Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Seema RainaYour feedback matters!
My teeth are yellow why because I don't know and I don't have any bad habits like smoking or drinking or pan I takes brush twice a day what is my problem and how to get my teeth white.
I am a 22 years male. I have problem of producing excess saliva. during night I also suffer from blockage in my throat. I am having medicine for stomach problem. No smoking, no drinking. I have used pan masala rarely.
I have excess pain in my gums and red inflammation. A tooth is broken but no cavities. I do not want to go for root canal or extracting.
2nd: change ur brush every 3mnths
3rd : Brush for 3mins
Hi, I am suffering from bad breathing. Earlier I was using colgate but when bad breathing started I shifted to patanjali product 'Dantkanti' but still no progress is seen . Kindly get me out from this embarrassment.
My breath is getting very bad it stinks bad and my mouth to now. What should I do to improve my breath and oral health besides brushing?
Hi, I have severe pain in my teeth n dentist told that it's an infection, please suggest some tablet so that the pain is relieved.
I want to ask about my teeth they are yellow and I not been able to find a solution for the problem. So please suggest me the proper medicine or paste than can reduce the yellowNess of my teeth.
I am 26 year old and some of my teeth are not in same level they are forward. Is it possible to straighting of teeth at this age?
I frequently get mouth ulcers although I have constipation problems or any other stomach related problems. What is the matter and what should I do.
Hyperdontia is a peculiar and quite rare dental problem which involves the growth of excess number of teeth. It can appear during birth and last till the primary teeth fall out to be replaced by the permanent set of teeth, or appear with the rise of the permanent teeth. If a person shows a tendency to grow more than 20 temporary teeth or more than 32 permanent teeth, he or she suffers from hyperdontia.
Where do the additional teeth occur?
The additional teeth or supernumerary teeth can appear anywhere inside the mouth or dental arch, but the most common ones are called wisdom teeth and they grow as anterior molars after a certain age. Extra teeth in new born infants are called natal teeth. Occurrence of more than 4-6 supernumerary teeth is rare, although there have been known cases of more than 30 supernumerary teeth.
Why does hyperdontia occur?
1. Hyperdontia often occurs in association with a few select disorders like cleidocranial dysplasia, Ehler - Danlos syndrome, Gardner syndrome, and cleft lip and palate.
2. Although the exact cause of hyperdontia has not yet been discovered, some studies have shown that it might be a result of over activity of dental lamina during the phase of tooth development in infancy.
3. It could also possibly be due to genetic or environmental factors.
What problems does it pose and how can hyperdontia be corrected?
1. The existence of extra teeth often causes problems in speaking.
2. It may also cause deformation in the mouth region, and impediments in a lot of other functional activities like eating.
3. In rare cases, the extra tooth/teeth may be agents of tumors or cysts.
4. Therefore, treatment must be swiftly undertaken so as to remove the extra teeth and prevent rise of further teeth in the same spot.
5. Sometimes, hyperdontia also leads to overcrowding and misshapen rows of teeth; this can also be corrected with extensive procedures.