Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Saurab GoelYour feedback matters!
Beetroots are packed with nutrients and can be eaten raw, pickled or cooked. Beetroots can even be juiced. It has been used in a number of sweet and savoury recipes. When it comes to beetroots, the root as well as the leaf can be eaten. Here are a few great reasons why you should eat beetroot.
- It's good for the heart: Beetroots are rich in nitrates. This helps relax the arteries and reduces blood pressure. Being rich in fiber and antioxidants enables beetroots to prevent plaque formation in arteries. The antioxidants in beetroots also prevent bad cholesterol from being deposited on the artery walls. Thus it protects against heart attacks and strokes.
- It helps fight diseases: Beetroots are said to boost immunity and fight a number of diseases including cancer, Alzheimer's and liver disorders. Beetroot is rich in betanin that expels cancer triggering agents and prevents the development of tumours on both the skin and liver. It is also said to protect a person from breast cancer. It also helps detoxify the body.
- It helps build strong bones and teeth: Beetroots are rich in silica. This silica is a crucial component required for healthy bones and teeth. Along with silica, beetroots are also rich in magnesium, vitamin C and folate. Beetroots also help prevent osteoporosis.
- It helps control blood sugar: Beetroots are naturally sweet, but can help control blood sugar and help fight diabetes. Beetroots are also rich in soluble fibers that can help regulate blood sugar levels. Drinking beetroot juice thrice a week is the best way to use beetroots to stabilize glucose levels in the body.
- It aids in weight management: Beetroots have a very low calorific value and are rich in fiber. This makes it an effective tool in weight loss. It also helps rid the body of toxins and excess water.
- It slows the aging process: Beetroot adds a glow to your skin. It helps cleanse the blood of toxins and thus makes skin healthier. The anti oxidants in beetroot reduce free radicals and thus slow down the aging process. This pink vegetable also has anti septic and anti inflammatory properties that help heal skin.
- It makes hair healthier: Carotenoids in beetroot give hair a lustrous shine and help fight hair fall. Beetroots are also rich in protein, phosphorus and a number of other vitamin and minerals essential to healthy hair. It helps improve blood circulation in the scalp and helps remove dead skin and excessive oil from the scalp.
I am Mihir from Rajkot and suffering from low blood pressure and vomit and dierea since 3.5 years and sinus from 1 year. Waiting for local doctor for diagnose. Thank you.
I am a 40 years old male had stent in one main artery 2 years back having some medicines as prolomet xl25, unistar75x10 mg, rosuvastin 10 mg. Wants to know how long these medicines I have to take, my lipid profile is ldl 62, hdl 35, triglycerides 85, total cholesterol 112.
Mere husband ki age 33 he unako chest me kabhi kabhi pain hota he left side. Pasina bhi bahot ata he unako thandi me bhi. Doctor Ke pas checkup kiya to unahone bola ki unko gas ki problem he. Isliye esa hota he. Lekin Dr. Uanko gas ki problem hoti to kyo chest me pain hota he?
Last night I had not taken salt in my dinner due to high blood pressure. Next morning I have given my blood for sugar fasting, serum urea.
I am 40 year old male and a diabetic patient what can I do to control sugar level in addition to medication. How can I manage my blood pressure level?
He has high cholesterol and high triglyceride, so how to minimize it and what are some of the treatments.
Sir, I'm 21 male, I have been taken VIGORA GELLY from a last 2 weeks and last few days I have feel Side effects about it Like- Chest pain, High blood pressure, fast Heart beat and I can't consult it with my parents it Right now what should I take to treat the Side effects.
I have right chest pain since a week. Is this the symptom of any heart related disease or what it is?
I am 72 years old male and have gone through CABS and mitral valve repair about 3 yrs. Back I have to extract my broken wisdom tooth Pl let me know what precautions should I take. I am on following drugs atorfit10 clopidogrel and atorvastatin, amlog and seloken75. Mg please let me know what precautions should I take before and after the surgery.
Are you looking for effective and natural ways to prevent heart blockage and blood pressure management? You should consider taking Ayurvedic measures, which have been proven to be quite effective in dealing with various issues of the heart. Usually, heart blockages are difficult to deal with and a surgery has to be carried out for recovery. With Ayurvedic remedies, you can solve such issues without the concern of harmful side effects on your body.
Ayurvedic management of heart blockage
For effective prevention and management of heart blockages, you need to create a certain Ayurvedic medicine using basic ingredients.
- Mix lemon, ginger, apple vinegar and garlic together and boil on a light flame.
- After the quantity gets reduced, leave the mixture to cool.
- After this, add some honey in the solution, and store it in a bottle for use. You have to take this medicine every morning after waking up.
- Note all the ingredients are chosen for their unique and beneficial features.
- Lemon contains more than 19 qualities, and garlic and ginger are good for dealing with gastric issues. Apple cider vinegar is given great importance in Ayurveda, and honey is good for your blood. Hence, this medicine is ideal for treating heart blockages effectively.
