Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Saurav RoyYour feedback matters!
I am having pain in right knee. I have used several product but not useful. Now it is coming everyday. Please help.
I am suffering from lower back pain. That is L4and L5 disc bulge. Can you suggest me how to relief from pain.
Sometimes I feel pain in my west and at same time I feel problem in toilet. It feel very jealous in toilet. Solve my problem please.
Hello I have been experiencing upper and lower bach pain for about year now. Moreover my upper back pain goes on increasing. What should I do. Any exercises.
My mother is a 40 years old lady and she is suffering from breast and knee pains from 4 years onwards. To get rid of that pains what she has to do?
I have pain in my shoulder and visited to orthopedic. He says it is frozen shoulder and advised physiotherapy. After receiving physiotherapy, it was ok for some time and now pain has come back.
I am 64 year male and I was feeling moving pain then I got blood test RH factor was 120 ayurveda medicine Antaf daily with other medicine from which I got relief but if I do not take one day mis I got pain again please advise.
I am 34 years old male. I have a serious backache for last 1 year. In winter, it is unbearable but in summer its ok. What should I do?
I am 45 I have diabetes I have legs pain muscles pains my father is also diabetic past 8 years my legs have pains. What should i do?
My mom age is 54, now a days her body swelling spl in joint pain and face also. May I know the exact reason of swelling. Dr suggested ecg, 2d echo, ct-scan(contrast) and some blood test. But all reports are normal but still she have swelling. Please advice me.
Hello doctor, I am 22 yrs old. I had a neck and back pain when I was using a laptop. So please give a remedy for this.
I am suffering pain at elbow, wrist, fingers, solders and also on knee. I am under treatment of allopathic doctor. But still I am suffering the pain. What should I do?
My husband is 48 years old last week while coming back in the flight he had severe pain on one side of forehead which went upto head further, he felt as if his nerves are being pulled severely then after a while it reduced and cooled down. He came home had his dinner and slept next day morning he felt better. He is following his normal routine but still feeling some strain and pull of muscles on one side. Please advise what to do is it a sign of something serious?
A Herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc and it refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herniated Disc:
- An untreated case of Herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a Herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herniated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of Herniated disc or slipped disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by Herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule, which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxants, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiscectomy.