Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. SavarkarYour feedback matters!
I have lots of pain in outside of my body. Leg pain is very cruel. I am a footballer I want to play every time. Please tell me a solution for this pain. Please help me doctors.
I am 19 year old female. I am suffering from dryness and iching in my private area for long time. But I can't consult with doctor or any other person for my shyness. What should I do?
I don't have sleep from last 4days. And know I am suffering from fever and headache. Can you help me please?
I am retd Army officer and has been very active but it is this viral which have made almost immobile, esp my joints of ankle and feet r badly swollen ,so much so that I find it difficult to move around ,however as suggested I am applying ice pack which gives temp relief, I have taken ibrufane as a pain killer, pl suggest some med to put off swelling ,thanks.
I am a 32 years old guy. Sir I do not have sleep without sleeping peels but tried many times to sleep without taking any sleeping peels but I failed, once I tried for nearly 15 days but I do not have sleeped for 15 days and I failed very angry and tried everyday mainly in the morning then I again started taking sleeping peels. I have continued this habit for 8 years. Sir please suggest any permanent remedy for this disease. Thanking you.
My dad expired last year in a road accident. It was impossible to bear with the loss but I am controlling myself. But my mother is in a very bad state. She is depressed and has got bp problems. Sometimes its 200. Please help.
In healthy individuals, the liver contains little or no fat. In overweight or obese people, gradual fat accumulation leads to significant liver disease. Interestingly, these individuals may be consuming minimal to no alcohol. So, alcohol, which is the main cause for liver damage, does not have a significant role to play.
The non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) has 4 significant stages as outlined below. It is a chronically progressive disease and may take years to reach the final stages of cirrhosis and fibrosis.
1. Simple fatty liver (steatosis): This is usually identified when diagnostic tests are done for some other suspected conditions. There are usually no symptoms obvious in this stage, other than the buildup of fat in the liver.
2. Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH): The second stage where the liver is inflamed to a greater extent due to fat accumulation.
3. Fibrosis: The next degree of inflammation where blood vessels may be narrowed leading to scarring in the liver with impaired liver functions.
4. Cirrhosis: This is the most severe stage that occurs due to years of cumulative inflammation. The liver shrinks in size, is scarred, and liver functions are markedly impaired and can also result in liver cancer.
Risk factors for NAFLD: The exact reason why a person develops NAFLD is not established, but some of the risk factors include
1. Obesity, with more weight concentrated around the abdomen
2. Type 2 diabetes
4. High cholesterol levels
5. Age greater than 50
Symptoms: This will depend on the stage in which it is identified. While there are no symptoms in the early stages, in some people there could be a dull, aching below the ribs, unexplained weight loss, weakness, and extreme tiredness. As it progresses to cirrhosis, there could be jaundice, fluid accumulation in the abdomen and feet, and itching of the skin.
Management: While there is no treatment aimed at curing the disease per se, there are ways to manage the symptoms, as noted below.
1. Weight loss: Reducing excess accumulated fat will help reverse symptoms and prevent further progression of the disease. A BMI of 18 to 26 is considered optimal.
2. Dietary changes: Modify your diet to a carbohydrates and protein rich and reduced fats and sugars. Increasing fiber through fruits and vegetables is highly recommended.
3. Exercise: Whatever your choice of workout, it will do wonders for NAFLD. Keep a target of an hour or two of moderate to intense exercise per day to reduce weight.
4. Smoking: This is another risk factor and can also help prevent other effects of NAFLD such as diabetes and heart disease.
NAFLD is highly controllable with these changes and other damages can be reversed too.
I want to know about oral sex is it healthy me and my wife enjoy this play from last 5 years . But from last few days my wife drinks my sperms when I ejaculate . It is healthy for her or we should stop this .
Yesterday I have uneasy but in morning a little headache and vomiting sensation now I am on the bed.
I am having problem of mucus in throat from a long time. Had medicines before but it doesn't go its been 2 years m suffering from it. Some white solids also come out during morning. Whenever I have anything such as cold drinks or even tomato it increases a lot and I get a cough attack plus pain in throat please help.
I am 45 years old working in a govt dept. Iam suffering with constipation for more than 5 years. What should I do.
I am 33 years old I am suffering from epilepsy since 2 year taking tegrital cr 300, 400 morning and night during this period I gain weight 12 kg continuously watch my diet portion and exercise but fail to loss extra pounds please help me guide me what type diet and medicine should take to reduce fat from my lower body.
You can break your penis
There is no "penis bone" but you can break your penis. It's called penile fracture. When it happens, there's an audible pop or snap. Then the penis turns black and blue and there's terrible pain. Penile fracture is rare, and it typically happens to younger men because their erections tend to be quite rigid.
Here's how to avoid penile fracture: don't use your penis too roughly. A common way that penile fracture happens is when a man is thrusting too hard and fast during sex, and slams into his partner's pubic bone. Also, a woman who moves wildly while on top of a man during sex can break a man's penis.
Peyronie's syndrome is a related condition that tends to show up more in older men. An older man's erection may not be as rigid, but still is hard enough for sex. Over time, if the penis bends too much a certain way during sex, small tears in the tissue can form scars, and the accumulated scar tissue gives the penis an abnormally curved shape.