Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Shafika S LambeyYour feedback matters!
Mere period 10 din miss ho gaye hai air main Ghar per pregnancy test ki Jo negative aka rahi hai main kya karu ?
I take MTP in march 2011. Now i want a baby. I am trying for it from last 3 month but failed. Is it any side effect of MTP which i used in march 2011.
I had sex on the 12th of April and my last date of period was 9th April. My first date of period was 5th April. And today is 6th May. I dint get my chumps yet. Any chance of getting pregnant? Or is it safe? Pls help me.
• Allium sulphur compounds: Leeks, onions, garlic
• Anthocyanins: Eggplant, grapes, berries
• Beta carotene: Pumpkin, mangoes, apricots, carrots, spinach, parsley
• Catechins: Red wine, tea
• Copper: Seafood, lean meat, milk, nuts, legumes
• Cryptoxanthins: Red peppers, pumpkin, mangoes
• Flavonoids: Tea, green tea, red wine, citrus fruits, onion, apples
• Indoles: Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower
• Lignans: Sesame seeds, bran, whole grains, vegetables
• Lutein: Corn, leafy greens (such as spinach)
• Lycopene: Tomatoes, pink grapefruit, watermelon
• Manganese: Seafood, lean meat, milk, nuts
• Polyphenols: Thyme, oregano
• Selenium: Seafood, offal, lean meat, whole grains
• Vitamin C: Oranges, berries, kiwi fruit, mangoes, broccoli, spinach, peppers
• Vitamin E: Vegetable oils, nuts, avocados, seeds, whole grains
• Zinc: Seafood, lean meat, milk, nuts
Hi, I had a unprotected sex in Thailand, due to this I have went for STD check after 14th week. It turned C. Trachomatis and HSV as equivocal HIV as negative. Do I still need to test HIV or can I start medication for HSV 2 and C. tract.
I have 2 days period prblm from my biggining period I have ds prblm is it any dangerous to my health.
I am 49 years old having high serum triglyceride (350). Kindly advise me homeopathic medicine for reduction of the same ?
I had my periods on 20th december and it lasted till 26th december. I had unprotected sex on 31st december morning and took an i-pill on the same day evening. On 5th jan I started bleeding. Is it periods? And Why? And is this normal?
I am 18 year old female and my boy friend and I were committed nt totally bt he just touched his upper part of his penis where sperms exit and by mistake he just touched my labium majora, labium minora, vaginal opening so is there any chances for pregnancy entering sperms into my body through dis indirect touch of sperms to my sex part bt widen an hour I consumed mpill tablet. Will dis help? 10 days have passed crossing my date for periods and still I don't find any sign of periods I am getting scared is this happening because of the m pill due to dis m pillar there chances of missing my periods and den normal after 1 month or am I pregnant. Do I need to take a pregnancy test?
I am 25 years married girl. I have PCOD for past 3 years. I need to get pregnant. Give me some advice.
I have sex with my wife but no long time sex because I tired, when I started sex her felt pain and she didn't feel enjoy Please suggest for both of us.
A psychological disorder, which is marked by abnormal eating patterns is known as an eating disorder. Eating disorder, commonly known as anorexia nervosa in medical circles, is often a combination of both abnormal eating and weight gain patterns.
Yet, on general diagnosis, eating disorders are categorized into three types, namely, anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge eating.
Diagnostically stated, a person suffering from:
- Anorexia nervosa is usually characterized by low body weight as well as a disturbed perception of one's weight.
- Bulimia nervosa on the other hand includes, persistent binge eating along with loss of self-control and a psychological overvaluation of one's body shape or weight.
- The third category, which is binge eating, is marked by anxiety, consistent overeating, stress and drastic loss of self-esteem.
Although, eating disorder is a commonplace disorder worldwide, the cause of it still remains unknown. A recent research has found that due to the fact that eating disorders reflect a physiological anomaly between the need to eat and the drive to eat, a hypothesis is developed stating the cause to be a disturbing appetite pattern on the most fundamental level. This proposition has been further delved into using brain imaging that shows emotions, rewards and eating inhibitions are linked to neural pathways.
Current treatments, which include forms of psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy have limited capacity in reducing and normalizing eating disorders. Furthermore, various psychological interventions used to treat eating disorders are variations of psychiatric treatments, which are not particular to the needs of the patient in such disorders. Empirical researches have linked inhibitions, rewards and maladaptive eating behaviors to alterations in the circuitry of the brain. Furthermore, abnormal metabolistic behaviors are also linked to eating disorders.
Although no concrete remedy exists, a person suffering from eating disorders could get their symptoms minimalized to a certain extent through rehabilitation clinics and therapies.