Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sejal PatelYour feedback matters!
If you have tough ones that you are not able to get rid of, com visit us..!!
It’s a little known fact that Garlic is very effective when it comes to battling bad breath. Garlic is a natural cleanser and an antibiotic. It helps the body to push out the decaying food particles stuck to the intestinal walls while also killing the harmful bacterium present therein. Food stuck in your gut generally makes your breath smell foul. It’s your body’s way of telling you to clean your stomach.
To get rid of bad breath, simply mince 3-5 cloves of Garlic and swallow with a small glass of milk. You can also add a pinch of parsley to the mix for added effectiveness.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am troubling from teeth pain from one weak &I consult a doctor also till I have that I can't tolerate this pain what I do sir please give me a solution regarding teeth pain.
Tartar - what is it?
Although you take good oral care at home, there is still bacteria in your mouth. Bacteria mixes with food and proteins and forms a sticky substance called plaque. This forms a coat on your teeth, gets under the gum line and damages the teeth and the gums.
Whenever you eat something, the bacteria releases acids, which damage the tooth enamel and create cavities leading to infected and inflamed gums. If the plaque is removed regularly, permanent tooth decay can be prevented.
However, plaque that settles on the teeth hardens to form tartar that only a dentist or a dental hygienist can remove.
How are teeth and gums effected by tartar?
Tartar makes brushing and flossing harder which can lead to cavities and eventually tooth decay.
If tartar forms above your gums line, the bacteria present in it irritate and damage the gums and overtime lead to progressive gum diseases.
Gingivitis is the mildest form of gum disease. Visiting a dentist regularly alongside brushing and flossing daily can keep gingivitis away from you. Otherwise, the damage can worsen to such an extent that pockets form between the teeth and gums and bacteria infects the gums. This is called periodontitis.
How to control tartar build-up
The best way however is not to let tartar form on the teeth.
1) dental care
Brush twice a day for at least 3 minutes with a soft toothbrush. Ensure that you brush the rear surface and the rear molars too.
Electronic or powered toothbrushes have been proven to get rid of plaque better than the manual ones, but make sure that they are ada approved.
If you choose a tartar control toothpaste with fluoride, you can prevent plaque from hardening into tartar. Fluoride repairs the enamel damage too. Toothpastes that have triclosan also fight the bacteria in plaque.
Flossing is the only way to remove plaque from between the teeth and keep out tartar formation.
2) proper diet
The bacteria in your mouth along with starchy and sugary foods release harmful acids to damage the teeth and the gums. Remember that whenever you eat, you are feeding the bacteria too. Hence, limit the intake of sugary foods, brush and floss after every meal and drink lots of water.
3) quit smoking
People who smoke or chew tobacco products succumb to tartar build-up.
A dentist only can remove the tartar from your teeth. Accordingly, visit a dentist once in 3 months to prevent any further oral problems.
My tongue is burning past two days. I have taken Vitamin B complex tablet and becosules syrup past ten days. That TIME my tongue is normal. Now I stop syrup. Hereafter what should I do.
I am 33 year old male. I am having ulcers in my mouth from the last few days. I applied smyle gel but did not get proper relief. What else can I do to get relief for that.
I'm 19F. My teeth are getting yellow even though I brush my teeth properly. I'm feeling shy please help me through this.
My daughter is 6 yrs old undergone procedure for teeth extraction yesterday today she has back neck ache please advice us why is it so?
Hi, I am 30 years old. I used to take betel nut for 2 yr, then I got some ulceration and mouth opening problem. I went to a dentist and he suggested me to quit the habit and take Lycopene and mouth wash. I followed his advice. But now wisdom teeth is coming out with huge pain due to small space. I cannot open my mouth much and having this problem for last one yr. I tried to get Efcorlin chewable tablet but it is unavailable. Could you please tell me alternative way? I am very afraid for that Looking for your cooperation Thanks regards.
Hi I have mouth stink problem from long time day by day its its getting more I m doing f brush 2 times I have changed so many tooth brush, tooth paste mouths wash its not effected please send me good advise. I don't want go for any treatment if one time will go for doctor problems started day by day so help me its look so bad when I open my mouth in anyone.
