Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sejal DesaiYour feedback matters!
Always make it a practice to encourage your children to inform you if they face any pain or discomfort in the neck or back before it becomes a serious problem.
My last periods date was 23 mar, I have not got periods yet. Also I am getting a lumpy type small white granular discharge. Are there chances of pregnancy.
Meri age 33 yrs hai meri shadi ko 2 saal ho gaye hai par ek bar bhi mein pregnant nahi Hui. maine HSG karya to pta chala ki tubes blocked hai. please help kijiye.
My grand mom s 80.She s suffering from urin infection problem.Last from 6-8 yrs.Minor vein operation had done also.Bt it doesn't cure.So pls suggest me any home remedies for her.She has diabetics.
I'm 36 years old. I had one daughter at 5 yrs. Before my conceive I had pcod. After my first baby till now i'm not yet conceive. I had irregular periods wt's the problem now wt I can do.
Hi I am 22 years married. I have problem I am experiencing some white discharge some times like jelly type flowing from my vagina. During urinate it's more and other time little bit .It may be due to PCOS? Before 6 months, I had ultrasound and it's pcos. Now I am continuing overflow SR. Please help.
My cousin is running in the 8th month of pregnancy and her BP is 150.The doctor has adviced her to get admitted to get the baby delivered. We are in doubt and not convinced.Waiting for your opinion.
Hi I am 7 weeks pregnant. Today in ultrasound scan they found out I have some subchorionic light bleed. Is this a serious problem ? Pls advice me.
I am 28 yeArs old. I have much constipation problem. Nd obesity problem also. Am also suffered from menstrual problem. What should I do now.
She having 23 years old, 5 feet 3 inches, weight 60 and menstruation not in correct time. Last period in September 19. She doesn't period yet. What to do?
Doctor please help Me and my gf having sex on 21 november. Without any protection in 10min later I give it ipill but today is 6 decmber they do not get period her last period time was on 5 november so please hlp she get pregnant?
Hello. .am happy to say that am 6th week 4 days pregnant. .plz advice me food and exercise. And also sleeping position.
Hirsutism is a condition of unwanted hair growth in certain areas of a women's face and body, such as upper lip, beard area, chest and abdomen, that creates a "male pattern" of hair growth. It affects around 5-10% of the women and is a common presenting complaint among females for cosmetic reasons.
Hirsutism is attributed either to increased production or increased sensitivity of the hair follicles to the male hormone- testosterone. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), which causes irregular menstrual cycles, is the main cause of the same. However in some cases the reasons for the same can be unknown as all reports may seem normal. Such a type is called Idiopathic Hirsutism. It is important for women to not feel shy and embarrassed about the situation. Often resorting to excessive bleaching and razers can harm the skin and the self image of a woman. You should come forward and talk to either a Gyneacologist or an Endocrinologist. The doctors after taking the complete history would advice certain tests that would measure the amount of certain hormones in the blood. If the androgen levels are elevated, doctor may recommend an ultrasound or a CT scan to check ovaries and adrenal glands for tumors or cysts.
The main causes of Hirsutism are:
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: In 70% of the cases PCOS is the cause of Hirsutism. Women with PCOS often have hirsutism in combination with acne, balding near the front of the head, and menstrual irregularities. PCOS is also accompanied by infertility (due to menstrual irregularity), obesity, diabetes , High cholesterol and possible heart disease.
- Idiopathic Hirsutism: Idiopathic hirsutism refers to hirsutism that has no identifiable cause. It is usually a mild variation of PCOS. A gradual increased growth of coarse body hair is typically the only symptom in women with this condition. Menstrual cycles are normal in women with idiopathic hirsutism.
- Drug Induced: Certain drugs and steroids taken the past can trigger a hormonal imbalance and cause hirsutism
- Adrenal or tumour causes: These are rare and are related to tumours or abnormal functioning of the adrenal gland.
Since Hirsutism can be a combination of medical issues self medication is not recommended. There are a variety of ways through which the same can be managed or cured. The treatment options are:
- Medical Management: The doctors can recommend a combination of drugs such as oral contraceptives (contain estrogen & progestin that inhibits the male hormone), anti-androgens and insulin sensitive drugs.
- Cosmetic Hair Removal: Electrolysis and the modern day safe Laser therapy are sought after cosmetic ways for removal of unwanted hair. The procedures destroy the hair follicles and prevent the hair from growing.
- Surgical Therapy: Only in specific cases Laparoscopic ovarian drilling or removal of ovarian & adrenal tumours can help treat Hirsutism.
It is important to understand that this problem is medical and can be treated, managed and cured with expert advice & guidance. Women usually get depressed and have image issues. One should not get distressed; it may be a possibility that the reason may be just a little imbalance in your hormones. Eating healthy, weight loss and exercise are tried and tested natural ways to keep your body fit & balanced.