Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sejal SardharaYour feedback matters!
I brushed cleanly every day. My tooth were good but the color was changed. Refer me any good toothpaste.
Hello m from rajasthan and 20 years old male. My teeth is yellow and bad because of water. I want clean and white teeth. If any solution please tell me.
My teeth is yellow, I used a lot of thoothpaste but yellow is not removed so please tell me or tell me a name of toothpaste.
No one likes going to a dentist. People fear a toothache, let alone the treatment. Because of this, a lot of people end up in the dentist's chair only when the pain is unbearable and it is too late to save the tooth. Just like we have a routine health check up for the rest of our body, our teeth too need to be looked at by a dentist at regular intervals to spot that cavity right when it starts. A regular visit can also allow a quick clean up to keep your teeth shining white.
Here's what to expect during a routine dental check up:
- They'll check your history: Before you actually get to the dentist's chair, your dentist will want to know your entire health background. This is done either by you filling out a detailed form that the receptionist gives you or a junior dentist filling a medical record sheet after asking you questions. You'll specially be asked questions about any pain or symptoms you might be experiencing in your teeth and other things like medications, diabetes, arthritis, pregnancy etc. Each of these problems can have a direct impact on your dental treatment, hence revealing them to your practitioner in advance is very important. Also, be sure to discuss any concerns or anxiety you are experiencing. Most dentists know how to put their patient at ease. All it'll take is a quick chat to put you at ease.
- You'll get a cleaning: Just like the car gets a good wash before the mechanic can have a look, your teeth will get a good scrub before your dentist can address any problem areas. Cleaning involves scraping off built up plaque and tartar that collects above and below the gum line before flossing between and around every tooth to remove any plaque or food particles that are clinging on. You may also get a final shiny finish for your pearly whites at the end of the cleaning session.
- Your teeth will be examined: Your dentist will now use a metal probe with a small angled mirror to see behind and between teeth and gums, as well as check for the softening of tooth enamel and dentin. If you have a cavity or anything deeper, this is when it will surface. Once the doctor identifies a problem, they suggest the next course of action.
- You may get an X-ray: If the doctor finds a problem that needs fixing, he may ask you to take an X-ray to find out how deep the decay is. You'll be asked to bite down on a piece of plastic while the X-ray machine is placed against your cheek. Where possible, you can check if your doctor can do a digital X-ray which emits 90% less radiation.
- Results and advice: Based on your X-ray results and overall medical condition, the doctor may recommend various procedures to remove your existing decay and prevent new ones.
After three years old, they should use a toothpaste that contains 1350ppm -1500ppm
Most importantly all parents should supervise their children's tooth brushing.
I have dangerous teeth problem. Getting too much pain. If I use too much pain killer will ne too much harm fuul for me. Or should I pick out my teeth. Plzz suggest.
Hello doctor, I have a strange problem. Had habit of taking injections like TT or vitamin B 12. Once, I got swell under lower jaw. Doctor prescribed to take monocef 1 gm injections for 1 week. After that, it got cured. Now problem is, since have a habit of taking injections. Still I'm continuing to take injections once a while like 1 or twice in a month, same monocef injection but 250 mg. So, please advice me, is that leads to any problem by taking monocef 250 mg injections once or twice in a month? Also, suggest me, are any better injections to take other than monocef, bcz it's very difficult for me to completely stop taking injections.
Many parents mistakenly assume that baby teeth aren't important because they are eventually replaced by permanent teeth. In fact, early dental decay not only threatens the underlying secondary teeth, it can cause severe toothaches.
As soon as the first tooth comes in, parents should begin practicing preventive dental hygiene. Babies should not be permitted to fall asleep while nursing or sucking a bottle; this allows milk to pool in the mouth, and the sugar[lactose] in it can cause extensive tooth decay.
Offering a little water at the end of a feeding rinses any remaining milk from the baby's mouth. The gums and emerging teeth can be wiped gently with a gauze-wrapped finger.
Sugar is the major cause of childhood tooth decay; avoid offering sugary soft drinks and sweet snacks. A chunk of cheese or a piece of fruit are better alternatives that provide important nutrients without harming the teeth.