Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Shah Hemendra CYour feedback matters!
I have been having red eyes when I get up in the morning and they start watering when I go out or start reading.I get some relief by using sunglasses outside. I have got them tested and use reading and long distance spectacles.I have been using tear plus drops for 3 months as advised by ophthalmologist. 6 months back I was operated for colon cancer and underwent oral chemotherapy for 6 months ,completed last month.
Are there any disadvantages of ICL surgery for eyes in long run? and Is the surgery permanent or lens have to be replaced after few years?
I have noticed small blood vessels in my eyes, what should I do. I am 22 year old, and I have wearing contacts for more than 3 year. I dnt wear any glasses but I noticed small blood vessels in my eye. It's not to the point where I look stoned, but it brothers me and I dnt want it to get worst. Thanks.
Hi doctor- I am 23 yr old girl and I have weak eyesight and I am wearing specs for long distance vision. My eye sight no is- Left -2.75 Right-3.50 I am so afraid because my eyesight is increasing and I don't like to weak specs and my skin is so sensitive so when I wearing specs than red rashes is done in my nose and related chin area which depress me. So I like to know how to reduce my eyesight no. Or is lasik laser treatment is safe for cure vision or not? and if any other treatment is available. please help me.
Hi docs I've noticed a strange change in my body from past couple of years when I was the colour o my skin was pure white my hair was blonde and my eyes colour was blue as I grew the skin became a few shades dark my hair turned from blonde to brown and my eyes turned to grey colour and after that the skin and hair colour didn't changed until I was around 12 but my eyes turned green and when I was 17 I noticed that I've grown fairer and my hair was again turning blonde but my eyes have turned brown now I'm 20 years old and again I'm noticing change in my body the skin and hair are fair and brown but my eyes are turning green what is happening to my body I am perfectly fine I've grown to 6'2 and have a proper body but what is this phenomenon P.S. My parents are Indian and we belong to Punjab and we live in Punjab Is their any kind of explanation to these changes I'm really looking forward to your answers.
I have red eyes over three day My eyes so pain what should I do because 24 hour I am in front of computer.
I have colour blindness. Is any treatment is available in medical science for my problem? Please help.
Feeling dryness and itching around my both eyes. Consulted eye doctor, she told dandruff in eye lashes, suggested me to take medicine for dandruff, am taking medicine but not getting benefits. Please suggest me some solutions for this.
I have to clean my red eyes and I want them white in colour what should I do for getting my white clean eye back.
LASIK or Laser-Assisted in-situ Keratomileusis is a kind of eye surgery used for correcting certain vision problems as well as reducing or doing away with the need for corrective lenses or eyeglasses. It is a widely used refractive surgery that alters the shape of your cornea, the transparent tissue on the frontal portion of the eye. The fundamental aim of this surgery is to refract (bend) light rays in order to make them focus on the retina with improved precision, thus creating a sharper and clearer vision.
You can go for a LASIK eye surgery if you are experiencing any of these problems:
- Myopia or Nearsightedness: It is a condition wherein you enjoy a clearer vision while looking at objects that are close to you. However, distant objects would appear blurred.
- Hypermetropia or Farsightedness: Here, you may experience blurred vision while focusing on objects which are near to you but tend to enjoy better clarity in vision while viewing objects which are placed at a distance.
- Astigmatism: It is a condition disrupting focus of both the distant and close (near) vision.
Learn About The Different Tyoes Of Lasik-
- C-Lasik- C-Lasik or Customized Lasik is gaining ground as the latest and the most effective tool for restoring the quality of one’s vision. It uses a Wave front Guided customized ablation to render personalized treatment to each individual. While the surgical procedure stays the same, C-Lasik, also known as “Eagles’ Eye Vision” can provide the perfect shape to the eye surface, helping one to focus accurately. C-Lasik means that laser eye treatment is now unique to each eye. With C-Lasik, treatment is designed specifically to treat your individual vision errors. It improves the quality of your vision. Each C-Lasik assessment involves an extra diagnostic (screening) process to let the surgeon understand your vision better and select the most suitable treatment for you.
- iLasik- iLasik is the first vision rectifying procedure that is fully customized, done with the use of a laser. It is used to rectify myopia till a measure of 10 diopters, hypermetropia up to +5 diopters and astigmatism, till -5 dioptersafter evaluation of cornea. iLASIK is different from normal LASIK surgery because it recognises that every eye is different. Using 3D mapping technology, the characteristics along with the uniqueness of each eye is recognised. Then using this information, a blueprint is developed so that the lasers can target the right areas. High-frequency pulses are used to create a corneal flap which is lifted so that another laser can repair your eyes. iLasik is the only procedure that has the technology to personalize treatment to individual vision needs. In fact, wavefront measurements are 25 times more precise than those taken with conventional methods used for eyeglasses and contacts.
- Contoura Vision LASIK- Contoura Vision is the most advanced technology available for laser vision correction when it comes to accuracy and precision. This diagnostic technology is able to meticulously identify and record irregularities in the cornea’s curvature as well as its optics. During the procedure, this information is combined with the patient’s corrective eyewear prescription to dramatically improve vision for those suffering from nearsightedness (myopia) and astigmatism. While standard LASIK surgery has been helping individuals enhance correct visual refractive errors for many years, Contoura Vision takes the treatment a step further by offering even greater degrees of enhanced vision quality. Potential benefits of this technique can also include a reduced “glare” at night and even an increase in reading speed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.