Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shafika S LambeyYour feedback matters!
I just want to know that sexual transmitted diseases can be transferred only if One of the partner is infected. Or is it not necessary that either should have infected. If both were not infected than can also is it possible?
How can I differentiate between Shingles and Herpes simplex. Even there symptoms is same. I want to know the difference. Plzz help me.
It is human nature to want to look good and feel good. A young, smiling face that greets you in the mirror can be one of the happiest moments on a given day. However, it is not always the case. With age, the image that looks back leaves a lot to be desired. The wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, tanning spots, etc. seem to take away a lot of the beauty. However, with these concerns growing, the cosmetic industry has found out ways to mask these and keep that face in the mirror young and happy.
While earlier only celebrities could afford such treatments, now more and more people have access to simple but effective techniques to keep their youthful looks intact.
What is Botox?
It is a control use of a toxin to get desired paralysis the muscle according to three individual patient. In even extremely minor amounts, this toxin can relaxes muscles and this property of it is used to treat facial wrinkles and fine lines. This was accidentally discovered but is now one of the most widely used techniques in cosmetic surgery.
How does it work?
The nerves send messages to the muscles to contract or relax through neurotransmitters. Acetylcholine is one such neurotransmitter and sends signals to the skin from the nerves. Botox acts by preventing the release of this chemical. The result is that the muscle does not receive a signal to contract. The end result is reduced wrinkles and fine lines.
Uses: The forehead and corners of the eyes are the most common areas that are treated with Botox. The wrinkles are often lost and the skin looks younger and firmer. In addition, Botox is also medically approved for use in the following conditions.
- Blepharospasm (spasm of the eyelids)
- Lazy eye (strabismus)
- Chronic migraine and headaches
- Chronic spasms in the neck
- Overactive bladder (resulting in frequent urination)
- Spasticity resulting from stroke
- Excessive sweating
- Esophageal motility disorders
- Urinary incontinence
- Bruxism (tooth grinding)
- Crow’s feet (outer corner of the eyes)
With Botox gaining popularity, this list of indications is only set to get longer.
Precautions: This is a highly potent toxin and about 2 kg is sufficient to wipe out the entire human race. Therefore, it is very important to use this under the hands of a trained, experienced professional.
- Mild pain or redness at the injection site
- Temporary numbness
- Allergic reaction to toxin (very rare)
These are very transient and disappear over a couple of days’ time, revealing the real benefits of Botox. Set realistic expectations with your surgeon and be ready to look at a younger, happier you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic surgeon.
I think I am pregnant from this month bt I had a abortion in February so is there any problem of my baby.
Hi I am 29 years old n was married when I was 19 I conceived after 2 months of my marriage as v planned for another baby after five years I am still not conceiving my child is of 9 years now.
Mere utress me bhut swelling rehta hai jiski wajah se mere kabhi jyada bleeding to kbhi kan bleeding rhta h. Periods bhi barabar nahi aata 2 month me aata hai thyroid etc sb test ho gye h thyroid nhi h mere bs uterus me hi swelling bahut rehta h please suggest me Dr.
Mere shaadi ko 2 years ho gye hai par mera baby nhi hai hai. Abhi mein doctor ke advice pe folic acid tablets le rhe hu. Kya yeh mere pregnancy mein help karega.
Merit age 48 hai or 1 month se menopause ho gya h kya sex my problem ya or more koi medicine se menopause fir regular ho skti h.
I've missed my periods. It's 13th day today that I've missed it. My pregnancy test is negative. What shall I do. Please suggest me a permanent solution for the problem.
From last 2 months. Periods are happening with me 2 times a month. .wat medicine should I take. Please reply soon .
Losing weight is not just about knocking off a few pounds, it is about living healthy. If you are overweight then your chances of being affected by heart diseases increase. On an overall basis, apart from negatively impacting your self-esteem, it can make you prone to a host of life-threatening disorders. For weight loss, it is important to understand the causes of weight gain, some of which are:
- Consuming fatty foods: If you are consuming more food than the required amount, it is likely that you will put on weight. Consuming foods that are rich in simple carbohydrates and starch can lead to excess calories in the body.
- Disorders: Various metabolic disorders like problems of the thyroid gland or being diabetic can cause you to put on weight.
- Being physically inactive: If you follow a sedentary lifestyle then it is more likely that you will put on weight. Usually jobs that involve sitting behind a desk for long periods of time make people prone to obesity.
