Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am 23 year old lady now I am 3 months pregnant thyroid 5.6 mu/i is found in blood test is there any problem to continue pregnancy.
I have advised by doctor to take T4 thyroid test for my wife and got the result is 13.8. She is pregnant now and completed 7 weeks. I would like to know whether this is normal or high. If it's high what would be the best remedy for this? Kindly assist me.
Curd and buttermilk are both milk based products, have the same composition, and more or less the same nutrients, yet there remains a persistent question as to which out of the two is better?
Does adding water to the contents of the curd, to turn it into buttermilk, really affect the properties of curd?
The answer is yes.
Read on to find out, how.
The basic difference between curd and buttermilk is the process of dilution by the addition of water. The more water you put in curd, the less concentrated the buttermilk becomes. According to Ayurveda, the churning (Manthana) of the curd into buttermilk, gives it additional properties. Churning induces the proteins in the buttermilk to be easily digested due to their degraded structure.
Here are a few pointers that could help you choose which out of the two suits your needs more:
- Calorie content - If you are looking to reduce your weight and prefer a controlled diet, you should opt for buttermilk. 100 grams of buttermilk contains 40 calories, whereas 100 grams of curd contains close to 98 calories. So, for undernourished children or people looking forward to gain weight, curd should be opted because it is nutrient dense.
- Nutrient content - Buttermilk is rich in calcium, vitamin B12, zinc, iboflavin and proteins. It helps in keeping your bones healthy, lowering the level of bad cholesterol, preventing cancer, battling stress and anemia due to the presence of these nutrients. On the other hand, curd contains calcium, phosphorus, vitamins B12, B5, B2, potassium, proteins, and molybdenum. These nutrients prove to be beneficial in preventing chances of hypertension and heart diseases, promoting teeth and bone health and reducing stress and anxiety.
- Fluid content - Buttermilk has significant fluid content, so it can be consumed in extremely hot weather conditions to curb dehydration and as a replacement to other fluids. On the contrary, curd has limited fluid content, which makes it suitable for consumption by people who have been instructed to adhere to a fluid restricted diet, but require an intake of good quality proteins.
- Probiotics content - Both curd and buttermilk are rich in probiotics or good bacteria, which help in strengthening your immune system and increase longevity.
Remember make either of the two a part of your regular diet!
I am 31 and 7 month pregnant. My usg report read plecenta grade ii maturity placed posteriolyin fund us body liquor less. Afi 9.2 cm. Approx foetal wt. 1480. Please advice. Is the wt. Ok how much water intake should be done. Is every thing ok?
I am 40 year old & my wife is 35 year old. She is not interesting in doing sex. She is rarely agree, once in a month or two. what can be done.?
Mam. My friend is having irregular menses. She is married but not sure that she is pregnant or not. According to her they did not go all the way but had done only foreplay so are there chances she is pregnant. How can she confirm that. Her last period was after a delay of one month. But she had family function so taken some medicine to delay it 10 more days. And she us anaemic too. Can you please tell what she should do. Last date was 25 jan than after delay it was 5 feb.
I have an excruciating pain on the first day of my periods. However the pain subsides in the next few days. Can you suggest any medicine for this?
Respected sir, mai puchna chahta hu ki kya period start hone k thk 3 din pahle bina precaution sex krne k bad lgatar agr period 3 months tk apne time s aye or 4 mahine agr miss ho jaye to kya pregnant hone ka khtra h( in 4 mahino m sex nhi kiya gya) please help. Thank you.
I am 41 continuously having periods from last 10 days never had a problem very healthy otherwise ..please suggest thankyou
For a long time cholesterol in totality was seen as a bad thing for your body although the truth was a little more complicated than that. Cholesterol primarily is divided into two types, one of which can be categorized as bad cholesterol and the other as good cholesterol. Let's have an in-depth look at both the categories.
LDL or Low Density Lipoprotein aka bad cholesterol: Cholesterol is a wax like chemical which is found all over the body and it has important functions to perform. Cholesterol is carried all over the body by Lipoproteins. The low density lipoproteins are denoted as bad cholesterol as they can accumulate on the walls of the blood vessels and cause blockages resulting in many ailments. LDL levels of 190 and above are considered dangerous.
Some of the risks associated with it are:
- Heart disease
- peripheral artery disease among many others
HDL or High Density Lipoprotein aka good cholesterol: This is a form of cholesterol which is usually desired in higher quantities as it removes LDL from the system by dislodging it from the arteries and then carrying it through the bloodstream into the liver. The liver then breaks it down and removes it from the body. Thus, higher number of HDL cholesterol is always desirable. Some of the ideal numbers for HDL cholesterol within the body are:
For Women - Ideal: 60 mg/dl, dangerous: 50 mg/dl or lower
For Men - Ideal: 60 mg/dl, dangerous: 50 mg/dl lower
The role of triglycerides:
Good and bad cholesterol levels also depend on the levels of triglycerides within the body and not just LDL or HDL cholesterol. Triglycerides are another type of fat which are used to store energy within the body, but can also affect your health. It is most associated with atherosclerosis when the levels of triglycerides are high within the body.
Some habits that contribute to high levels of it are:
- Lack of physical activity
- Obesity or being overweight
- Excesses in alcohol consumption
- Bad diet and others
Thus the good cholesterol vs bad cholesterol war also includes other factors, most of which can be easily changed by making subtle changes in lifestyle and incorporating healthier habits. This will increase the good cholesterol and the other relevant elements and reduce the bad.