Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SatokarYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, I have a doubt that while I am doing oral sex with my wife she is not allowing to lick her vagina and she is saying that if you do like that both of us are going to infected and she is not allowed to fingering also my question is if I do like that any infection happens to me or to her?
I m a 35 years old female, I have a 08 years old daughter, we want a 2nd issue but after several attempts since last 02 yrs, it failed, one of the ovary has been removed 05 years ago, I am under medical treatment but nothing positive, so, I left the treatment, the sperm count of my husband is normal.
I had a kidney transplant 6 years back. Now I am 31 yrs. I am on immunosuppressives medicines. I had 2 miscarriages recently. What are the precautions I should take before next pregnancy?
Meri wife pregnant hai but me abhi child ni chahta hu, mujhe kya karna chahiye Maine subah ipill bhi di thi lekin abhi tak koi result ni aaya Mujhe samajh ni araha h ki m kya karu.
It's being 1 years after the pregnancy. She did not get her period yet. She is breast feeding her baby Most frequently. Is it normal or there is any issue. Do we need to consult a gynaecologist. Regards HB.
My age is 25 years I have many lumps on my hands, thighs, stomach, and back. They are soft and huge in size and visible clearly. I showed to some general practioner they told me its nothing and have no medicine. But I think its lipoma. So can anyone please suggest me the best medicine or treatment for that. As I am planning to get married and searching for girls. Thanks and waiting for a reply.
Hi. It has been 6 years of our marriage now. My wife does not shows any interest in sex. In past 6 years she does not shows any eagerness towards sex. I perform lot of foreplay even after that she does not gets aroused. She accepts that she has some physical problem but she is not ready to visit any doc. She doesnt even allows me to insert the finger even that is pain full to her. We have 1 kid of 3 years that too through IUI. Please help my marriage is going through very bad phase.
I am 18 years old and had a sex on 4th April I came in periods on 10th may had pregnancy kit test 2 times but it showed invalid what you think am I pregnant?
I am getting married in next month, wanted to ask regarding precautions during sex and about contraceptive pills. Is condom is sufficient for not being pregnant or do I need to take some contraceptive pills. If yes then please suggest me which one is good and also when to take that to avoid pregnancy and also what is the side effect?
Sir this month my period is very light n it started from 21 and still coming. But it is too light. She use just one whisper. I had sex with him on 1 Nov. There is any problem. Or she get pregnant. Please tell me solution.
cheek a doctor from clinic. I am tubal pregnancy in report what is this and this harmful or not please doctor help.
Husband ne apna penis vagina me enter nahi kiya sirf touch kiya hai or Mani nikal gayi or vagina or penis ke beech me ek kapda hai to kya aisi situation me wo pregnant hogi. Pls jaldi se jaldi jawab kijiye.
I'm 22 years old having skin itching, skin redness. I had tried everything but it happen quite frequently. Also this time I didn't have my periods on time it's 35 days late. Please suggest.
Sir/Madam, my sister. She is staying at Delhi. Water for general use she gets there chlorinated. If she bathes with this chlorinated water. What will be the side effects especially for hair? And what can be the to neutralize chlorinated water. I hope you will answer sooner. Thank You.
I am suffering with pcos and have symptoms such as hair growth in puberty organs and delayed periods. I am recently married. Will this have any impact in my married life or pregnancy?
Hi Doctor I had a termination of pregnancy of 1 week using MT Pill on 04th Feb and bleeding stopped completely on 20th Feb. Now again I am tested positive on Pregnancy Test. I am not sure if I got pregnant again or previous termination didn't happen completely. If its a new pregnancy this time, Shall I again use MT Pill to terminate it or go under medical examination this time.
I have problem of pcod, doctor has prescribed me to take met pco care tablets for 3 months. But from the day I am taking these tablets I have loose motions and pain in stomach and also my diet was reduced. Is these problems are due to these tablets?