Most of us suffer from some or the other dental problem in our lifetime. Majority of these problems are attributed to tooth decay. Tooth decay or cavities occur when bacteria living in the mouth produce a strong acid that slowly deteriorates the health of the teeth. If left untreated such decays will lead to infection, causing extreme pain and eventually tooth loss. To prevent this, dental fillings are done. Fillings are also used to repair broken or cracked teeth. Here is everything you need to know about fillings.
What is a Dental Filling?
A dental filling is one of the most commonly used methods that can restore the normal functioning and shape of the tooth, which may have been damaged due to tooth decay. These fillings close off the spaces where bacteria can set in and cause further decay. This protects the surrounding tissues too as food and bacteria accumulated in cavities can harm gums too.
Procedure of Dental Filling:
Before a filling session, the dentist will carry out proper assessment of your teeth. Dental X-rays may be used to ascertain the extent of the damage. This can be followed by a procedure with which the dentist will clean out the affected area of the tooth. After the decay has been cleaned out, the cavity will be filled with desired filling material.
Types of Dental Fillings:
There are various kinds of dental fillings. Let us find out a little bit about each kind.
- Gold Filling: These are made in a laboratory before they are cemented in place. These fillings are known to last over two decades thanks to the fact that they are tolerated exceptionally well by the gum tissue. This is also an expensive option, which will require multiple visits to the dental clinic.
- Amalgam Filling: These are also known as silver fillings and are usually an alloy containing tin, silver, and other metals, which bond well with the teeth. Many Dentists today are advising against the use of these fillings as it has been proved that mercury content in these fillings can harm the body.
- Composite Resin Filling: These kinds of fillings are matched to the colour of your teeth for a natural appearance. These are the most commonly uses fillings today as they fulfill most of the criteria we would desire from a dental filling.
- Porcelain Filling: These are known as inlays or onlays. These fillings are used in restorations where a large part of the tooth structure has been lost. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.
Bad breath is embarrassing. It inconveniences you and everyone around you. It affects your life in more ways than you might be aware of. It is crucial that you give due care to your oral health well in time to save difficult procedures and unbearable decay in time. Here are a few ways how you can do that:
1. Brushing Twice: This is the first and the most important. The reasons of odour in the mouth are mainly gum disease, tooth decay, and cavities. You should brush your teeth twice, once right after you wake up and just before you go to bed.
2. Tongue Cleaning and Flossing: It’s not just brushing, you need to clean your tongue too. This is the area where harmful bacteria are present. To avoid odour and mouth diseases, ensure that you have a tongue cleaner and that you clean your tongue every time you brush your teeth. Also remove the in-betweens of the teeth with a flossing thread. It ensures complete deposit free oral hygiene.
3. No to Mints: Avoid using mints and gums to disguise the odour in your breath. They are temporary disguises and do more harm than good. They have sugar which stays back in your mouth and spoils your oral health, drastically. If you have to choose ones which are free of sugar.
4. Drink Ample Water: If your mouth is dry, it is a bad sign. Saliva has the important enzymes which help kill bacteria. If your mouth is dry, bacteria are increasing. So, drink water. Ensure you drink at least eight glasses of water in a day.
5. Rinse After Every Meal: Always wash the insides of your mouth well, after eating anything, esp. chocolates and other sugary foods. A good swirl with water inside your mouth will get rid of the food lodged in corners.
6. Pick The Right Fruits: Certain fruits and vegetables are very good for oral health. Juicy and crunchy Vitamin C rich fruits like bell peppers, broccoli, berries and apple have a cleansing effect on your teeth.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I am 41 year old male, sometimes it has been observed that blood comes with stool its not regular only when I ate spicy or hot things like alcohol, boiled egg, etc in excess quantity and also few drops of blood that makes the toilet water pink. And also their is a ulcers in my tongue from five years. Please suggest.
Hi Sir, mere teeth me kabhi kabhi dard hota hai or khoon bhi nikalta hai. Kya kerna chahiye? Please advise.
Chewing a sugarless gum after your meal for around 20 minutes freshens your breath and also make the leftover food particles cling to it.