical and the literal sense of the term can be quite discomforting. If we look at it from a medical point of view, the pain in the neck could be a serious sign of something being amiss and so, keeping in mind the causes of such a pain is just so important!
Recognizing the Type of Neck Pain
A pain in the neck can manifest itself in a variety of ways. Also, it need not also follow the textbook definition of the term. As a matter of fact, tingling, tenderness or numbness can also be significant symptoms of neck pain. Another major symptom can be having difficulty while swallowing. This could be much more crucial than just a problem with the digestive system.
Many cases that doctors come across when a patient comes to consult about a pain in the neck are regarding an issue with the spinal cord. At in certain cases, it could be related to an issue with the muscles which are located in the area.
When a person has neck pain, he or she should think back and try to remember if he or she was in an incident where the neck could have possibly been the recipient of some sort of impact. This could be a possible explanation of the pain. Also, if there is a pain in the neck after an incident, it is better not to delay a visit to the doctor as the person is likely to be uncomfortable. The neglect is this condition can also lead to the problem getting progressively worse.
In some cases, a pain in the neck can even be congenital. A very good example of this is wry neck, or torticollis. When a pain in the neck is diagnosed by the doctor, figuring out what the likely cause is quite an important thing to do and should be the first thing which is done by him or her as the various ways to treat a pain in the neck vary according to the cause of it.
The problem of neck pain is very common as two third of the population suffers from it at some point in their lives. This does not mean that it needs to affect a person's quality of life. The right precautions and proper medication can make sure that his or her neck is not on the line!
Hi Extreme pain in frozen shoulder. What type of support will be helpful for a lady ageing 55 years .please help
Both heat and cold therapy can help. It may take some trial and error to find out which works best for you.
How does heat therapy help reduce swelling and pain?
Heat dilates (opens up) blood vessels, stimulates blood circulation and reduces muscle spasms.
At home you can try dry heat such as heating pads or moist heat such as warm baths or heated moist towels.
How does cold therapy help reduce swelling and pain?
Cold works differently, it constricts (closes blood vessels) then opens them up again closes and opens up. This alternate closing and opening cycle of blood vessels drains out swelling and toxins from that area. At home you can use ice packs with covers or traditional ice bags or ice cubes in a plastic bag with proper covers so its not too cold.
Both heat and cold should be used very carefully only when sensations are normal otherwise it can cause burns or damage to skin and tissues.
Professional health care providers such as physiotherapists use moist heat, deep heat such as ultrasound therapy and cold therapy along with joint and tissue mobilizations, specific stretching and strengthening exercises, customized tips about improving posture, ergonomics, sleeping habits for long lasting relief from pain.