Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shafika S Lambey
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shafika S LambeyYour feedback matters!
Just I sucked a sex worker breasts, but I had rashes on my lower lip, after sex I touched the used condom, did I get hiv by doing oral Sex.
I am 40 years. I had hypothyroid 2 years back. After the treatment my reports were normal up to jan'15. Now from last few months I am having lot of health problem like psoriasis, ringworm, irregular periods, tiredness. Less sleep. At times high blood pressure and times low blood pressure. I have gone through all the above treatment but none of them have from last six to eight months.
Sex is still considered a taboo topic to be discussed openly in our society. People feel uncomfortable in asking, sharing or even seeking professional help about matters related to sexual health. It is ironical that Kamastura, the standard work on human sexual behaviour, was written in India around the 2nd century AD. It is even more fascinating that despite such widespread stigma and taboo, we have a population of 1.2 billion!
Since it is such a relevant topic which requires correct and authentic information, we will discuss this topic over the next 2 posts. This post focuses on some of the common sexual disorders. Subsequently we will take the causes and treatments for such problems in tomorrow's post.
Although everyone is expected to have some sexual difficulties from time to time, when these persist or are reasonably high in intensity, it may be due to a sexual dysfunction. Sexual dysfunction is a disorder which prevents the individual from either wanting or enjoying sexual activity as desired. It is generally classified into four categories:-
- Desire disorders – lack of sexual desire or interest in sex. The person may still enjoy sexual activities and experience satisfaction but doesn’t desire sex as much. This makes the initiation of sexual activity less likely. In sexual aversion, sexual activity is completely avoided as it is anxiety provoking and associated with strong negative feelings.
- Arousal disorders – inability to become physically aroused or excited during sexual activity even though the person may be emotionally ready for sex. In men, this may be manifested as failure to achieve an erection suitable for satisfactory intercourse. In women, the principal problem is vaginal dryness or lack of lubrication which makes intercourse difficult or impossible.
- Orgasm disorders – delay or absence of orgasm (climax). The person may not be able to experience orgasm at all or it may be delayed. It includes a condition known as premature ejaculation, in which the male partner is unable to control ejaculation sufficiently for both partners to enjoy sexual interaction.
- Pain disorders – pain during intercourse. In this condition, the person experiences genital pain during sexual intercourse making intercourse impossible or painful.
Sexual dysfunction can affect any age, although it is more common in those over 40 years because it is often related to a decline in health associated with aging. While research suggests that sexual dysfunction is fairly common (43 percent of women and 31 percent of men report some degree of difficulty), it is a topic that many people are hesitant to discuss. Because treatment options are available, it is important to share your concerns with your partner and health care provider.
‘Sex is between the ears as well as between the legs’
Hlo Dr. I am 22 years old. I have done a sex on june 4 with my partner and after doing that I have periods after 15 to 16 days and again in july month I also had periods but utna flow nhi tha jitna june mein sex k 15 din baad hua tha. Aur ab august month hai aur mujhr periods abi aane hain agr aaye to may be 18 -19 tk aa jayeinge. But mujhe aisa lgta hai k main pregnant hu mera pet b thoda fulla sa lgta hai aur mujhe kuch solid sa b lgta hai aise jaise pet mein kuch aur hai b naabhi k aas paas hi aur aur lette tym pet ki shape change c ho jaati hai. Please Dr. mujhe btaiye k kya sach mein main pregnant hu ya ye mera veham hai. Please Dr. Suggest me something please.
I want to know about kegel exercises. How and when to do it. Who can do it and what is it's benefit. Is it beneficial for both man and woman.
If an individual desires to get destressed, detoxified, rejuvenated in one go - Panchakarma is one stop for all discomforts. After the Panchakarma patient feels relaxed, lightened, energised and feeling of happyness settles in him. One should get his / her Panchakarma done atleast once a year. if Panchakarma is done in every months then more better results are seen in the inviduals. Good results are seen in general strength of the body, sleep, digestion, thought process improves.
With the change in lifestyle and stressful work profiles, a few ladies lean toward fasting with little alterations like tasting some water, tea or coffee. Few of them likewise consume fruits and dry fruits. In case you are fasting the altered way, you can begin your day with the same meal excluding dry fruits, fruits and coconut water.
These things can be included later in the day when you truly feel the need. Abstain from drinking an excessive amount of tea or coffee. Likewise, abstain from eating anything sweetened and high in sugar items while you are fasting. As the time gap will be long between your meals, eliminating these foods will help you stay away from unnecessary stress on the digestive system. This is how you can fast the healthy way during Karva Chauth:
- Nuts: Have plenty of nuts, for example, almonds and walnuts as they build up your energy for the day and are highly beneficial for your health. These nutritious nuts are high in fats that are essential for the body (connected to anti-aging and bringing down cholesterol). They are high in protein, which will keep you satisfied for a longer period of time.
- Water: Drink two to three glasses of lukewarm water. In case the water is warm, it gets consumed quicker as it matches the surrounding body temperature. This is essential to fuel up your reserves at the time of your sargi.
- Tea: It is an individual decision to consume some fluid at night. For those of you, who might want to do this, ensure in case you are having tea, to drink it with plenty of milk. Generally having tea on an empty stomach will increase the acidity of the stomach and may bring about pain.
- Sargi: In the morning while you have sargi, maintain a strategic distance from extremely sugary foods. In case that it is an absolute necessity, have just a bit to taste. The guideline is that sweet foods have a tendency to disturb hunger later in the day. So stay away from those appetite enhancers by keeping away from a lot of sweet. Homemade paneer is a healthy choice as it is high in protein and will in this way give you energy.
- Breakfast: Go for a light breakfast in the morning to stay away from a migraine and feeling heavy-headed the entire day. You may pick products like fruits and whole grains for your breakfast rather than refined oats and bread.
- Organic Products: Desserts build your hunger even more. In this manner try staying away from desserts the entire day. Rather you can pick organic products, as they give you early satiety with healthy nourishment.