Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Shah Hemendra CYour feedback matters!
My eyes number is increase. I change my glasses in various times and take various expensive medicine but not see results. please tell me how I can manage my eyes number?
Please tell me the required diet to increase body weight, build bones and muscles, increase and maintain eye sight.
My 5 year kid got heavy redness in his left eye. The eye was swollen and tears were coming slightly. The doctor suggested microscopic scraping citing holy color entering in the eyes. He was normal all these days post holy. Not sure whether the diagnosis is correct. Should we go for the treatment suggested as it looks rather painful from what he described
Sir, leaking of blood internally in eyes, physically not visible, I am a diabetic my age is 45, can anyone help me out please send.
My skin is degrading day by day. Since Jan 2015 my skin is degrading regularly. First of all in the starting my skin started burning and it seems like a smoke red. My skin started getting rough & dry then. Now even I got pores also in both my cheeks. Got eye bags now where even my veins under my eyes are easily visible. Consulted 2-3 dermatologists but did not receive any benefit. I am really getting tensed & frustrated now. Please suggest me something so that I can have the best solution for me.
Iam getting sleep very late night my eyes are over heating can you suggest me a tip to cool my eyes and sleep.
Whenever I get up in the morning, my eyes dont open easily, it pains. Every night I see dreams and get lost in them, due to which I am not able to get up on time. What should I do.
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.