Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Saumil ShethYour feedback matters!
My eyes no. 0.75 and they give me 0.50 goggles and my headache prblm not solve my eyes and head pain wht can I do left.
Hello sir My eyes have a weakness due to efficiency of dust particles are stored in my eyes in the morning please help me.
Sir I have very week eyes my eyes power are -8.5 diopter is there are any kind of eyes surgery Available so I can reduce my eye power and turn my weak vision to normal? If yes then how much it cost?
I have night blindness am unable to see in low light so what precautions should I take and what food I prefer.
I am a 23 years old boy. I have headache problem due to less sleep. I have eye vision problem as well. I cannot remember quickly the things what I know. I use long time for sleep but my sleep is not so much depth and some tension always acting during sleep. I awaken 2-3 times in midway sleep. What should do to make tension free, clear, depth sleep? Is there any ayurvedic solution?
I am having headache from 5-6 days I don't know the reason sometime looks like its due to my eyesight getting weaker, or due to lack of sleep, can it be dangerous?
My eyes is paining from inside including my head andiys paining since three year so what should I do.
Hi Doctor I am working as computer assistant, Avery 6 months my eye sight is increasing Past I have 0.75 far distance sight after 6 months my eysare again showing blurred even I wear my specs I have doubt will masturbation increase eye sight. I have masturbate every day, please suggest me whether it increase eye sight Thank you.
One of the most contagious infections to affect children and adults is conjunctivitis. Conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye is an inflammation of the conjunctiva. This makes the blood vessels of the eye more visible and turns the white part of the eye pinkish. This condition can be caused by a number of factors such as exposure to bacteria or viruses, allergens and irritants. Treatment for conjunctivitis depends on the cause of the condition.
The first step towards treating this disease is to correctly diagnose it. Some of the symptoms that can be noticed are:
- Redness in the white of the eye
- Itchiness and burning in the eye
- Discharge from the eye
- Crusting of the eyelids
- Increased sensitivity to light
If you notice any of these symptoms persisting for over a few days, consult a doctor immediately. There are two aspects to dealing with conjunctivitis; preventing the infection from spreading and reducing the infection. Here are a few tips to help stop the infection from spreading.
- Stop wearing contact lenses. While the infection persists, wear spectacles instead. Once your eyes have healed, dispose of the old contacts lenses and solution and get yourself a new pair.
- Wash your hands often. This is especially important if you have touched your eyes and will prevent the infection from spreading.
- Avoid sharing contact lenses, eye makeup and other forms of makeup along with makeup brushes.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes. Often conjunctivitis can affect only one eye at a time. Keeping yourself from rubbing or touching the infected eye will keep the infection from spreading to the other eye.
- Remove the discharge from around your eye every few hours with a clean cotton swab. Throw the swab away after it has been used once and wash your hands with soap and water before touching anything else.
- Avoid using swimming pools and hot tubs.
- Wash towels. Pillow cases, sheets and other things that come in regular contact with your eyes every few days with hot water to disinfect them.
In most cases of infective conjunctivitis, antibiotics are not needed. Instead lubricant eye drops are prescribed that are available over the counter. This can help ease soreness and stickiness in the eye. When using lubricant eye drops, do not let the dropper touch the infected eye and do not use the same eye drops for both eyes. Untreated conjunctivitis can be treated with antibiotics such as chloramphenicol and fusidic acid. These antibiotics can have a few side effects such as blurred vision and hence you must avoid driving and operating heavy machinery after using them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.