Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sathish BohaperlYour feedback matters!
|HYPOTHYROIDISM / MYXOEDEMA
Hypothyroidism is a clinical condition, which results from deficiency of thyroid hormones.
Hypothyroidism with deposition of mucinous substance in subcutaneous tissues is known as ‘myxoedema`.
|• Primary thyroid gland involvement.
• Lack of pituitary TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone).
• Hypothalamic deficiency of TRH (thyrotropin-releasing hormone).
• Autoimmune thyroiditis.
• Severe iodine deficiency.
|SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:|
|• Slowing down of mental and physical functions of the body.
• Easy fatigability and tiredness.
• Body ache.
• Puffiness of face.
• Edema feet.
• Weight gain.
• Increased sensitivity to cold.
• Dryness of skin.
• Brittle nails.
• Hair fall.
• Hoarseness of voice.
• Hearing loss.
• Tendency for repeated infections.
• Muscle cramps.
• Shortness of breath.
• Mood swings.
• Slow speech.
• Menorrhagia (profuse menses).
• Occasionally rise in blood pressure.
• Avoid goitrogens (food that blocks the utilization of iodine): turnips, cabbage, mustard, cassava root, soybeans, peanuts, pine nuts and millets. Cooking usually inactivates goitrogens.
|• Increase consumption of iodine, it is an important building block of thyroid hormone:
– Sea food, meat, milk and milk, sea plants- kelp, dulse (vegetable sea food) and Japanese sea vegetables. Plants grown in iodine rich soils are also good source of iodine.
– Iodized salt is a primary source of iodine.
• Increase consumption of copper, selenium and zinc as these minerals are essential for normal thyroid hormone production and metabolism.
• Foods rich in copper:
– Meat gelatin, eggs, yeast, lamb; pork; pheasant quail; duck; goose; squid; salmon; organ meats.
– Soy and soy products, nuts and seeds, beans, legumes; almonds, broccoli, garlic; bran breads and cereals; sea plants and mushrooms.
– Dried beans - soy beans, lima beans, baked beans, dried peas; lentils; barley.
– Dried fruits including raisins, dates, prunes, avocado, Chocolate.
– Some amount of cooper is obtained from cooking in copper vessels.
• Foods rich in selenium:
– Grains, Brazil nuts, garlic, wheat germ and brewer`s yeast, fish, shellfish, eggs, red meat, chicken and liver.
• Food rich in zinc: Good dietary sources of zinc include seafood (especially oysters), beef, oatmeal, chicken, liver, spinach, nuts and seeds.
– Meat, poultry and milk, shell fish, crab, shrimp and sea plants etc.
– Plant foods are low in zinc, Whole wheat grains provide good amount of zinc.
• Increase consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids, one of the PUFA`s (poly unsaturated fatty acids), as it also contributes to normal thyroid function: Fish and fish oils provide excellent forms of omega-3s as well as vitamin A, which improves thyroid receptor binding and thyroid hormone activity. Flax / linseed oil is the richest source of PUFA`s. Other oils that contain PUFA`s are safflower oil, soybean oil, cottonseed oil, maize oil, sesame oil, rich bran oil, ground nut oil, mustard oil and olive oil.
• Increase consumption of proteins - tyrosine, an amino acid is a precursor for making thyroid hormone :
– Milk and milk products, eggs (is the richest source), Flesh food: meat, fish, and poultry.
– Nuts and oilseeds, pulses, cereals.
• Mild to moderate exercise is advisable, exercise stimulates thyroid gland function.
• Practise yoga, helps in increasing tissue sensitivity to thyroid hormone.
• If myxoedema presents with complications like cardiac failure or coma consult your physician immediately. