Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shafika S LambeyYour feedback matters!
I used to have irregular menses. I did ultrasound n everything ws normal ovaries n all etc. I usd2 hv gap of 3 months n dn heavy bleeding for 11 days. Bt from january dis year m having regular mens continues upto 7 days n stops. Wl it affect my pregnancy? My mother usd2 hv like dis during her girl life bt aftr marriage mothers mens became regular. So cn it b genetic?
What is good timing to pregnant my wife during monthly periods? How many days is possible to pregnant my wife after starting of monthly periods? Plzzz tell me.
I have been bleeding from 1 and half month. What does it mean? And also I have irregular period. Pls suggest me.
Doctor, Last month meri wife ki date 10 days late thi. To is month uska fertile period time kya hoga.
In order to spice up your relationship under the sheets, it is recommended to adopt different measures time-to-time. From trying different positions to engaging in the occasional dirty talk, the solutions are aplenty. Another important factor in maintaining a healthy sex life is your diet. Changing your dietary regime can actually boost your sex life.
Here is a list of some foods you can include in your daily diet, that might work wonder in terms of overall improvement of your sex life:
- Green vegetables: Make sure to include a healthy amount of green vegetables (spinach, cabbage, broccoli etc.) in your daily diet as they contain folate – a nutrient that significantly boosts sex drive in both male and females. Spinach, in particular, contains a rich amount of magnesium, which helps in the expansion of the blood vessels and initiates proper blood flow in the genital regions.
- Strawberry: A daily intake of two or three strawberries might work wonders to boost your sex life. Strawberries can boost sperm counts in men and is known to be a rich source of folic acid- the vitamin that lowers the risk of any birth-related disorders.
- Watermelon: This fruit makes up the list not just because it is delicious, but it is a rich source of citrulline, an amino acid responsible for increasing your sex drive. Also, citrulline can help in the expansion of the blood vessels and is proven to be an effective cure in men suffering from infertility.
- Garlic: Adding a pinch of garlic in your food is quite beneficial for your sex life. It is a rich source of the compound allicin which boosts the blood flow to different organs (including your genitals).
- Cinnamon: An inclusion of a regulated amount of cinnamon powder in the food you eat regularly can work wonders in your bedroom. According to recent studies, this sweet and warm spice can be extremely beneficial in the reduction of the blood sugar levels of your body. With a balanced blood sugar level, there will be no risks of a subsequent loss of energy while engaging in sexual intercourse and you will be able to sustain the pleasures more adequately.
Besides the aforementioned foods, you can also consume bananas, a small amount of dark chocolates, eggs, and red meat in order to boost your sex life. Besides, make sure to eat a balanced meal everyday (containing suitable amounts of protein, fats, and carbohydrates) and eat a large amount of water to get rid of the toxins from your body. Also, try to reduce your alcohol and tobacco consumption in order to get a satisfying experience in the bedroom as these can significantly inhibit your performance. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I just given birth to a healthy baby by normal delivery at correct due date. But I am suffering lack of lactation, I used lactare tablets and some medicines regarding this problem. After that I get some milk for some days and now totally stopped. I want to give my baby breast fead .I want know what are the reasons. I have correct levels of bp, hb.and please help me too regenerate breast milk quickly by medicine's and I tried many home remedies but it doesn't work. please help me.
I am 21 year old female I drink about 1 and a half litres of water a day yesterday I saw a pinch of blood in urine but I didn't get it after dat am having light burning micturition no decreased amount of urine I urinate once every 3 or 4 great.
I have a doubt about sex. If I will use a condom, but kissing on vagina and sucking breasts will it OK. Or.can I get sexually transmitted diseases. Or HIV?
Maine abhi 5 din pahle hi check kiya hai ki mai pregnant hu. Toh please mjhe ye btaye ki pregancy me sex kr skte h ya nahi. Please fast.
Here are causes, types, tests and management of Infertility.
Hello, good afternoon my name is Dr. Hitu Madan. I am a gynecologist practicing in the old part of Gurgaon. I am attached to many hospitals and corporate hospitals also. Today the topic of discussion is Infertility. The most common problem encountered nowadays. Infertility is basically a failure to conceive within one year of regular unprotected intercourse. However, there are many causes of infertility but the prime factor which I involve are the male factors which encounter for the 40 percent of the causes and the female factor 50 percent and 10 percent may be the both the causes or rest of the 10 percent may be the idiopathic causes.