These are some reasons that can cause weight gain. If you are overweight then the initial resort is to undertake lifestyle changes. From eating a well-balanced diet to being more physically active are the primary changes that you may commit to. In case you are not seeing visible changes then you may opt for non surgical treatment for weight loss.
The cosmetic techniques by which you can lose fat are:
- Ultrasonic Lipolysis: Ultrasonic lipolysis is a non-surgical technique to get rid of fat. In this technique, ultrasound waves are used to target fat tissues and get rid of it. A transducer (device used to convert energy from one form to another) is kept on the affected area where it emits energy. The fat cells are metabolized by the body and drained from the body further helping in weight loss.
- Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy is a technique that focuses on getting rid of fat from the body by injecting medications in the affected area. It uses a combination of herbs and minerals to destroy the fat cells in your body.
- Endermology: It is a process that involves using rollers to roll over the top portion of the skin which leads to fat loss from the body. It also helps in revitalizing and reshaping the skin, further enhancing weight loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
I have PCOD problem and sometime my periods delay for 15 days and some time delay for 1 month what can I do.
25 years old female having pcod. I hv taken tab Duphaston. Lmp is 3rdjuly I start tab letrol2. 5 mg bd for 3rd to 7 day. I hav check preg test on 17th july it was negative. please suggest what I hv to do to conceive?
Hi doc. Since 5 years (from 2011) I am diagnosed with fibroadenoma. I was OK as d size was just 1.8 mm but now it has started pain and d size has also increased to2. 7 mm I am really v much worried abt it, as I am gonna get married in may 17. Did many medication like Ayurveda homeo allopathy. But no result. I want to ask you that can I get married? Will it effect my conceiving rate. Will I have any problem in feeding. And suggest me some gud Dr. who can cure did. If I don't get it operated will it turn into malignant after marriage. Or is it gud to operate it bfre marriage. Pls pls help me out. God bless you.
I am 22 years old I have lump kind of thing in my right armpit nd also I usually feel severe pain in my right breast nd sometimes in left too. My left breast is little small in size compared to right one. Wat is the prob actually?
I am 23 years old female, I have had unprotected intercourse two days back (18April 2016) and I took contraceptive pill (unwanted72) after one hour of the intercourse. How high are the chances of pregnancy? P.S.I have PCOS and my last month my periods were on 19 march 2016 (had lesser bleeding than usual). Also I was on Dronis- 20 between 2012-13 as advised by gynaecologist. I am worried if I would get pregnant! Please advice what should I do? Also will it effect my pcos?
Hello Sir, I have 2 Children. I got surgery for family planning 6years ago. Till now I am getting periods in regular intervals. I. E. 28 - 30 days. But now it is late by 11 days and till now I did not got menses. Could you please tell me the reasons for this delay and what should I do. Thanks and regards. Kumari N.
Sir, I am 20 yrs old and I am suffering from the disease pcos (polycystic ovary syndrome) I m just want to know is pcos curable?
Breast cancer is one of the most feared diagnoses in women. When cancerous cells develop in a woman's breast, irregular lumps, changes in the shape or size of the breast and discharge of blood from the nipples may be experienced. There are lots of preventive measures that you can take to avoid breast cancer. It is important to live a healthy life with as less exposure to toxins as possible. Here are some tips and strategies that can lower your risk of breast cancer
- Plant based diet - Studies have shown that a high plant based diet, full of vegetables and fruits, is packed with antioxidants, minerals, and nutrients that lower the risk of breast cancer. Eat light, and avoid refined sugar and processed meat. Try to construct a healthy Mediterranean diet plan rich in olive oil and nuts.
- Maintain an appropriate weight - Do not gain extra weight as obesity and excessive weight gain are related to breast cancer. Cut down on fat and exercise regularly to lead an active life.
- Breastfeeding - If you are a new mom, breastfeed your baby as it has numerous health benefits for both you and your child, including lowering the chances of breast cancer in the mother.
- Sleep - It is important to get 8 hours of sleep every night to live a healthy life. Many studies have shown that a short duration of sleep and exposure to light at night that disrupts the circadian rhythm increases the risk of breast cancer.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol - Do not smoke as it increases the chances of cancer in other organs and also leads to toxin inclusion in the body. Also, be sure to drink in moderation as excess alcohol consumption is cancer causing offender.
- Artificial hormones - Women during menopause often resort to hormone replacement therapy, and the extended use of this therapy can heighten the risk of breast cancer. Therefore, it is recommended to look for other options to smoothen your transition to the menopausal phase.
Related Tip: Homeopathic treatments for cancer