Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Saurin PatelYour feedback matters!
I am 18 year old male. I have severe chest pain from past few days. I had it from months but it was never so severe. So I did not consult a doctor. But now I need an immediate solution for it. Please help me.
A stroke may be called a brain attack. It may happen to any person at any time. A stroke occurs when blood supply to the brain is cut off. The brain cells become oxygen deprived due to the stroke and eventually die. Dead brain cells result in brain dysfunction due to which patients lose control over muscle and memory.
Strokes can be mild to life threatening and requires immediate medical attention. Stroke requires advanced care and should be treated by extensively qualified and experienced medical experts.
Neurosurgery satisfies all the required clauses for treatment of stroke and accounts for being one of the best ways for management of stroke. Renowned hospitals have a dedicated neurosurgical wing and a team of neurological specialists who know how to deal with stroke the best.
This form of neurology focuses on patients who have undergone a stroke or have experienced symptoms of stroke. A multidisciplinary approach is taken for the prevention of recurrent cerebrovascular conditions.
Types of stroke
- Ischemic stroke: This kind of stroke occurs when there is a blockage in a blood vessel, which supplies blood to the brain. This form of stroke is the more common. The underlying cause of this stroke is known as atherosclerosis, which is a condition where fatty deposits occur in the walls of the blood vessels and cause blockage in them.
- Hemorrhagic stroke: This type of stroke occurs when a blood vessel gets weak and ruptures into the brain. This is caused by two types of weak blood vessels known as aneurysm and arteriovenous malformation.
- Transient ischemic attack: This type of stroke is also known as a mini stroke. These attacks occur because of blood clots. The blockage caused is temporary or transient in nature.
Treatment of Ischemic stroke
- Tissue Plasminogen Activator: This is one of the best ways to treat ischemic strokes. This medicine is given to the patient intravenously. It dissolves the blood clot and improves blood flow to the area of the brain which is affected. The medicine should be given within three to four hours after stroke symptoms appear.
- Endovascular procedure: This is a process by which the blood clot is removed using a catheter, which gets inserted into the area of the blocked blood vessel. It helps in restoring blood flow to that area.
Treatment of Hemorrhagic stroke
- Endovascular procedure: Several endovascular techniques and methods are used so that the weakening of blood vessels is reduced and less bleeding is caused.
- Surgical treatment: Different modes of neurosurgery may be undertaken to stop bleeding and for relieving pressure within the skull.
I am 31 years old. Last time I had checked my b.p and it was 150/100 but later after diet control its normal to 120/80, sometimes still it gets high then low. As I believed my parents are also having b.p problems I may have followed them. Genetically, but m not taking medicines and maintaining my diet, and most of times its normal. But it effecting my psychologically and am so afraid to eat any food and take lemon. Juice every now and then. And I get tensed and nervous about it. Help.
I have a problem regarding heart beat. Heart beat skips for 2/3 beats and feels some sort of suffocation at that time. What should i do? Please advise.
I am facing problem with my left chest. I do not know what happen that there is difference between my left and right chest. Always my mood is on angry situation. I consult with doctor but they said that nothing to worry it will automatically fix with time. But I have been waiting from 2 years nothing happen yet. When I go to sleep if my left chest touch with bedsheets so its hurt and pain. So I cannot sleep properly.
Overweight, High cholesterol, paining sometime on the left side of chest and joints please suggest me and Is there is any medicine to reduce my cholesterol level.
How to reduce cholesterol? Is total cholesterol 261 alarming to start taking medicines? Can the medicine be withdrawn after a good control of level?
I have a problem in my heart. My heart beats more than normal. And also I have problem in my chest. My chest feels heavy and I m not able to breathe easily.
I am taking primodil 5 mg for bp and ecosprinav75 for cholesterol now since last 15 days my bp is remaining high around 155 and 105 kindly tell me I have to change my dosage or medicines.
I am 23 years old and I am having high BP 130/100. Presently I am taking medicine to control it. What to do to make it normal. Please suggest.
I am having mild chest pain on left and right both sides since last 2 months, I guess they are because of gas or some other thing, kindly suggest if it's related to heart or not. I am a smoker, pure vegetarian.
Me a male of 35 years. Height: 181 cms Weight: 73 Kgs Pls advise what all should be in my diet to avoid diabetes, high bp, high cholesterol. I am a non vegetarian.
I am 54 years old and have undergone a bypass surgery in august, 2014. I wish to know what is the treatment available for peyronies and can it be cured with ayurveda?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
I am 27 years old male, height 5'11 and weight 81, I have pain in my back and mid chest whenever I stretch. I have acidity issue whenever I drink water burp comes. Earlier I used to had headache everyday for 1 year almost, they eased up with time. Also there is one pain in my wrist which has recently started. Kindly advise.
I am 25 year old male, my hair fall is increasing, every time while taking shower and combing hair I notice hair fall and I have high BP and my kidney disease in initial stage and taking treatment and medicine for that. May I know why hair fall starting at this young age please? And I apply coconut hair oil very rare all the time.
Use of whole oils like til tel, groundnut oil and coconut oil is the best for good health.