Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SatokarYour feedback matters!
I am bachelor and am 41 years old. Now I have problem with uterus fibtorid. How to shrink uterus fibroids. If any treatment for this without surgery.
The season of winter is all about enjoyment and is full of fun and festivities. As we while away our time enjoying, our body works its own course of eliminating toxic substances from the organs. But there is always a way to make things better. In other words, the process of clearing toxins is known as detoxification and what better way could be there than Ayurveda. During the process of detoxification, there are certain things that should be avoided like sugar, alcohol, caffeine, gluten, soda, etc.
Why choose the ayurvedic way?
It is the natural process through which the body cleanses naturally without undergoing any turmoil due to side effects. During winter, it is a challenge to detoxify as we consume more in order to keep ourselves warm. Ayurveda’s detoxification methods are safe and trusted for centuries.
Why is winter detoxification necessary?
During winter, we require more energy but due to toxins and more food consumption for a warmer body, the digestive system and the immune system are weakened thus making people more vulnerable to sickness. Winter detoxification helps one to control the energy level and makes the person stay fit, healthy and energised. Detoxification cleanses the digestive system and improves the immune system and also helps in losing weight by flushing out the excess fat from the body.
Detoxifying ayurvedic drinks
Natural ayurvedic drinks prepared at home help in retrieving one's healthy self by detoxifying the body's systems. Also, consuming such preparations regularly will offer continual benefits.
- Coriander, lemon and green tea: The combination of coriander, lemon and green tea helps in balancing the fundamentals of the body. This preparation, again, can be consumed every day. It delays the onset of ageing and also remarkably reduces the visible signs of ageing on the skin.
- Lime water with pepper: A glass of warm water mixed with lemon juice and a pinch of pepper powder works wonders on an empty stomach. It helps in detoxifying and improving the digestive system.
- Vegetable juice: Vegetables like carrots and spinach that is widely available in winters can be used in preparing juices. The vegetables, when combined with Apple, Celery, and ginger, is a drink that offers many medicinal benefits and tasty as well.
- Lemon ginger water: The combination of lemon and ginger is said to be one of the healthiest ayurvedic drink to help detox your body during winter. Take a glass of warm water mixed with ginger and lemon juice. This helps have a healthy and clean digestive system.
- Aloe vera juice: Aloe vera is yet another nature's gift that helps in flushing out toxins. A bit of aloe vera gel mixed with water or orange juice have been working wonders in detoxification for centuries. It is another healthy winter drink.
- Amla juice: Amla is said to be the best aid in losing weight and boosts up the immune system. Amlas soaked in water overnight and blended in a mixer can be taken thrice every day. The juice has a tangy taste but is effective.
To combat winter, Ayurvedic detox drinks are always handy and helpful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Doctor I had sex on 11 march in morning and after 5-6 hrs I had unwanted 72 tablets. Doctor I had athletic meet so I rab on 15-16th march. Now I am sensing red discharge today. Doctor also my last period ended on 7th march. Do I need to take pregnancy test?
My wife gets vaginal infection every month. Its been almost two years she is having this issue. It is kind of reoccurring one and we have tried different options n medication but nothing really fixed it and I observed she mostly get this around 10 or 11th day from her period due to which we could not even try for baby.
Good posture for hunchback: how to fix your posture
Good posture is very essential to maintain a healthy mind and body. It helps in aligning the spine with itself. Having a good posture also helps in alleviating common problems like back or neck pain, headaches and fatigue. Other than improving your health, a good posture also boosts your self-confidence and your carriage. The steps to develop a good posture are:
Identifying a good posture: the first step is identifying a good posture i. E, a straight back, squared shoulders, chin up, chest out, stomach in. In a good posture, you should be able to draw a straight line from your earlobe through your shoulder, hip, knee, to the middle of your ankle. With the help of a mirror, align your ears, shoulders, and hips. These points should make a straight line; however, spine curves naturally in a slight s shape. If you are experiencing pain, then look at your side view to see if you're forcing your spine into an unnatural position. The two natural curves in the spine need to be maintained. These are known as the double c or s curves and are found from the base of the head to the shoulders and the curve from the upper back to the base of the spine. Make sure that your weight is evenly distributed on your feet when standing upright.
Training or exercising your muscles: the next step in improving your posture is to do exercises which will help in strengthening the muscles across the upper back and shoulders so that you naturally and unconsciously maintain a correct posture all the times without feeling any fatigue.
Pretend to be a penguin by placing your elbows at your sides and touching your shoulders with your hands. Keep your hands on your shoulders with your ears aligned. Raise both the elbows and lower them back again.
Practicing yoga is extremely beneficial in developing a good posture. Yoga also helps in improving balance; strengthening the core muscles and helping you maintain a proper body alignment.
Standing posture: a proper standing posture can be achieved by finding your center. A proper standing posture also gives you an air of confidence.
Keep your feet shoulder width apart and stand up straight. This is the key to a good standing posture and should be repeated till you develop good posture habits such that it becomes a second nature for you.
Place your weight on the balls of your feet. When you are resting on your heels, you will tend to slouch; however, stand up and try to stand on the balls of your feet. Observe the way your rest of the body follows suit. Now tilt back so that your weight shifts to your heels and observe how your entire body shifts into a slouchy posture again.
Always keep your shoulders squared and stand up straight. Initially it may feel unnatural especially if you do not have good posture habits, but keep practicing till it becomes second nature to you.
