Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SavaneYour feedback matters!
Depression is definitely something to do with the mind. However, it is important to realize that the brain does not work independently on its own. It still requires the energy that is supplied from the food that is consumed. It is also well known that most reactions in the brain are chemical reactions, be it happiness or sadness. The food that is consumed definitely has chemicals identified which can make the brain act in different ways. So, if the brain is feeling depressed, there are definitely some foods which can change that.
If you are someone who is feeling the blues and do not want to take a pill, try these happy foods which can definitely produce a change.
- Tomatoes: Bright red tomatoes look so good, they make you feel happy. However, they also contain lycopene, which is a phytonutrient that fights inflammation. Stress leads to constant inflammation in the body, and lycopene fights that. The smaller the tomato, the more benefit you have. The maximum benefit is from the skin, and so smaller ones are more useful with their better skin-to-fruit ratio.
- Bananas: Serotonin is one of the happy chemicals (neurotransmitter) that enhances mood. Bananas contain tryptophan which gets converted to serotonin in the body. No wonder that eating a banana makes one feel happy and carefree. If you have not observed, do so next time you eat a banana!
- Nuts: Some nuts can make you go nuts with laughter as they are rich in protein, a perfect snack, and refrain you from snacking on fried foods. What is lesser known is that they contain Omega-3 fatty acids which are proven to beat depression clinically. Vitamin E in them helps fight stress and inflammation, making it more beneficial.
- Oregno: This herb is full of health benefits. It contains caffeic acid and quercitin and rosmarinic acid, which are all proven to fight anxiety, fatigue, and sadness. What makes it more attractive is that is easy to grow, even in a pot on the kitchen window. Add it to your veggies and see your mood brighten up!!
- Chocolates: While biting into a chocolate leaves you grinning, there is a scientific reason for it. The bitter ones, especially, cause release of serotonin and anadamine, which make you feel happy and light. The darker the chocolate, more the happiness.
- Sweet potatoes: They are laden with carbohydrate and tryptophan, which as noted earlier helps fight depression. It also contains vitamin B6, a proven natural anti-depressant. Their rich content of magnesium and potassium also reduces stress.
Before reaching out for a pill to beat the blue, try these colorful food substances and see yourself feeling better and happy! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
We are newly married couple. We don't want baby now. Which is safe period for us? Suggest some good protection measures also.
I have 140 range of glucose challenge test and I am 7 month pregnancy but last time it's 82 it is normal or not.
I am 36 years old female & 6 months pregnant now. I get burning sensation if I eat anything after 6 pm. Also I am not even able to drink water in night, immediately I vomit.
What are the safe periods for intercourse with respect to period of a lady? How many days after of before one should keep relation with his partner to avoid the chance of pregnancy without protection? Thanks.
I am taking lubigest , folgel plus and asa for conceiving. Can I take homeopathy medicine for loose motion. BIO COMBINATION 8 DIARRHOEA.
I am having sex with my wife from last 1 year n my wife is polyistic ovary n for that she has taken a treatment now done with all tests her egg is developing still she is not able to conceive.Please tell.
Doctor I had sex with my boyfriend in July and we didn't use condom and I attempted 2 periods do I wil become pregnant and do my boyfriend and me get infected or not what happens after doing sex my DNA change please say me in detail doctor it's my request.
After how many days we can confirm pregnancy,& will no pregnancy is confirmed at starting week by urine test.
My wife was 9 weeks pregnant now she miscarried. She's bleeding from yesterday last night it was heavy but today it's negligible. She's feeling immense pain so with the doctor's advice a pain killer is given to her she got a kind of relief from pain for few hours. Should I wait for natural process or go for d&c. Even if d&c is necessary I want to wait till today so that I can do a u/s of her and see if there's any residual of the fetus or not. Will this be safe to wait that long or not?
