Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SavaneYour feedback matters!
My wife is in 9th month of pregnancy. Her legs is swelling. What to do in this condition, are we go for secarion or wait for the right time. The date giving is 10th of April.
I am 22 year old and have irregular periods last time I have bleeding after 6 days of periods then Dr. gave me deviry tablet bleeding stop same problem I am facing now then I take same tablet but bleeding not get stop then pharmacist gave me triqilar 21 on 1 st pill bleeding was stop but on 2 pill that is today I start bleeding why this happen and what should I do?
Hello Sir/Madam, 4 months back got a baby, had sex and penetrated sperm also, so wife gets pregnancy or what is the gap for second baby?
When I kiss my gf something white like liquid come from her vagina. It is said that when it discharged in large amount she would never become pregnant is it true or not please advise me in full details.
Hi sir I am married first night with my wife she wasn't bleeding let me me now she's virgin or not please answer me.
Whenever I get close to my bf and my bf starts to kiss me I get excited and when he kiss my belly and reach to my pelvis area I get too much excited and my white discharge start. And he does not kiss my vagina. Is it normal? I can not have the pleasure of foreplay properly. What should I do to have a healthy and perfect sex with my bf?
HIV is a systemic disease which affects all parts of the body. The oral cavity also has some tell-tale symptoms which indicate HIV / AIDS. A careful examination and detailed history of symptoms is essential. In some cases, the oral manifestations could be the area where HIV is suspected. This can help in reducing morbidity and improves prognosis. The oral lesions that occur in HIV patients can vary and differ significantly in children and adults. While there are a variety of oral lesions in HIV-infected individuals, listed below are some common infections seen in HIV patients. These are a combination of fungal, viral and bacterial infections.
- Candidiasis: Candida is an opportunistic fungus that is normally present in the oral cavity and with reduced immunity of HIV, recurrent bouts of the infection begins to show up. It can be in the form of regular thrush which is whitish and cannot be scraped off (pseudomembranous candidiasis), hyperplastic candidiasis (white patches which can be scraped off) or erythematous (reddish patches). Candida can involve any part of the oral mucosa including the pharynx and the palate.
- Herpes Simplex: This is the most common viral infection seen in patients with HIV/AIDS. There could be primary or secondary infection of herpes virus, especially inside the mouth and the vermillion border of the lips.
- Herpes zoster: This virus, when already present in the body, can be reactivated with HIV/AIDS and with oral herpes. The distinction with herpes simplex is from their distribution. These are unilateral, along the distribution of the maxillary or mandibular nerve. The lesions appear both on the facial skin and the oral mucosa. While the facial ones break open and form crusts, the mucosal ones coalesce to form larger lesions.
- Hairy Leukoplakia: This is present in about 20% of asymptomatic HIV patients. Onset of hairy leukoplakia is an indication of rapid progression of HIV with increased CD4 counts. The typical lesion is a non-movable, hairy lesion along the side of the tongue and can spread to the top and the undersurface of the tongue. There are large amounts of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) identified from biopsies of hairy leukoplakia.
- Cytomegalovirus: If the ulcers have a necrotic base with a halo surrounding it, it is CMV infection, usually seen on any oral mucosal surface.
- Periodontal disease: This is one of the bacterial infections that manifests itself in HIV patients. It can take two forms such as Linear Gingival Erythema (LGE) which can subsequently lead to Necrotizing Ulcerative Periodontitis (NUP). The oral hygiene is generally good with minimal plaque and there is rapid bone loss and soft tissue reddening and swelling. The, mouth, therefore is certainly a window to one’s health.
Diagnosing HIV with Western Blot Test-
It is a series of blood screenings are performed to test for HIV. The enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), also known as an enzyme immunoassay (EIA), is the first test that your healthcare provider will order to screen for HIV. ELISA, like the Western blot test, detects HIV antibodies in your blood. Antibodies are proteins your immune system produces in response to the presence of foreign substances, such as viruses. If you test positive for HIV on the ELISA test, your provider will order the Western blot test to confirm HIV infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am having pimples on my face , near chin , on forehead ,on cheeks , & even dandruff & itchy scalp for the past 6 years pls help what can be done , pls My menstrual cycle is normal.
I am a 27 years old married woman. We are trying to conceive. In the month of December I got my periods on 4th dec, then on 6th january and then 12th February. For the month of march till date I didn't have periods. What are the chances of conceiving. Since last 10 days I am pain in my stomach like sane of the period pain. Also for the last three days I am having nausea feeling after every meal. What the chances and what should I do.
Sir. Is there chance of getting sexually transmitted diseases after using condom. If yes ,how many days after the encounter will the symptoms start. Please reply sir.
Mouth sex karne me kya khatra hai? Aur agar mouth me sex kiya to uske baad semen mouth me aya toh infection ka khatra rahta hai kya?
MY WIFE HAVING heavy pain on monthly periods and bleeding also, pain is before two day's and in the period time after two day's heavy pain, kindly help in this regard to solve this problem.
I have a friend who is 20 year old, during her periods she used to suffer from intense stomachache. Is there any solution?
Pregnancy is one of the most exciting and anxious phase in a woman’s life. There is definitely an information overload from all sources i.e. family, friends, medical team, books, Internet, etc., that is dumped on the mother-to-be. The idea is to prepare her for the delivery. What needs to be borne in mind though is that each delivery is unique and there are no two women who have had the exact same experience.
