Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Satyendra Gopal PrabhuYour feedback matters!
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy.
My last LMP was march 16th.. I went for scan today and the doctor said a gestational sac is seen.. But there is no fetal pole and yolk sac.. Is my pregnancy a healthy one.. Moreover my doctor said pregnancy should be six weeks but it is less than six weeks around five weeks.
Hello Dr. It's almost one year and 2 months since we got married and we are trying for baby for last six months, our sexual health are fine in terms of my erection and her periods etc But only thing is we are having intercourse only twice in a week, cos of our work timings Any tips for us to get a good news soon!
M 22 years old. I am facing some kind of pain in vagina sometimes. Is it normal or any kind of serious problem Please help.
I was diagnosed with polycyctic ovarian syndrome 5 years ago. My periods are irregular. I had been taking meprate from 1 year now. Is this the permanent solution? or I need to do something else? wat should I do?
I have itching problem near vagina and having white discharge also. The discharge is little thick and I am having pain in my back too. So is there any cause of having sex of dis problem. Please help me out of dis.
Is it true that milk and curd should be avoided in pcod and hormonal imbalance. Anything else that aggravates pcos or hormonal imbalance. your advice is really appreciated.
I am 40 years female. I am suffering from IBS. Taking medicine like zolpidem and mirtazipine since 5 years. I suffer from hyperacidity during menstrual. Is this the problem due to above medicine. I even suffer from insomnia during menstrual even on taking above medicine. Is there any other medicine for sleeping as I think the above medicine is causing stomach problem. I always feel my stomach is empty even after eating. So not able to sleep properly. I am taking pan 40 almost regularly. During menstrual my stomach problem starts mainly nausea and burning sensation. I even follow strict diet. Still there is problem. Please help me to come out of this.
Took two pregnancytest with prega news both in themorning. One was 4 days back nd one today. Both results are negative so is it confirmed that the results are negative?
Why my wife is not getting pregnant yet? My marriage was on December 2015. And we are trying from last three months. What's wrong in me or her? Whats is the exact way to make pregnant. Do I need to consultant any doctor personally? Or it takes time to get pregnant? Please share some ideas.
I am suffering from PCOD problem and I am suffering with this from past 7 years and I used many medicines but I have still that problem. Is their any alternative for this problem?
My purpose is to. Today;
Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn, pass all your tests, problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lesson you learn will last a life time.
At the end of day lie in your bed and ask yourself "how was your day?"