I am in a real fix. I had unprotected sex last month during my ovulation period in a calculated way and I was expecting to get pregnant. I have noticed changes in my breast in last few days. My breasts and nipples have enlarged and my nipples were hurting badly last few days. My periods was due on 8th of this month. However, yesterday suddenly I had spotting from today I am having heavy flow, could you please help me understand if this is normal periods or can be implementation bleeding. Can I do a blood test to check pregnancy.
I did intercourse with my gf without protection. I know that mine was not ejaculated. But she is telling that she did not get periods now. What should we do now?
Doctor Who 1 month pregnant is just not my baby to me or tell me some tablets, which you'll get trapped in the well please help me doctor डॉक्टर में अभी प्रेग्नेंट हु 1 महीना हुआ हे मुझे बेबी नही करना आप कुछ टेबलेट या कुछ बताओ जिसे म ठीक हो जाऊ
I am six week pregnant and I have a round tiny skin come out from my anus and I have a problem of constipation too. What should I do.
I am a lady of 53 years old since 2008 i am having pain in ureter tube whenever I have meal it pains and radiates back to ribs and also after passing stool also and I have frequent uti along with irritable bowels syndrome for which i am taking represole dsr, normaxin,nexito 10 mg please suggest some medication I have tpo remindyou that I was put on stent in ureter tube which lasted oly for 20 days it was taken out due bleeding etc.
Hai my wife is 35 years old. She got laparoscopic surgery on 19 Jan 17. After that surgery she had regular date on 07 Feb 17. On 08 Feb 17 doctor gives Novelon tablet sheet for 21 days. But she used only for 02 days. After that her period occurred on again on 18 Feb 17. After that period till she didn't get any periodical date. Is she chances for pregnancy.
Hello Dr. when my partner stimulate my vagina after 15 min of sexual intercourse my body temperature increases n I feel very warm at that time my breast too get harder n my vagina ejaculate a whitish type of water after that I feel very weak day long n breast also get loosen advise me how toh maintain breast tightness n which are the best ways in which penis can be inserted fully n properly because after stimulation of vagina my partner stimulate breast then he says to stimulate his penis n his penis loosen it tightness.
I am 18 years old. I am getting blood from my sperm. After release of sperm i pass blooded urine with some blood clots. What can i do?
A Quick Guide to Geriatric Nutrition
Special nutritional needs are often required in special circumstances. Unlike adults from 20 to 60, children and elderly people have specific needs as their physical requirements are different. Just like pregnant women need tailor-made diets for their specific needs, children and elderly people also require appropriate diets without too much variation.
The requirement for geriatric or elderly nutrition
As the body ages, certain functions within are slowed down and thus, the processes are not able to completely recuperate and replenish what was lost. Certain functions are affected more than others and hence, need specific nutrients to regenerate.
Tips for Geriatric Nutrition
Let's take a look at some of the specific diet requirements as well as certain items, which should be avoided.
1. Consumption of calcium rich foods - Bones are a part of the human body that tend to suffer a lot of wear and tear and they start showing signs of weakening after 60. It is thus, important to replenish calcium in the body to help the bones get their building blocks. Some examples of calcium-rich foods are almonds and green leafy vegetables like kale. Dairy products are also good as long as the fat content within them is low.
2. Keeping the body hydrated - Although physical activity reduces with age, dehydration can still occur within senior people and thus, it is important that they remain hydrated. Simply drinking water may not be enough and juices or other water-rich foods such as watermelons should be used to supplement for hydration.
3. Lessening sodium within the body - The presence of excess sodium in the body can cause blood pressure to shoot up and result in high blood pressure, which may then further result in more ailments like strokes. It is pertinent that foods rich in sodium such a red meats be lessened or cut out of the diet altogether.
4. Lessening sugar consumption or any other foods that may exacerbate diabetes - Another factor to consider is the consumption of sugar and sugar-filled products. Not just for diabetics, but elderly people have a tendency to develop high blood sugar and hence, it is prudent to reduce sugar intake.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Dieting Vs Fad Dieting: How can you spot the FAD?