Ayurvedic management of blood pressure
High blood pressure or Rakta Gata Vata refers to an elevation in the pressure of blood in your arteries. The increase in pressure is based upon your age, activities, diet, and medical history.
The Ayurvedic remedies for the prevention and control of blood pressure include the following:
- Avoid consuming eggs, meat, tea, coffee, pickles and table salt.
- Abstain from smoking.
- Increase your intake of food items such as lemon, garlic, parsley, grapefruit, cottage cheese, Indian gooseberry, and watermelon.
- Engage in regular exercise as it is important for lowering and preventing your chances of high blood pressure.
- Laugh a lot and keep away from anxiety and stress factors.
- Make a juice of garlic cloves, wheat grass and basil leaves. Have this regularly for reduced chances of high blood pressure.
- Mix onion juice with honey and have the mixture every day.
- Make a paste using garlic and buttermilk, and drink it regularly.
- Grind roasted watermelon seeds, add water to the powder, strain the liquid, and have it twice every day.
It is important for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before starting to take Ayurvedic measures for heart blockage or high blood pressure on your own. This will ensure that you are prescribed the best measures by a qualified and experienced doctor.
Sir, I feels very much sudden pain in my left sided chest. This pain starts occurring 2 days earlier. Today it self I feel 2 time pain in left sided chest. Can you please suggest me what should I do for this pain?
My father was experiencing some chest pain and so we decided to admit him to a hospital. His Angiography was done and it shows blockage in RCA in one nerve at two places having 70% & 80% on both of them. So does he requires to do angioplasty surgery? And if yes, are two stents required?
I am eating banana after that some minutes little pain in my heart side, so what is this? Is this serious or not??
My mother of 57 years who normally has chronic high blood pressure is finding it difficult to sleep without sleeping tablet. What can she do to sleep.
My father have high blood pressure pressure problem last 15 days. We consult with doc and doc give medicine n wrote test I.e thyroid test etc. Firstly bp is 170 after 15 days it reduce to 160. But still it is 160 their is no reduction. He walk per day 30 minutes but no change. So please tell what should I do?
Heart diseases also called as cardiovascular diseases include a wide spectrum of conditions which affect your heart. The diseases include blood vessel diseases, heart attack, rhythm problems, and angina. Heart diseases are currently the most common cause of death worldwide.
There are a large number of risk factors which predispose you to increased risk of heart diseases. Some of those risk factors cannot be modified (non-modifiable) and are not under our control while there are others that you can modify (modifiable) to prevent heart diseases.
While you cannot do much about non-modifiable risk factors (like age and family history) you can reduce your chances of heart disease by working on the modifiable risk factors. This include:
Smokers have more than twice the risk of heart attack as compared to nonsmokers. In fact, even nonsmokers who are exposed to constant smoke (such as living with a spouse who smokes) also have an increased risk.
What you can do: Quit smoking or never start smoking at all. If you find it hard to quit on your own, consult an expert who can walk you through the entire process.
2. Obesity and physical inactivity
You are at increased risk of heart disease if your body weight is more than 20% of the ideal weight or if you are fat and obese. The most common reason for this is physical inactivity or sedentary lifestyle.
What you can do: start exercising regularly. You should exercise for 30-45 minutes for at least 5 days/week. Even leisure activities like walking or gardening can lower the risk. You can also set a pedometer goal of 10, 000 steps a day.
3. Unhealthy diet
Taking a diet rich in saturated fats, salt, and refined sugars can significantly increase the risk of heart diseases.
Things you can do: Include a lot of fruits, vegetables, nuts, whole grains in your diet. Avoid taking fried food which is rich in saturated fats.
4. High blood pressure
Hypertension or high blood pressure is one of the most common heart diseases risk factor in the western countries and adequate measures should be taken to keep it under control.
What you can do: you should keep the blood pressure under control through diet, exercise, and medications.
Diabetes itself can cause significant damage to the heart and along with other risk factors, it can have a synergistic effect.
What you can do: keep your diabetes under control by making some lifestyle changes like healthy diet, exercise, taking medicines as prescribed by your doctor and going for routine blood tests and health check-ups.
6. High cholesterol
The risk of heart disease increases as the total amount of fat or lipids in your blood increases.
What you can do: have a diet low in fat and rich in fruits and vegetables. Start exercising regularly. Get a lipid profile test done regularly to know your lipid status. Consult a doctor if the levels are too high for lipid lowering drugs.
People who take are prone to getting stressed easily and who cannot manage their stress effectively are at much higher risk.
What you can do: de-stress yourself by indulging in hobbies or activities which you like. Try yoga or meditation or join a club or class for the company.
It is not necessary that if you have these risk factors, you will definitely develop cardiovascular disease. But, the more risk factors you have, the greater is the likelihood that you might develop these diseases. Therefore, it is important that you adopt a healthy lifestyle and take appropriate preventive measures.