Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Satish Krishnan Iyer
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Satish Krishnan IyerYour feedback matters!
Here are 5 reasons that cause bad breath and ways to overcome the same.
1) Unhealthy Teeth And Gums - Most of the bad breath and halitosis problems result due to unhealthy teeth and gums. Basically, people who don't take care of their dental hygiene are prone to the problem.
Solution - Clean your teeth and rinse your mouth properly to get rid of the annoying rotten egg stench.
2) Lack Of Hydration - If you are not drinking enough water, you can have bad breath. Saliva washes away smell causing bacteria. But not having enough water will lead to lesser saliva, which will lead to dead and rotting cells that will stink.
Solution - Drink atleast 8-10 glasses of water daily, at regular intervals.
3) Allergies - Nose and asthma related allergies are one of the leading causes of bad breath.
Solution - Make sure that you get rid of the allergies via proper care. Also, hydrate more when you have any allergy, like sinus problems or tonsil infection, it helps in clearing allergies out.
4) Eating the wrong stuff - Garlic, uncooked onion and too many spices can also lead to bad breath.
Solution - Use moderate spices and always rinse your mouth after each meal. Also, avoid foods that are high in sugar as they promote more bacteria.
5) Acid Reflux - If getting gaseous feeling in the pit of your stomach is a common problem for you, then you might have bad breath too. Heartburn, indigestion and acid reflux are common causes of bad breath.
Solution - Avoid foods that can cause a reflux and try light eating. It will take care of other health problems too.
If you have any questions on improving oral and dental hygiene, please click on 'Consult Privately.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I have mouth ulcer for the last two months. When one is cured, the other one erupts. I am taking statin tablets now. Is it due to the medicines I am taking? Or due to some other reasons. Kindly advise.
I have manoclusion class 2 division 2 in my teeth. My upper teeth is aligned forward while lower teeth are back so that there is gap between two. So I want to ask is it necessary to solve this issue (I don't feel any problem though but while I sleep I force my lower jaw to come forward so that my jaw looks rectangle). If yes what is the solution of this? Please help.
I am every day brush teeth but smell every time. I think stomach problems to smell mouth. Please solution it's problem.
Gum diseases are very common and occur in most of us at some time in life. Also known as periodontal disease, gum diseases happen to be a widespread condition in which your gums get swollen and feel irritable.
Gum disease is nothing very serious and there are several simple home remedies for a gum disease.
Here are the best home remedies which you can use to cure gum disease:
- Oil pulling: This method cures swollen and red gums and is also used in cases of reversing a gum disease, which causes bone loss. The procedure involves the pulling out of toxins out of the mouth and gums. Plaque build-up is also removed by this process. You can use organic oils such as sesame, olive oil or coconut oil. Oil pulling is an efficient remedy for gum disease.
- Sage leaf decoction: This process is an old folk remedy for curing gingivitis and gum diseases. You should boil 50 organic sage leaves in distilled water and gargle with the decoction more than two times a day. Use it as a mouthwash as well. You can also consume sage tea as another option. Sage contains antioxidants, which are anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial.
- Garlic and Turmeric paste: Using garlic cloves to treat irritated gums is effective. You can prepare a paste with garlic and turmeric and use it in the form of toothpaste. Garlic and turmeric contain antibacterial properties and are anti-inflammatory.
- Neem: Neem is a plant which can be used to treat gum diseases effectively. Neem can be used as a mouthwash or you can opt for neem toothpastes. Neem contains antifungal and antibacterial properties and is one of the best treatment options for gum disease.
- Mustard oil: Mustard oil is an old practice for curing gum disease and poor dental health. It helps in destroying bacteria present in the mouth and heals gum disease very fast. It also contains pain relieving properties and is antimicrobial and antibacterial.
- Aloe Vera gel: Aloe Vera gel is purely natural and accounts for great anti-inflammatory functions. Aloe Vera gel is used in cases of inflamed, red gums.
- Plenty of fruits and vegetables: Fresh fruits and vegetables are full of valuable nutrients, which help in keeping the teeth clean. Leafy vegetables should be consumed regularly. Consumption of plenty of fruits and vegetables also protects your teeth from the plaque buildup, and hence, gum diseases can be prevented.
Gum disease is a common dental condition. It is nothing to worry about and can be cured using several home remedies.