Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Satya MehtaYour feedback matters!
How to reduce triglycerides cholesterol I am 43 years old and my weight is 82 kgs height is 168 cms.
I am feeling little bit pain in my left chest particularly during night time after 9 pm approximately 3 times in a month but only for few seconds, then I feel normal. I guess may be due to cholesterol high it's occurring. I don't hv high bp or sugar. But I am wondering what can be the cause. Please provide your valuable advice on this. Do I need to do some checkup? Do I need to leave non veg food?
How to increase my appetite. And I don't like to eat much or drink water. I also feel dizziness as I have low BP also. My age is 28 years. Weight 49 kgs.
I am 61yrs old male, diabetic. My recent report for Microalbumin (ist morning urine) is 70, 58, Glucose fasting 79, pp 250, creatinine serum 1.06, lipid profile serum Triglycerides 220 HDL CHOLESTROL 33 LDL 76 VLDL 44 NON CHOLESTEROL 120HbA1c 7.6 want advise how to control and best suitBLE MEDICATION.
Hi. My father gone bypass surgery in january 2015 and now he can not able to sit on the floor. Is that normal.
I am 50 years old. I am having discomfort in both my calf muscles off and on especially in the evening. I feel better in raised lower limb position during lying down. My blood pressure is normal. My blood sugar is within normal limits. Lipid profile too is within normal limits. I take meals 4 times a day but the time is irregular. Please tell me the causes of discomfort in calf muscle.
Our survival is solely reliant on the working of the heart. It is this that makes the prospect of a heart failure so fatal and so terrifying. Notwithstanding what the heart evokes, a heart failure is not indicative of a defunct heart; but only a situation when the heart pumps weaker than what is generally deemed as natural. Consequently, the blood flows at a slower rate to the heart and the body that in turn increases pressure in the heart. The oxygen that is produced by the heart in such a scenario is scanty and insufficient for the body.
body responds with its own defense mechanism, as the heart, in an attempt to hold more blood, stretches its chambers. Though this strenuous effort may keep the blood moving, it would gradually and inevitably weary the heart with all the effort. Subsequently, the kidney responds by retaining more salt and fluid in the body. These fluids may accumulate in different parts of the body, mainly in the legs, feet, ankles leading to congestion in the body. This very condition in medical terminology is referred to as congestive heart failure.
Different causes can contribute to the onset of such a fatal condition. Some of them are
- Coronary artery disease: In such a condition, the arteries supply insufficient amount of oxygen and blood to the heart. Subsequently, the heart receives scanty amount of nutrients and oxygen.
- Heart attack: The sudden, unanticipated blockage of the coronary artery and the ensuing stoppage of the flow of the blood lead to a heart attack. The heart muscles are damaged in such a case and prevent the proper functioning.
- Diseases: Though the term may be generic and over expansive, most of the ailments which people suffer from tend to manifest themselves by posing a potential threat to the functioning of the heart. A high blood pressure, kidney disease, even a thyroid disease can cause congestive heart failure.
Every disorder is preceded by certain symptoms, and congestive heart failure is no different. Some of them are
- Fatigue: This is one of the most perceptible symptoms of congestive heart failure. One of the earliest premonitions of an impending heart failure is a nagging sense of weariness and lethargy.
- Swelling: As the condition is characterized by accumulation and build-up of fluids in various part of the body, swelling is an inevitable symptom of this condition and a clear indication of the ailment.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.