The amount of emotional upheaval that periods, or no periods (for that matter) can cause, is something that every woman is aware of. It's normal to miss your period for different reasons occasionally, but it is a matter of concern if this absence persists over a period of time. The condition is then termed as a case of secondary amenorrhea. Although most people are quick to consider pregnancy while dealing with the various reasons for missed periods, there are a number of possibilities which are seldom mulled over, but should be considered in order to take effective precautions and seek proper medical care:
- Weight: Body weight is responsible for affecting hypothalamus and this may, in turn, upset your menstrual cycle. BMI level under 18-19 may result in triggering irregularities since enough estrogen will not be created. This is also why underweight women, who suffer from bulimia or anorexia, tend to miss their periods frequently. On the other hand, overweight women may stop ovulating due to increase in the production of estrogen and therefore, have heavy, infrequent periods. Therefore, it is essential that body weight be regulated to avoid any disappointment at 'the time of the month.'
- Stress: Any type of physical or emotional stress is bound to affect your cycle. This is because, the production of stress hormones in the body increases and an elevated level of adrenaline and cortisol may impair the functioning of the reproductive system. Under stressful situations, the body employs its amino acids to assist the neurotransmitters to produce stress hormones over sex hormones. As a consequence, the chances of missing your periods increase.
- Exercising Too Much: While regular workout is indispensable for battling a sedentary lifestyle, overdoing it might cause your body to produce lesser estrogen and delay your periods. Women, who are into athletics and gymnastics, are more likely to suffer from amenorrhea. In fact, other aspects of over-exercising, like sleeping less, fasting, and infections also contribute to such irregularities.
- Breastfeeding: Prolactin is the hormone that aids in milk production and may also repress ovulation for a while. Many breastfeeding moms may not get their periods for a month or more as a result. But this doesn't do away with your chances of getting pregnant. A span of three months is expected to pass before the abnormalities are done away with.
- Food Allergies: Celiac disease or untreated gluten allergy can directly harm hormone production. They are directly related to your gut health and your adrenal glands which is why they can influence the sex hormone creation.
I had protected sex with fiance after 2 days I got my periods but in very low blood flow and in intervals could you help me with this?
Many women experience unusual vaginal bleeding between periods at some point in their lives. It is also known as metrorrhagia. Vaginal bleeding is thought to be abnormal in the following cases:
1. When your menstrual period is not expected
2. When your menstrual flow is lighter or heavier than normal
3. At unexpected stages in life. For example, when you are pregnant or after you have attained menopause.
Bleeding during periods is not a normal condition. Usually, the duration of the cycle is about 21 – 35 days. Abnormal vaginal bleeding has numerous conceivable causes. Independently, it doesn't show a genuine condition.
- Mid-cycle bleeding can be caused due to ovulation.
- Two hormones that regulate the menstrual cycle are progesterone or oestrogen. A condition of hormonal imbalance which is known as Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOs) causes interference with normal ovulation. This results in problems in thyroid glands as well as causes dysfunctional ovaries.
- Medications such as birth control pills are capable of causing abnormal bleeding, especially with the irregular intake of such medications.
- Infections or inflammation caused in the pelvic regions such as uterus, vagina, cervix, ovaries or fallopian tubes are capable of causing abnormal bleeding. STIs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) and PIDs (Pelvic inflammatory disease) are often the cause of such a condition.
- Although Cancer is not one of the primary causes, cancer in organs such as the uterus, vagina, cervix and ovaries are capable of causing abnormal bleeding during periods.
How it can prevented
- Maintaining a healthy diet. Women who are either underweight or overweight tend to have more problems with abnormal bleeding
- Relaxation practices should be followed so that stress is reduced. Stress can cause abnormal bleeding.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) should be consumed to reduce menstrual bleeding. Examples are ibuprofen or naproxen.
- In case of consumption, birth control pills should be taken as per the prescription only and regularly at the same time.
- Hormone therapy (using external hormones in a medical treatment) can be used in order to regulate menstrual cycles, stabilize the endometrium which is the lining of the uterus as well as to rectify hormonal imbalances. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.