Infertility is mainly of two types. Primary infertility and secondary infertility.
Primary infertility is the one in which the female has never conceived and the secondary infertility is the one in which the female has conceived once thereafter subsequently she is unable to conceive. There are many factors involved in this. The things which we have to evaluate in this is the male factor and female factor the both. The male factor only the one thing major included is the sperm count and the volume of the seminal fluid. Basically the motility of sperm is seen in this.
The other factors may be the anatomical disturbances and may be the difficulty in sexual intercourse and drug induced fertility may be there, alcohol induced and there may be some of the unknown causes. In female we see for the anatomical causes, the wearing causes and lastly the infection. The basic importance lies in the examination. The female has to be thoroughly examined to see any anatomical abnormality or any other abnormal dysfunction mainly related to the menstrual cycle. In males we have to go for semen analysis, urine routine and blood sugar for the baseline studies. In females we go for the ultrasound, the thyroid function test, prolactin, blood sugar test.
The other causes are to be ruled out as per the examination the problems are found. Regarding the management of infertility well you have to go as per your doctor and the other things which are to be seen are you should maintain and have a healthy lifestyle and control your weight and you should undergo the proper tests as per told by your doctor and most of the cases conceive only with the initial management only and baseline management only. But the cases which are not treated with the baseline things they might have to undergo surgeries and in the last resort they might have to go for IVF also.
If you have any other query or any other information you want to get from me you can consult me on lybrate.
I'm 24 years. I had sex on 3rd Oct and taken unwanted 72 around 3 hours of sex. My last periods was on 15 th September. This month I was expecting periods on 13th but I didn't get my periods. How long my periods can be delayed and am I pregnant?
I am 22 year old female. From past few years this is the first time when I get periods twice a month. Even after second time after 2 days gap, bleeding again started and it is causing pain in whole legs and lower areas. M not able to understand the reason for this. Please help.
I am suffering pain in right testicle from 1 year. In starting period I consulted with doc and he advised me to do USG and result was negative. Again I have consulted with doc and he advised same and USG report are showing mild hydrocele in right testicle. Doctor has advised me to go for surgery. But I would want to go for it. Could it cure by medicine or any other way? I always feel little pain and burning sensation in right testicle. I would be great if I will get right suggestion from great Doctor panel. Thanks in advance.
Pregnancy is that period of time in a woman's life when she is excited about giving birth to her baby. She is not only responsible to keep herself healthy, but her baby is also her responsibility. What she eats, how she lives and her daily routine will affect the baby. Thus, to have a healthy pregnancy it is necessary that you exercise regularly and eat well. You should also avoid those things that may hurt your baby.
Take care of what you eat:
During pregnancy it is important to get proper nutrition so that you and your baby are healthy. For slow and gradual weight gain, it is necessary to pay close attention to the folic acid, calcium and iron intake. However, if you are obese, then your weight gain regime will be different from others.
The diet during pregnancy should include:
- Intake of fruit and vegetables is important as they are good sources of vitamins, minerals and even fiber. They are good for digestion and also help in preventing constipation. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
- During pregnancy carbohydrates are also important as they act as an important source of energy. Different food items that are rich in carbohydrates are potatoes, bread, breakfast cereals, pasta, rice, noodles, millet, maize, oats, yams, sweet potatoes, and corn meal. It is better to eat whole grains and potato with the skin on as they are rich in fiber.
- Intake of protein is very important during pregnancy, and thus you should take lean meat, pulses, beans, nuts, fish, and eggs. All these items should be cooked well so that you do not face any problem in digestion during pregnancy.
- It is also necessary to eat dairy products like milk, cheese, butter and yoghurt during pregnancy. They are important because they contain the calcium and nutrients that are necessary for the growth of the baby.
What to avoid?
Just as you should eat certain food items to be healthy, there are certain foods that must be avoided to be fit and healthy. Avoid the following during pregnancy
- Drugs and alcohol
- Medicines that are not prescribed by your physician
- Smoking tobacco
- Fried and oily food
- Fishes those are rich in mercury like shark, tilefish, swordfish and those fishes that are caught in local waters are not considered safe.
- Too much intake of caffeine is also hazardous for a pregnant lady.
Thus, by following the above-mentioned diet tips you can keep your baby and yourself healthy. Always get advice from your physician for any decision that you take during pregnancy.