Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Satyanand Burra ShastriYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I am anxiety patent and also my digestion power is not good whatever i eat can't digest and and my hand shaking, do not feel strength in my body.
Hi, I gets diarrhoea very often. Abdominal cramp occasionally before potty. Urgency to go toilet very often. Stool is covered with mucus almost every time. But I go to potty 1 or 2 times. Stomach Gas if I wake in the early Morning. Sometimes potty is like having indigestion. Fishy smell in mouth. Sour mouth often. Is this really IBS or something else like Celiac Disease? Diagnosed as IBS. Prescribed me Normaxin and PrePro HS. But condition does not change after taking the medicines for more than 8 months.
I'm 27 year old n have fatty liver and obese n also gall stones what should I do and what diet to follow.
I am suffering with gas problem I tried so many but it will controls some time can I get permanent solution for the problem.
I am getting pain in the back. Just behind the abdomen. I have gastric problem also. Is this pain related to gas or other problems?
I am a diabetic patient. I have been suffering from this disease for about last 15 years. I have been taking the medicine, namely, GMR M1, regularly and sugar level is under control. But I have also acidity problem. Especially, after taking a meal some sour substance come to my mouth from the stomach. But after a while it is vanished. When I usually consult with my doctor, he used to give a medicine, namely, Pandosun D. But as well as I want to stop on taking this medicine, after a few days the previous symptoms appear. What can I do in this situation?
I have acidity problem whenever I eat food after that air comes out from my mouth (dakar) or farting, what shall I do? Please advice.
Recently from the past few days after my dinner when I go to bed I feel like my heart burns, I feel very uncomfortable while sleeping, its like somethings burning on my chest, is it due to gastric problem. I usually have 4 to 5 chapattis with some spicy at dinner. And I also have a lot of water while eating, is it because of this. Please help.
I have a problem of gas. And no medicine work. Gas cannot pass out and tighten the stomach witch higher me at night l take the medicine pan d gelocil normaxin rt.
I have a mass and pain on perineum from last 4 days. And I consult doctor he prescribed Some tablets. Is there any fear factors about that mass. And I have fissure problem, is this the reason for that mass?
I am 27 years old I frequently get hyper acidity attack, back ache, neck pain and head ache. Please help.
Excessive gas can be defined as bloating, belching, flatulence and burping. It does not matter what you call it, but what matters is how you treat it and get relieved from the embarrassing symptoms.
Here are some ways in which you can avoid gastric problems:
- Avoid eating foods that can cause gas or acidity. Vegetables which are known to cause acidity are Brussels, Onions, Garlic and Broccoli; dairy products like cheese, milk, ice cream and whole grains can cause acidity. The reason is that these products have fiber, starch and sugar which cannot be digested easily, thus causing pain in the intestines. Fruits which contain sorbitol and aerated drinks should also be avoided. Eat everything but in moderation.
- Avoid drinking before meals as the stomach acids are lost and the food cannot be digested well. Water and liquids should be taken half an hour after a meal for a better digestion.
- Food should be eaten slowly. Eating and drinking quickly, allows a lot of air to go into the stomach with the food. This in turn can cause a stomach pain.
- Over the counter drugs can be taken for immediate help in digestion. These medicines contain enzymes which aid in digestion. The enzyme works to dissolve the sugar that is found in many fruit and vegetables.
- Some habits like chewing gum, drinking from a straw and smoking, etc. causes air to fill in the stomach, thereby, leading to gas.
- Artificial sweeteners such as sorbitol should be avoided as these are difficult to digest and can easily lead to a feeling of bloating.
However, all the pains might not be due to gas and could be a sign of something serious. These could be:
- Lactose intolerance: This is the inability to digest milk and milk products. The sugar in the milk is known as lactose and cannot be digested easily.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: People who suffer with pain in the lower abdomen constantly might be suffering from IBS.
- Colon cancer: If the pain lasts too long then getting a screening done is a good idea to rule out if one is suffering from colon cancer or not.
- Upper gastrointestinal disorders: If one gets belching occasionally, then it is alright, but a constant belching might be a sign of gastrointestinal disorder in the upper tract. These could be gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), gastroparesis, or peptic ulcers.