Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Shah Hemendra CYour feedback matters!
I am having continues discharge on my eye, colour of my eyes is changing into red. Could not open my eyes in the morning because of the discharge, is about 2 days I am suffering from this pain, how can I cure this?
I'm a 17 year old. And I'm very very thin. My friends call me as a thin pencil. I wanted to gain my weight what should I do. I also started eating many stuffs that normal people used to say to eat like eating bananas with milk, etc. I ate that for about 2 months but still I can't able to see any change. Please help me Please suggest me what to do I'm just a student of class XII.
I am 24 years old. I am suffering from eye pain. Its my left eye. Tried eye wash bt no use. I hope you people can help me.
I am 23 years old, getting trouble in eyes in the sun light, staying there for a few minutes headache start, from the last 3-4 weeks. What should I do?
DIABETES AND THE RETINA! How can people with diabetes protect their vision?
The IMPORTANCE of early treatment
Although a person's vision may be good, changes taking place in the retina may require treatment. Most sight loss due to diabetes is preventable if treated early. The earlier the treatment is given the more effective it is.
In a nutshell: Early diagnosis is vital.
Annual retinal screening appointment is quintessential.
Worsening of vision may not necessarily mean diabetic retinopathy. It may simply be a problem that can be rectified with glasses.
Vision lost to diabetic retinopathy is sometimes irreversible. Women with diabetes who become pregnant should have a comprehensive dilated eye exam as soon as possible. Additional exams during pregnancy may be needed.
Multiple studies have shown that controlling diabetes slows the onset and worsening of diabetic retinopathy. Other trials have also demonstrated that controlling elevated blood pressure and cholesterol can reduce the risk of vision loss among people with diabetes.
Treatment for diabetic retinopathy is often delayed until it starts to progress to a complicated or irreversible stage. Comprehensive frequent dilated eye exams are needed more frequently as diabetic retinopathy becomes more severe. People with a high risk of developing complications may need a comprehensive dilated eye exam as often as every month.
To summarize, early diagnosis of diabetic retinopathy is important.
Don't wait for the vision to deteriorate to have an eye test.
Inform your eye specialist in case you notice changes to your vision.
Feel free to ask questions or express fears about your treatment.
Strict control of sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol reduce the risk of diabetes-related sight loss.
Smoking increases your risk of diabetes-related sight loss.
Also known as short-sightedness, myopia is an eye disorder, which disables a person from seeing things clearly from a distance. Myopia impedes one's capability to see distant objects vividly and induces a general sense of blurriness. One of the most common cure for myopic conditions is the constant exposure to concave lenses, which stabilizes the curvature of the refracting surface of the eye, thus improving one's sight. Hence spectacles or contact lenses become the constant companion to a myopic individual. Myopia is often accompanied by sustained headaches and chronic colds.
In fact, under certain circumstances, myopia gets aggravated progressively, which often jeopardizes the health of the eye immensely. In the contemporary situation, where we are persistently exposed to gadgets of all sorts, maintaining the health of our eye becomes a cumbersome task. Periodic monitoring by ophthalmologists is a recommended method.
However, Ayurveda offers some easy and home-based formulae to alleviate the symptoms of myopia:
- Yashti Madhu: A teaspoonful of Yashti Madhu mixed with ghee and honey can prove beneficial to healing myopic conditions.
- Saptamrita Lauha: This medicine comprises of constituents endowed with medicinal properties like triphala, yashtimadhu, lauha bhasma, ghee and honey. It benefits the nervous activities, thereby soothing myopic troubles. It reaps better results when consumed with milk.
- Diet: Myopia is often worsened by a deficiency of vitamins in the body. Therefore increasing the supply of vitamin rich food, enhances the immunity of the body and reduces the strain on the eye caused by myopia. Some of the food items that are replete with vitamins are carrots, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, nuts and berries. Fish is also a very effective source of vitamins and is proven to be helpful to the eye.
- Netra Tarpan: Eye drops have often been effective cure to myopia. Netra Tarpan is an ayurvedic eye drop imbued with healing properties which not only tranquilizes the irritation in the eye, but also improves the vision.
- Lifestyle changes: Executing certain lifestyle changes can result in significant improvement in one's eyesight. Yoga and meditation are known to usher explicit health benefits. Regular sleep is also a prerequisite for curing myopia.