Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Savitha PawarYour feedback matters!
Sir my wife has sugar of 260 is there any chance that our baby get diabetes during pregnancy. Now she is not pregnant.
I have 2 kids. Now I don't want any new kid. What precautions my wife has to take to avoid pregnancy. Already 2 times she got abortion.
To begin with, what is binge eating? Binge eating is a tenacious temptation in your brain that rears its head every time you are bored or overwhelmed. This temptation literally overpowers all other thought processes to make you reach out for food that you know you do not need. And then, guilt, disgust, frustration and heavy dieting starts! Sounds familiar? Well, you may just be a victim of binge eating. So what can you do about it? Plenty! Here's our list.
- Emotional Hunger: Learn how to listen to your body. This is a way of bringing your mind and body in alignment by being aware and mindful. As soon as you feel a hunger pang, stop and think: is it emotional hunger or is it actually your snack or meal time? Once you learn to distinguish between the two, it is a matter of making a habit out of distracting yourself from emotional hunger by taking up a hobby or a pleasant activity that will also make your brain work in a different direction.
- Focus on your Food: Usually, binge eating happens around unhealthy food that will give your taste buds a temporary kick. This kind of food is generally fatty, fried or sweet. So next time, focus on what you are eating. If you are eating a healthy, regular meal, then focus on the fact that you are doing something positive. This greatly defeats the cause of binge eating as you will chase the positive feeling rather than looking for temporary gratification which leads to more permanent guilt later.
- Regular Meals: Eating your meals regularly at fixed times also dulls the temptation to binge. Regular meal times also set your biological clock and hunger ticking at the right times. If you avoid eating at meal times, then your mental hunger can get mixed up with a need for instant energy that your body requires due to a missed meal. This will make you reach out for unhealthy food in unhealthy portions.
- Maintain a Food Diary: Keeping a food diary of everything you ate during the week and then going through it later will give you a lot of perspective on what you are doing wrong and how you can avoid the same.
Distancing yourself from wrong food and portions, and digging deeper into the emotions that trigger chronic binge eating may be answer you are looking for!
Related Tip: Oats - Why you should eat them?
Doctor I had unprotected sex with my gf. I didn't ejaculate inside. But I'm scared weather I have done. What should I do? We don't want pregnancy.
Gm sir on 15 th may my sis got baby n 17 may she died suddenly I thing while feeding milk she slept n not got up now my sister in big trauma n I just want to know now she is getting breast pain due to not feeding what medicine or treatment she can do.
Are you a fast-eater? as a child most of us are told to slow down, chew the food well and only then gulp it down. Most of us have been told time and again to slow down and chew while eating. Yet, some people continue with the habit of eating fast. This might change if they knew what their speed of eating can do to their body.
Evils of eating food very fast -
1. Slows digestion - eating and swallowing fast means that the food has not been chewed properly. This delays and complicates the process of digestion. For proper digestion, the food needs to be broken down. Also, when we do not chew properly, the food that goes down the throat, is accompanied by lesser saliva, the enzymes of which are needed for the digestion to begin.
2. Can make you bloated - while eating in a hurry, chances are also there that we swallow air along without food. This makes are bloated and also gives us stomach gas.
3. Makes you eat more - to feel full, the brain and the stomach need to be at the same page to emit the signal of fullness. However, if you don't chew and just swallow, the brain-stomach coordination will break and you will end up eating more than what you need to.
4. Leads to weight gain - overeating will lead to problems like weight gain, indigestion, etc.
5. May choke you - more than thirty different muscles are required to swallow and if eating in a hurry, you increase the chance of food going down the wrong pipe, which can choke you.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Mujhe period problem hai. Period mujhe time per nahi aate ab mujhe last 3 month se period nahi aaye hai so what I can do please tell.
Hi sir / Madam I have one girl friend So we are doing sex sometimes. Actually problem is my GF's Virginia dirty smell that time. So what can do.
What causes viral diseases to spread?
Caused by the microorganisms called viruses, infections pertaining to these microorganisms are known as viral diseases. These diseases are different and diverse in nature as they are caused by a number of viruses. Among them, the common cold is the most known viral disease and occurs due to the infection of your upper respiratory tract, namely the nose and throat.
Other widespread viral infections are:
- HIV (human immunodeficiency virus)
- HPV (human papillomavirus)
- shingles or herpes zoster (a viral infection that leads to the development of rash)
- viral pneumonia (a condition that occurs due to viruses that are responsible for flu and colds)
- viral hepatitis (inflammation of the liver that is caused by a virus)
- viral meningitis (viral infection wherein inflammation of the membranes that cover the brain occurs)
- rubella, mumps and measles
How do they spread?
