Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Savane
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SavaneYour feedback matters!
Common Penis Problems: Curing the Penis Rash
Men who pay close attention to good penis care are likely to notice the moment something goes wrong. Since a penis rash can develop so quickly, it isn't unusual for a man to be perfectly fine in the morning but have an itchy, unsightly rash by day's end. Fortunately, most penis rash causes are quite common and can easily be remedied. In fact, as penis problems go, the penis rash is one of the most common and one of the most curable.
There are some common culprits that contribute to most penis rash problems; once a man determines which one has cause the issue, he can easily reverse the problem.
1) Skin allergies. Men can easily develop sensitivity to certain items used in the course of sexual play. While allergies to latex are the most commonly discussed, there are other problems that can arise as well, such as allergies to lubricants, spermicides that are often found inside condoms, and even the fluids from a partner. The result can be a significant penis rash, soreness, redness and inflammation. In some cases, allergies can be severe enough to cause an anaphylactic reaction, which necessitates an emergency room visit.
2) Contact dermatitis. Another form of skin allergy, this is a much more common and mild problem. It often occurs when a man comes into contact with something new, such as a new detergent on his clothing, a new cleanser in the shower or even the use of soap rather than a special cleanser designed for sensitive skin. It might even come from the use of new underwear that has a different fiber makeup than what he's used to! Once a man discovers the culprit, he can simply stop using it and the penis rash will go away.
3) Infections. Few things can lead to worse penis itching than infections. Infections often present with a rash that is incredibly itchy, bad enough to keep a man awake at night and make him succumb to the urge to scratch in public! Yeast infections, jock itch (a fungal infection) and some sexually transmitted diseases can cause serious penis rash, itching, pain, discharge and much more. A guy who has a penis rash that won't quit and itching that makes his life miserable must visit the doctor as soon as possible to figure out the problem.
4) Dry skin. Sometimes, simple dry skin can be enough to prompt a penis rash. This is especially true if a man suffers from conditions such as eczema, impetigo and psoriasis, as each of these can create a penis rash that doesn't respond well to typical moisturizers. Fortunately, dry skin can often be combated with a proper penis health crème, and conditions that don't respond to daily application should be looked at by the doctor. He or she can prescribe a stronger crème that will help alleviate the problem.
5) Heat rash. The simplest of all penis problems concerning rashes, a heat rash is exactly what it sounds like - a rash that appears during the hottest weather. It usually appears at areas where the skin has rubbed together or where clothing has pressed against the skin, especially if a man has been sweating in that area. Heat rash usually clears up on its own; a guy should take the time to 'air out' the penis and surrounding area in order to get rid of the rash and cut down on the itching and discomfort is can cause.
As with many other penis problems, simply taking the time to allow the skin to heal a bit can help ease penis rash and itching. In addition, a guy should use a daily penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) to fight the most common issues of itching and rash. However, it's important to remember that if a penis health crème doesn't do the job, a visit to the doctor is warranted to rule out any more serious problems and get back on the right track to a healthy penis.
Hello doctor i am 21 years, and drotin ds .because I have consulted to doctor for my pain in stomach during periods and I have pimples n acne. I am getting scared of using Yasmin 21 pills. If my hormone becomes imbalance.
How do I overcome irregular menstruation problem? How do we cure Anemia and increase the percentage of hemoglobin?
Dear sir/madam I am great great tension for my mom she entered 40 years and is suffering from frequent periods in a month he has 3 to 4 times periods in a month please tell me what is wrong with her is she ok or not?
My periods had got over on 16th. However I got periods again on 29th of the same month. And usually I get for 3 days. Now its been 5 days. 29-2nd. M stil getting and flow is high. More dan usual.
I have irregular periods since 1 yrs. It delays sometimes for 1 week. Some times 2wks. Some times I have taken homeopathy medicine (puls Q). Now what should I do?
I am on Saheli, oral contraceptive pills since october and been taking it without missing any pill, I just want to know if I have sex, won't I get pregnant?
So you have just found out that you are pregnant and you and your partner are over the moon about it! While congratulations are in order, so are a host of tips, which will help you settle into the pregnancy. It is important to remember that the first trimester of your pregnancy is a crucial phase where you may not change that much physically, but will be prone to many emotional changes. It is also a phase where you will make way for the changes that will inevitably come in the next two trimesters and for a long time after delivery of the baby too. Read on to unravel our first trimester guide.
- Pregnancy Test: You must ensure that you know you are pregnant by monitoring your menstrual cycles closely so that even one missed period points at the possibility of pregnancy. This test can be a home based kit available at the chemists' or can even be conducted with a lab test based on a urine sample. Despite the results that you may get on a home pregnancy test, it is best to get a professional opinion as well.
- Finding the Right Doctor: In this phase of your pregnancy itself, it is imperative to home in on a gynaecologist who will put you ease. Take care to pick someone who may be recommended by family and friends. Have a talk with the doctor a few times to see how well he or she engages you as a patient and if you are suitably convinced with the sessions and appointments.
- Activity: While heavy activities may not be recommended by all doctors as the foetus needs to latch on, one can indulge in plenty of walks and a normal routine as well. Ensure that your pregnancy is a normal one and ask your doctor about any precautions that you may need to take with the progressing trimesters. Also, find ways to deal with any morning sickness with the help of the doctor.
- Supplements: In this crucial phase, ensure that your doctor gives you plenty of folic acid supplements that you must ingest on a regular basis. This will keep any risk of neural tube birth defects at bay.
- Other Medications: Find out more about over the counter drugs or any medication that you may have been taking as this may have to be stopped or adjusted for the pregnancy. The doctor should be able to guide you on this aspect too.
The other activities during the first trimester include taking pre natal appointments and choosing and interacting with your caregiver who will also be a support after you have had the baby.