Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShahYour feedback matters!
How much water we should drink water in a day? And when? And what will be the side effects of over drinking?
Dear sir/Ma'am I am 20 years old and suffering from painful piles. Suggest me what to do. there any effective treatment home remedies.
Hi doctor, In my blood test reports, vitamin b12 value shows 75. What should I do now? I am pure vegetarian. Please help me and suggest me. Thank you.
Hi, i am suffering from severe pain in feet. And my weight is increasing. I am a mother of baby of 5 month old and feeding him. But want to know can I take green tea capsules, green coffee or please suggest me any other medicines. To reduce the weight. Medicine's taking: indocap,shelcal, biotin, hb-vista.
‘Hives’ or ‘urticaria’ can be defined as an outbreak of reddish swollen bumps on the skin surface. This happens because of the body’s response to involuntary histamine release by the skin’s blood vessels (which in turn, cause a leakage of blood plasma). The infection generally lasts for about 5-6 weeks, varying significantly in sizes and shapes. Although it is not a serious medical condition, hives can posit considerable discomfort to the affected person (coupled with severe itching and a constant burning sensation near the spot).
Although the exact reason behind the development of this condition is still unknown, researchers suggest that there are some factors that initiate the disorder.
- Hives can occur as a result of insect or parasite bites.
- In some cases, this disorder might occur as a side effect of painkillers or anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Excessive intake of alcohol or foods rich in proteins such as eggs, fish, nuts, chocolate, berries etc. might also cause hives.
- Excessive exposure to the harmful UV rays of the sun or high levels of stress can also result in hives.
- Also, suffering from serious underlying medical conditions such as cancer, hepatitis or thyroid disorders might drastically aggravate chances of chronic hives as well.
- Development of numerous reddish welts around the face or the arms along with a severe itchy sensation, recurrent feeling of tightness around the chest and constant dizziness.
- Oral inflammation
If not treated immediately after diagnosis, this disorder might cause life- threatening allergic reactions such as Anaphylaxis (a condition which narrows down the bronchial tubes and causes significant breathing troubles) and auto-immune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis.
The homeopathic preparations useful for treating hives have been mentioned below:
- Apis mellifica: This medication works best for a case of hives that has resulted from insect or parasite bites. Other symptoms that are taken care of by this medication include severe itching and a stinging sensation that worsens at night or with exposure to cold, coupled with mild fever.
- Arsenicum album: This homeopathic preparation is effective to cure hives that include symptoms of a burning sensation, abnormal swelling, and constant restlessness.
- Ichthyolum and Astacus: This preparation is effective to cure chronic hives caused due to serious medical conditions such as uric acid, tuberculosis, or excessive alcohol consumption. People suffering from this particular type exhibit symptoms such as a large appetite, irritability, and a constant itchiness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
I have been detected with high blood sugar level from past 1 month n have not started with medications but am on strict diet and exercise. Its 245 fasting and 267 after food. No family history of diabetes. I am also suffering from hormone imbalance and PCOD and fibroids, can it be type 2 diabetes and can I avoid medicines and cure diabetes. Any remedy please.
Doctor on the first night I had intercourse with my wife but she did not have bleeding But I have heard that girls should have bleeding on first night is it abnormal if there is no bleeding .I also ejaculated in her mouth which she swallowed. Is there any risk if she swallows the semen. I make her swallow the semen regularly
1-losing extra weight:-is the most significant thing which can make a big difference to your health. It helps lower your blood pressure and cholesterol too. Waist of more than 80 cm in women & 90 cm in man are at risk
2- constant and regular food timings:- it will improve your metabolic activity and helps reducing your weight.
3- split your meals and eating in moderate amount:-splitting your meals into 3-4 times per day (including snacks) and eating in fair amount, improves your metabolic rate as the food you take is not concentrated at one time.
4- no long gaps and skipping of meals:-never miss out breakfast.
5- no overeating:-never eat in a bulk on one time remember to eat your food slowly, chew well.
6- proper exercise and work outs:-exercise is a fast way to trim down calories, extra weight and controlling glucose level. Brisk walking for 30 min. Atleast five times a week is the best. You can also try cycling, swimming, dancing. Timings for exercise should be fixed and regular. Do not eat right away after a workout.
7-constant and regular timings for medication
8-avoid fried foods, meat, fats and sweets.
9- take high-fibre and complex carbohydrates:-like oats. Add whole grain foods in your diet. Avoid white bread, pasta, pizza, candies, and snacks. Instead include high-fiber carbohydrates like wheat bran, flaxseed and methi seeds to your wheat flour. This will increase fibre in your diet.