Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
I'm 20 years old. I'm diagnosed with PCOS since the past two years. For the first one and a half year, I was prescribed medicines. After that, for the next 6 months, my period occurred regularly, without medication. Last month, my period got delayed by 5 days and this month by 15 days. The doctor prescribed me medicines to make my period happen. Usually pain doesn't occur during my period but since the past few months, pain occurs and it's very painful. Will by PCOS get cured? Will I get pregnant in future or will the PCOS will be a problem? Is sexual intercourse harmful for PCOS? What kind of diet should I follow for PCOS? Is there any particular food stuff that I should avoid? Is cycling good for PCOS?
I am in very much tension that I have done unprotected sex with my wife and sperm goes inside her vagina but yes after 2 hours of sex I give an ipill to her. So she is secure or not please tell me.
Hiii I'm 12 weeks and 1 day pregnant, from the starting of pregnancy my weight is 45 it is not increasing y? In 7 weeks 2 days I hv undergone with ultrasound my foetal heart is 150bpm, crl 1.17 cm, cx length 3.9 cms.and in 11 weeks 4 days I hv again undergone with ultrasound crl is 48. 4 mm,foetal heart is 180 bpm, cx length is 50 mm. But still my weight is 45 kgs wat might be the prblm and is my baby is in correct weight? Plzz ans mee.
Some probiotics available in Indian market are Nutifit / Yakult
I was suffering from yeast infection before then start pain in vagina during intercourse and now it's 1 year that I'm having this problem. Tried medication for yeast infection but still have little bit problem like itching in vaginal area. Please give me some solution.
Hi Im 25 years old female. Facing with period missing problem almost 3 months over negative pregnancy test. Consulted with doctor gave some 6 tables for period but after using it week finished no periods occurs pls help me out. Im in so nerves tension what to do will it effect my future pregnancy I can't be present.
Cutaneous vascular lesions are the most common birthmarks found in children. Flat vascular lesions have a tendency to persist, but raised vascular lesions, called hemangiomas may involute gradually. They are the result of several or huge vessels that are formed underneath the skin and can lead to complications like pain, bleeding, cosmesis or disfigurement. It is necessary to seek treatment for both medical and cosmetic reasons.
Cutaneous vascular malformations are best treated by laser surgery and it is effective sometimes for cosmetic reasons. Hemangiomas may need surgery for residual lesions after involution of the lesion. Use of laser surgery, successfully can help in eliminating certain targets (chromophores) within your skin by putting into use the beam of requisite wavelength, energy setting and pulse duration. Initially these caused serious side-effects like scarring of the skin or permanent dyspigmentation but after the development of photothermolysis technique, the side effects were less seen.
Things to keep in mind before lesion treatment:
The main forms of treatment include laser therapy. Surgery is less used at present as it poses the risk for hemorrhage. The patient should be aware of a few things before going through the treatment procedures.
- Cutaneous vascular malformations are best treated by laser surgery can be effective sometimes for cosmetic reasons hemangiomas may need surgery for residual lesions after involution of the lesion.
- Laser therapy can treat vascular lesions, such as telangiectasias or spider veins, port wine stain, birthmarks and strawberry hemangiomas. The laser is safer and more effective because it proves to be useful in treating the blood vessels of a lesion without affecting the surrounding tissues.
- The patient may experience temporary discoloration of the skin surrounding the treatment site. This blue green discoloration is known as purpura and it usually fades within a week.
- The laser therapy is more effective in case of people who have a lighter skin color. In case of heavily tanned or deeply pigmented skin, the laser light may not be able to reach the surface of the lesion.
- A topical antibiotic in the form of an ointment or cream may be required by some patients after the treatment.
My gf and I had sex on her fertility period (just 3 days before her ovulation). We used protection but still after 12 hrs she ate i-pill because we were scared for something wrong would happen. And now her period is 2 days late. Is it because of the i-pill?
Now I am seven week pregnant. And from last 2 to 3 days. I have urine infection. Can you suggest what'll I do.
Nipple discharge is a common part of breast functioning, which normally occurs during breast-feeding or pregnancy. It is often associated with the changes of menstrual hormone. The milky discharge post breast-feeding usually continues for up to two years after stopping nursing. The condition normally gets resolved on its own but if the situation persists for a long time resort to medical assistance.
The following are some of the causes of normal nipple discharge:
- Stimulation: Normal nipple discharge can arise due to stimulation; chafing of your breast skin due to tight bras or vigorous exercises.
- Pregnancy: Most women tend to witness clear nipple discharge in the early stages of their pregnancy. Towards the later stages, this discharge usually turns watery and becomes milky in color
- Stopped Breast-feeding: In some cases, nipple discharge continues for some time after the mother has stopped breast-feeding her newborn
- Hormonal Imbalance: Some women notice tenderness in breasts and nipple discharge during their menstrual cycle
What is an abnormal nipple discharge: An abnormal nipple discharge is usually bloody in color and is accompanied with tenderness of the breast. Papilloma is a non-cancerous tumor that is often responsible for bloody nipple discharge. Continuous nipple discharge from one of the breasts or nipple discharge that arises without any stimulation or external irritation is abnormal in nature.
The possible causes of abnormal nipple discharge include:
- Abscess: It is an assortment of pus that get accumulated within the tissues of your body. It is usually accompanied by redness, pain and swelling. Boils and carbuncles are types of abscess. Formation of abscess in breasts may result in nipple discharge.
- Breast cancer: Breast cancer often results in bloody nipple discharge and is often found with a presence of lump in one of the breasts.
- Mastitis: It is a breast infection that affects the tissues of the breast and is usually prominent during breastfeeding. Fatigue, fever and body aches are common in this situation.
- Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS): Normally characterized by the growth of cancerous cells in the milk ducts of your breasts, it is generally identified through mammography screening.
- Fibroadenoma: In this situation most young women witness an appearance of solid, tumor like structure
- Galactorrhea: Galactorrhea is nipple discharge of milk when not pregnant or breastfeeding. The discharge can vary in color and can be expressed from either or both breasts.
What Causes Galactorrhea: Galactorrhea is commonly caused by hyperprolactinemia, especially when it is associated with amenorrhea. Hyperprolactinemia is most often induced by medication or associated with pituitary adenomas or other sellar or suprasellar lesions.
The release of prolactin from the pituitary is held in check by dopamine from the hypothalamus. Prolactin release is encouraged by serotonin and thyrotropin-releasing hormone. This balance can be disrupted by medication (ie. antipsychotics), underactive thyroid function, pituitary tumors, hypothalamic tumors, damage to the pituitary stalk, nipple stimulation, chest trauma, herpes zoster, and emotional stress as well as a variety of other factors.
Greetings! 1. My wife gave birth to twin boys 2 month before, still she suffering with pelvic area pain. What to do? 2. Is there any side effect if she uses breast pump? 3. When it is better to start sexual relationship?
Can I take i-pill on the second day of unprotected sex? It says if I vomit within 3 hrs I need to take one more immediately why is it? And if I take ot along with food n still I vomit should I take one more how early should I take the other one?
Sir, I am having pcod irregular periods and Dr. Prescribed meprate tablet 10 mg for five days. Not getting periods after 9 days.
I have been suffering from irregular periods. Its about 3 months even aftr taking medication. Is there any solution to this and what's the reason behind it?
Decline in muscle strength and flexibility, slower balance reflexes and some vision problems are some of the prevalent causes of falling down amongst elders.