However, it is good for the mother to know what to expect so that she is mentally prepared and not totally caught unawares when the actual scenes unfold. The following are the sequence of events that she should be aware of and watch out for:
- With the due date nearing, she should keep a watch for the water breaking. This is passing of fluid surrounding the baby and is usually colorless and odorless. However, if it is green or brown, it is an indication that something might be wrong. Immediate medical help should be sought in that case.
- Along with water breaking, contractions is the next thing to watch out for. This is due to the tightening and releasing of the uterus, indicating that the baby has begun to descend down towards the cervix. If these last for up to a minute, occur every five minutes, and persist for up to an hour, it is a clear indication that it is delivery time and you must head to the hospital.
- Two sensations very prominent during delivery are pain and pressure. The pressure is from the baby passing down the birth canal. As the cervix and the vaginal canal expand to allow passage of the baby, there would be a great deal of pain and pressure. It is not just the mother, even the baby exerts significant pressure to come out of the womb during labor.
- The process of the baby getting out of the womb is what is medically termed as labor and has three distinct stages to it:
- The first stage has two parts to it i.e. an initial, gradual phase that may last for a few hours and a later, quicker phase. The rate of progress of delivery is steady.
- The second stage usually lasts for about two hours, during which the cervix is minimally dilated and pushing begins. This stage lasts until the baby is out of the womb.
- The third and the last stage is where the placenta is extracted and the umbilical cord is cut.
Some common problems you may expect include injury or tearing of the vagina or cervix, need for episiotomy, vomiting, passing of motion, anesthetic complications, etc. However, what would remain etched in the mother’s memory would be the first sight of the baby. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 30 years old. Delivered baby boy in May 16, in mid June 16 was operated for breast abscess. I stopped feeding baby for 15 days post which when I tried to resume breastfeeding many times but he refused to take. Also I was given few doses if cabgolin for speedy recovery. Currently baby is on FM, wish to resume BF.
I have pcod in ovary. If I put injection it gets reduced the next month its getting increased is it fully curable please help me.
I am 32yrs. I am little confused. I am trying to conceive from 6 months. On Feb I went to doc and doc said to take come 50 mg I took on 3rd day and my left ovary egg was 22mm and after rapture on Feb month doc said to take the duphaston tablet for 15 days I took but usually my period cycle is 27th day when I missed my 27th day I was happy that I am pregnant but I got my period on 32nd day. And again doc said to take come 25 mg on 3rd day of my period on March 9th and I took for 5days and I went for ovulation study then this time also it said as left side ovary is 32mm very big. So doc said not to plan this April. And to plan normal way without any medication because my egg is realising normally. Then doc said to try MAY month. If I don't conceive then he will do hsg. Doc gave me novolen tablet for this April month and ovabless tablet to take. I already had one pregnant in 2014jan but due to my nerve pain and doc thought that time I was getting miscarriage so doc did abortion. Later last year I got same pain which I use to get when I was in pregnant. When I did Mri test it came as I have back Lv disc slightly moved coz of it I was getting that pain. I did a big mistake by doing abortion. Please tell me if I do hsg and everything come normal. Then one doc suggested to iui. How much it cost to do hsg and iui. I stay in goa Please tell me the price. Is hsg and iui is very painful. Please doc give me suggestion. My hus is having normal report. He is having 40mil. Active. Please help me. I will be thankful to you doc. Is there is any other way I can get pregnant. Please help me doc. I am getting old some said after 30 it is difficult to conceive. Till what age I can conceive. I feel very depressed. I request. Please tell me any other better way to conceive..
Im 44 yrs okd female n I got my periods after 2 months n now its getting with full of clots and im suffering with lot of pain snd Dr. suggested me (k stat ET) and I facing with its side effects plzzzz help me to get rid of dis problem.
Fifth disease also known as slapped cheek syndrome is a mild and common illness in children that is caused by a virus called human parvovirus b19.
The medical name for fifth disease is" erythema infectiosum (ei).
Symptoms and signs include a rash as if the face has been slapped. In north america, the disease has been referred to as slapped cheek syndrome or as" slapcheek. Parvovirus infection is a common and highly contagious childhood ailment. It was one of five common childhood illnesses characterized by a rash and therefore named" fifth disease.
The name fifth disease comes from a classification system developed in the 1890's but it is no longer used. It was the fifth in a list of the five most common rashes of childhood and acquired this name.
This infection occurs primarily in school-aged children between 5 and 14 years of age during winter and spring. In most children, parvovirus infection is mild and requires little treatment.
The virus is thought to spread via droplets in the air as respiratory secretions transmitted by coughs and sneezesor by blood from other infected people. Early during the illness, nasal secretions contain the viral dna. Blood has been found to contain viral particles as well as dna.
Cases of fifth disease can occur either sporadically or as part of community outbreaks.
Outbreaks occur mainly in elementary schools during the spring.
Half of the cases occur from spread of the virus to others in the patient's household. Transmission of the infection in schools is less common.
About 10% or fewer of young children are immune.
People with this illness are contagious before the onset of symptoms and are probably not contagious after they develop the rash.
The incubation period (the time from acquiring the infection to the development of symptoms) usually lasts between 4 and 21 days.
Homeopathic remedies for fifth disease - slapped cheek syndrome
Apis, belladona, chamomilla, calendula, sulphur, urtica urens etc.
To find out the right medicine consult a homeopath.