Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 53 year old. I frequently suffer from stomach ailments (loose motion and infections). What should I do?
Doctor I am suffering from throat pain since two days having fever too please suggest some medicine.
If I Hv a uncircumcised penis. N want to plan for a kid. Is it possible. N Wat should b taken care while intercourse. To plan for a kid. please help.
I am 27 years old. On my back some black acne are growing with some allergy. Please suggest me is it any type of disease and how to protect from it.
I am suffering from fever since last 3 days I took medicine but it doesn't effect me what should I do now?
Hi. Im 29 year old and I think I have some problem like. Daily in the morning there some sperm leakage in my track. Can you tell me why this happened everyday. Thanks.
Suffering from headache. What should I do to prevent from this & also I want to reduce my body fat. Plzz tell me the best way.
I am suffering from over eating for more than 10 years now I really want to get cure suggest me please.
As one of the fifth leading cause of cancer deaths for women globally, Ovarian cancer is a serious ailment. This type of cancer usually cannot be detected until it has spread considerably and causes significant damage. It affects the ovaries of women who are in their late fifties and upwards. Yet, careful screening and vigilance with the help of regular gynaecology check-ups can help in detecting and treating this potentially fatal disease. Read on to know what you may be missing during those crucial gynaecology check-ups!
- Screening Tests: Whether or not you are risk genetically or due to the environment, your annual gynaecology check-up must include Ovarian Cancer screening, which will basically try to look for the earliest signs and symptoms by studying the fallopian tubes and other areas for peritoneal screening for ovarian, fallopian and primary peritoneal cancer. The CA 125 Blood Test can also be used in order to detect this condition.
- Ovaries: During the screening and normal check-ups as well, ask your doctor to concentrate on the size, shape and consistency of the ovaries as well as the uterus. A pelvic exam will also be helpful in detecting even the smallest anomalies that can point at the existence of symptoms.
- Pap Test: It is a well-known fact that women over the age of 25 years and especially those who have been through childbirth even once, must get the Pap Smear Test done on a routine basis so as to rule out ovarian and cervical cancer. While this test may not be able to detect ovarian cancer for many cases, it can detect this kind of cancer in the more advanced stages.
- Bloating and Fluid Build-up: If you are experiencing various symptoms like edema or fluid retention and bloating in the area, then you may want your doctor to put you through a screening test for Ovarian Cancer screening. Usually, we tend to overlook these symptoms as a part of an infection or even normal menstrual cycle, but the detection of these symptoms must be followed up by proper screening.
- Ultrasound Wand: An ultrasound wand will be able to detect even the tiniest changes in the ovaries and the surrounding areas with the help of the TVUS test which can find a mass in the ovary. This can then be followed up by a biopsy to tell whether or not it is malignant.
Symptoms like too much of vaginal discharge and unusual amount of bleeding during the menstrual cycle should not go unnoticed or unreported and it is best to get a proper ultrasound done, followed by the various types of screening for this kind of cancer.