Pull your head backwards and upwards such that you are reaching for the ceiling and keep your head square on top of your neck and spine while doing this. This technique will not only improve your posture, but will also make you look taller and leaner.
Teach your body how a good posture feels like by standing with your back against a door or wall such that the back of your head, shoulders, and your butt are lightly touching the wall. Continue practicing this for a good posture.
Walking posture: a good walking posture can be achieved by a good standing posture, as walking with a good posture is simply an extension of standing with a good posture. While walking, always keep your head straight up, shoulders back, chest out, and eyes looking straight ahead and always avoid pushing your head forward.
Sitting posture: for a developing a good sitting posture always, sit up straight. Following are some basic guidelines for developing a good sitting posture especially if you are working at a desk all day long.
Always use a chair that's ergonomically designed for giving proper support and is according to your height and weight. You can also use a small pillow for lumbar support.
Keep your back aligned with the back of the office chair, as this will help in avoiding slouching or leaning forward.
When sitting, always keep your shoulders straight and squared, your head upright, and your neck, back, and heels should be in alignment.
Always keep both feet on the ground. You can use a footrest if your legs don't reach the ground.
Your chair should be adjusted such that your arms are flexed and not straight out.
Always take standing breaks in between even if you have a good sitting posture. Stand up in between, walk around and stretch a little for a few minutes.
Driving posture: a good driving posture is achieved by developing a good sitting posture.
Rest your back against the seat and the head rest.
Adjust your seat such that there is an appropriate distance from the pedals and steering wheel. The following are the indications that you're too far away: if you're leaning forward, reaching for the wheel or pointing your toes. The following are the indications that you're too close: if you are sitting huddled up with your chin on top of the steering wheel.
Adjust the head rest so that the center of your head rests against it. You can adjust the head rest as required. There should be a distance four inches/10 cm (and not more) between the back of your head and the head rest.
Sleeping posture: it is difficult to maintain a specific posture when sleeping; however, the way you sleep has a bearing on your posture when you wake up.
A firm mattress helps in giving a good back support.
Sleeping on the back helps in keeping the shoulders straight and is more comfortable than sleeping on the stomach.
When sleeping on your side, keep a small, flat pillow between the knees. This helps in keeping the spine straight and aligned.
A good pillow should be used to provide the required support and alignment for the head and shoulders. Don't use too many pillows, as your head will be bent in unnatural position resulting in a bad posture with you feeling stiff, sore and groggy upon waking up.
My friend squeezing her wife boobs heavily in a span of year her boobs became larger. Is it becoz of squeezing?
I have thyroid since 8 months and I have very irregular periods and I am trying to conceive what to do?
Thank you for your kind answer. My wife was take this myo-inositol D-chiro-inositol Chromium and vitamin d3 capsules from 24 days. Now my wife was have pregnancy symptoms. If my wife is pregnant I am very happy. please let me know if use this capsules can get pregnant in right way or can take some days. please advise me.
I got my girlfriend accidentally pregnant. And we want to avoid this . Is there any prescribed medicine for that ? It's her 12 th day and she tested positive by a pregnancy testing kit . Thanks.
I slept with someone on 19 November with less than 2 mins of foreplay we realized and changed the mood but she won't get menses actually her cycle ended on 16 november. In pregnancy test it shows negative. But I'm still afraid of getting pregnancy?
Getting to be intimate with someone is a great feeling as you can get to enjoy and explore each other’s bodies, mind and spirit. However it is also important that you avoid getting infected by sexually transmitted diseases. Although you are probably aware of how to protect yourself in general circumstances, you could be mistakes in the heat of the moment and fail or forget to use adequate protection. Always be safe, never sorry.
The following tips will help you stay safe, each time you have sex and should never be forgotten:
- Single partner and regular testing: The safest way to have sex is have a single partner and to ensure that neither of you have any form of STI (sexually transmitted infections). If you have been with multiple partners before then get yourself tested for STIs and STDs (sexually transmitted diseases).
- Bring your own condom (BYOC): Never rely on the partner to have dams, condoms or lube. It is highly recommended that you have your own supply and the expiration dates should be checked before usage.
- Contraception: In addition to condoms, other forms of contraceptives like cervical caps and contraceptive pills must be utilized to prevent unwanted pregnancy. One should also consider using female condoms.
- Lubrication: Even though friction during sex can help in elevating pleasure levels, it also increases the risks of infection. In order to prevent friction, try to use a lubricants during sex. Oil-based lube should not be used on a latex condom as it may cause breaks within. Water and Silicon based lubricants are better options
- Set personal boundaries: Having personal rules and boundaries around safe sex can be helpful in setting a standard for behaviour. Writing down what one personally approves of and doesn’t is helpful in setting proper boundaries around the concept of safe-sex. In case of a history of sexual abuse, it is important to contact a therapist or somebody close and opening up to them so they can initiate the process of recovering from it.
- Drink responsibly: It is important to consider the limit of alcohol and the people one chooses to drink with. It is also necessary to understand the concept of consent. You should not be or allowed to be pressurized into having sex.
It is important to understand the importance of safe sex and being able to speak up about sex without feeling any shame. Furthermore, it is important to understand your responsibilities in initiating safe sex and it is okay to find it difficult in the beginning. We have cultural stigmatization around sex and it is okay to be uncomfortable in the beginning, but it is equally important to develop the confidence to talk about sexual practices and safe-sex without guilt, shame or the fear of judgement.