These diseases are infectious and can easily spread from one person to another. When the microorganism enters your body, it begins to reproduce.
The many different ways that they can spread include:
- breathing in the germs present in airborne droplets when an infected person sneezes or coughs
- coming in contact with the body fluids of an infected person during sexual activity
- indirect contact with these microorganisms when you touched inanimate objects handled by an infected person
- viral infections can also spread through insect bites. Certain germs depend on insects as carriers such as ticks and mosquitoes for moving from host to host
- having virus-contaminated water or food is another way in which viral infection can spread from person to person. Such a mode of transfer enables the virus to spread among a large number of people
Recently I make to know. sometime I used to get panic attacks.. I wanted to know what diet should I add to my food.please help.
Hi my age 22. I have pcod and thyroid. I am under medication of mi-ova plus. And 75 mcg for thyroid. I doing regular yoga for 1: 30 hour and walking for 45 mins. I am 79 kg. Height 5.5. I am in my diet. Doctor suggested me to take high protein diet. So that I am taking sprouts in the morning and having lunch three roti with high protein curry like soya rajma pulses. And drinking 3 to 4 liters of water and dinner two roti. I want to conceive now so I have to reduce weight. Can this useful to reduce weight. Pls suggest me.
Mam jab bhi mujhe period hote hain toh mujhe period ke 1 or 2 din bhut pain hota hai or mere husband roj sambhog karte hain pirod se bhi pehle or baad me period k baad bhi, par main pregnant nhi ho pa rhi hu or meri umar 22 sal hai. Kya ap bta sakte hain please mujhe mera ans dijiyega.
I have a small fat balls at waist. What i have to do to burn it.Please advise me. I'm waiting for ur valuable words Sir.
Dr. Sharmila majumdarsexologist
Men are known to be alexthymics where they prefer bottling up their feelings and not seeking family or social help.
Sex differences in mortality and admissions to hospital emergency departments have been well documented. These studies confirm that males are more at risk than females. Males are more likely to be admitted to an emergency department after accidental injuries, more likely to be admitted with a sporting injury, and more likely to be in a road traffic collision with a higher mortality rate.
Some of these differences may be attributable to cultural and socioeconomic factors: males may be more likely to engage in contact and high risk sports, and males may be more likely to be employed in higher risk occupations. However, sex differences in risk seeking behaviour have been reported from an early age, raising questions about the extent to which these behaviours can be attributed purely to social and cultural differences. However, there is a class of risk the idiotic risk that is qualitatively different from those associated with, say, contact sports or adventure pursuits such as parachuting. Idiotic risks are defined as senseless risks, where the apparent payoff is negligible or non-existent, and the outcome is often extremely negative and often final.
Men and help seeking behaviors - there is a growing body of research to suggest that men are less likely than women to seek help from health professionals for problems as diverse as depression, substance abuse, physical disabilities and stressful life events. The investigation of men's health-related help seeking behaviour has great potential for improving both men and women's lives and reducing national health costs through the development of responsive and effective interventions.
Studies comparing men and women are inadequate in explaining the processes involved in men's help seeking behaviour. However, the growing body of gender-specific studies highlights a trend of delayed help seeking when they become ill. A prominent theme among middle class men implicates traditional masculine behaviour as an explanation for delays in seeking help among men who experience illness. The reasons and processes behind this issue, however, have received limited attention. Conclusions. Principally, the role of masculine beliefs and the similarities and differences between men of differing background requires further attention, particularly given the health inequalities that exist between men of differing socio-economic status and ethnicity.
Gender differences in social behavior what are the causes of sex differences and similarities in behavior? some causes can be traced to human evolutionary history, especially the ways that the division of labor is influenced by biology and environments. A human universal--in all known societies--is a division of tasks so that men do some things in society and women do others. The specific activities in a society depend on what tasks can be performed most efficiently by each sex, given men's greater size, strength, and speed and women's bearing and nursing children. The division of labor structures psychological sex differences and similarities. By observing the activities of women and men in their society, people form gender role beliefs. For example, given that women perform more childcare than men in most industrialized societies, women are believed to be especially nurturant and caring. Given that men are more likely than women to hold higher status jobs in industrialized societies, men are believed to be especially dominant and assertive. Gender roles then influence behavior through social and biological processes. In social interaction, people respond more favorably to others who conform to gender role. Women and men also might incorporate gender roles into their own personal identities
Additionally, hormonal processes support role performance (e. G, testosterone increases in women and men before athletic competitions; through the research below, we have shown how social roles account for sex differences in group emotional experience and group performance recent research, we explain how women's roles influence menstrual cycles in society along with women's mate preferences. Further more the hormone estrogen protects the women's heart and adds longevity to their lives.