Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Seema RainaYour feedback matters!
I have like allergic reaction type in my mucosa of my mouth, it became thick in a bout two days, while using hot drinks I have alot of pain and burns. What should I do?
Hi, I am having a cavity next to the common of the lower set of my teeth. Now every time I eat something, a small article stuck inside and the next time whenever I eat anything the same pinching my gum and due to the same blood coming out. Please suggest me a medicine to get rid of this, or how can I block the cavity?
My father is 48 Years Old. And he is suffering from a problem that he is not feeling hungry and saliva is not coming as should be come and he is going very weak. And sunlight gives him embraces and lots of problem. What should I do. He did all checkup as doctor advise but did not get any issue. please if you have any advise then please let me know.
I have problem with bad smell. I want to avoid halitosis. Please suggest a way to avoid halitosis or suggest any medicine for it.
How should I avoid getting bad smell from mouth even after brushing suggest some paste and liquids to avoid this problem.
I am. Sandhya and one of my tooth was decayed I consulted dentist and she suggested me root canal becoz half of my tooth was gone due to bacterial infection. How much it costs exactly and wat is the exact treatment.
I am 25 year old and I have cavities in my teeth. And I dnt want to pull out my teeth. Please suggest me any medicine or paste to protect my teeth.
I am suffering from teeth problem. Recently I have done rct but frequently I get problem in my teeth so please suggest how can I get healthy my teeth on daily routine basis.
I often get mouth ulcers. I am dibetic but under control by tablets only. Undergone angioplasty in march 2016. Now fine.
Sir / madam I have a problem in my teeth that I have implant in my mouth but mouth did not work well. What I have to take in eating and drinking. pls help.
My son Evan is 3 and 8 month old. Night time he is suffering tooth pain from one month. I consulted one Doctor she told the vein death happened and infection is there the only possible way is root canal. Any other solution? We are not preferring root canal and plucking pls give a suggestion.
Proper brushing is essential for cleaning teeth and gums effectively.
Use a toothbrush with soft, nylon, round-ended bristles that will not scratch and irritate teeth or damage gums.
Place bristles along the gumline at a 45-degree angle. Bristles should contact both the tooth surface and the gumline.
Gently brush the outer tooth surfaces of 2-3 teeth using a vibrating back & forth rolling motion. A rolling motion is when the brush makes contact with the gumline and is moved downward toward the chewing surface. Move brush to the next group of two to three teeth and repeat.
Maintain a 45-degree angle with bristles contacting the tooth surface and gumline. Gently brush using back, forth, and rolling motion along all of the inner tooth surfaces.
Tilt brush vertically behind the front teeth. Make several up & down strokes using the front half of the brush.
Place the brush against the biting surface of the teeth & use a gentle back & forth scrubbing motion.
Brush the tongue from back to front to remove odor-producing bacteria.
Remember to replace your toothbrush every three to four months. Researchers have established that thousands of microbes grow on toothbrush bristles and handles. Most are harmless, but others can cause cold and flu viruses, the herpes virus that causes cold sores, and bacteria that can cause periodontal infections.
Hi. I had a taste of saliva in my mouth in the morning and I went to spit it out than there was blood in it. Fourth time it happened in last one week. I am scared because I don't know what it is?
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.