Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Seth NeelimaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from cold, jammed nossel, water from eyes whenever liking mobile or computer screen for long time advise me what to do ?
I have red eyes since my child hood, always I used to rub my eyes because of itching sensation. Please suggest me some precautions. Thank you.
When my sister are in Class 3 (2010) ,She was strike on his head (behind eye) from Wooden Door. After we check up his head, in CT scan Report there was Normal. But From Last Yrs His Head was in pain Back Side of his Head. Every doctor Check up His Head in ,But no difference. Can You Give Sum Suggestions Regarding This.
My eyes are becoming red very easily even after adequate sleep and not exposed to dust. Please suggest wat could be the problem and remedy.
I like being alone. I avoid company of friends and family. My mind is always occupied with negative thoughts. I do not see my life going anywhere in future. I have considered of committing suicide several times. What is wrong with me?
I have sticky eyes all the day and my sight has gone little blurry. I wear specs having no. 0.75 (both).
respected sir, mam. For face I am using skintight cream. But my face got little bit fair than before. But my eyes side become dark. Any cream for getting fair for whole face and neck.
My eyes got red and itching. But my pupils not stick to each other when I wake up in the morning. I consulted with the doctor 3 days before. She told me that it is eye allergy and prescribed me 'CROMAL' eye drops. Still it improved nothing. Please help what to do.
Sir, my problem is i am unable to see long things clearly, long means about 200Mtrs because of sight, so how overcome this problem.
Hi Dr. My son met with an accident and is recuperating since last 5 months and the accident has also hurt his eyes that he has double vision now and doctors in jaipur are of the opinion to operate. With the available reports could you get an opinion willing to handle this case, request to please act fast and provide necessary info asap.
I have pterygium problem and so I consult doctor he suggested for surgery since it was effecting my vision. Please suggest me safe surgery & how long it will take to go to office after surgery. And what precautions to be taken before & After surgery. For how long swelling will be after pterygium surgery.
A sty is a tiny red bump in the eyes which looks like a pimple on the outer edge of the eye. This condition usually causes a lot of discomfort and a significant amount of pain. This pimple generally forms when the oil glands in the eyes get clogged with dirt and grime as well as excess oil, which created blockage due to the accumulation of bacteria. Too much tear production as well as swelling and pain are the most common symptoms of this condition, which must be shown to an ophthalmologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Read on to find out the various ways in which you can treat this condition:
- Well Cleaned Hands: Always ensure that your hands are properly cleaned and sanitised, as the hands can spread the maximum amount of germs and bacteria to your eyes. The hands are usually the most overworked part of the body which we use for doing a variety of tasks that involve touching, gripping, pulling, pushing and running them along a variety of surfaces. This causes a build-up of germs and bacteria on the hands which can easily get transferred to the face or the eyes, as one touches these areas constantly. So, it is important to keep your hands clean at all time to ensure that the sty does not get worse.
- Avoid Makeup: When you are suffering from a sty, it is imperative to keep your eyes clean and clear. For this, you must avoid using makeup until the sty gets fully cured as the makeup may irritate the eye and the particles may further block the pimple. Also, you may want to avoid wearing contact lenses unless the sty gets better, and stick to glasses instead so that there is nothing in the eye that will obstruct its treatment.
- Warm Washcloth: This treatment will soothe the eye and help in sanitising the area with the warmth of the washcloth. Also, this kind of treatment for a few minutes every day will ensure that the swelling also reduces. Further, one must ensure that the washcloth is clean and lint free so that no dirt escapes into the eyes.
- Avoid Squeezing: One must avoid squeezing the sty as this action can make it even worse. Further, if the pimple bursts, the liquid or pus within can easily infect the eye and the area around it. The sty should be allowed to drain out on its own, or you can visit an eye doctor who will help in draining it out.
Getting professional help to treat the sty with medication and ointments as well as medical procedures is always more helpful.
Hi My son 3 years old. We consult doctor for his eye swelling issue from last 3 days. After urine test we found pus cell 5-6 hpf and Epithelial cell 2-3 hpf. I want to know is it any major issue with kidney or it is not critical. Now Medicine Ascoril Ls given by doctor.
My eyesight is getting weaker and weaker and I am not able to see distinct objects clearly I don't wanna have lens But I want it to be fixed with proper diet.
While it's assumed that numerous eye injuries are inflicted at work, just about the same number of them may happen while at home. Luckily, most eye wounds are preventable. Find ways to prevent eye injuries, as the eyes are very sensitive and delicate.
Here is a list of some of the most common eye injuries and tips on how to prevent them:
- A lot of eye injuries happen from dust particles entering the eyes, causing itching and burning sensation. Protective glasses should be worn when doing any kind of activity in a dusty area with flying particles.
- Pencils, scissors, forks, knives and all similar sharp objects can cause a serious eye injury. Day to day household items like bungee cords, wire coat hangers, rubber bands and fishhooks are capable of causing eye injuries. You must always remain aware and super conscious while using such objects.
- While performing activities such as dusting, sweeping or lawn mowing, make sure to protect your eyes well as dust is involved.
- Children are very curious by nature. Thus, all hazardous stuff like fertilizers, acids should be kept away from their reach. These contain harmful chemicals, which may inflict fatal damage to the eyes.
- Cooking powder and spices like chili powder can cause injury to the eye. Always wash your hands after using these items, so that you don't harm the eyes if you by chance rub them with your hands.
- Precautions should be taken while dealing with heat or boiling water or oil. They may spill and cause damage to the eyes.
- Secure floor coverings and railings. On the off chance that a kid or elderly man lives in your home, use a safety gate at the top and base of stairs, and consider covering sharp furniture edges and corners with a padding material.
- While travelling in a car, abrupt jerking or breaks may cause the head to bump and cause injury to the eye. Always put on your seat belt and do not allow children to sit in the front of a car.
- Many modern toys, which are very attractive have got sharp edges because of their fancy design. Abstain children from playing with these kinds of toys.
- Laser pointers, a common fun gadget for children is very harmful and causes permanent damage to the retina. Stay away from laser pointers.
- Wear eye gear to protect your eyes during sports activities. Also wear goggles during swimming as chlorine in swimming pool water damages the eyes.
Eye injuries may happen out of nowhere. You must always remain alert to avoid eye injuries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.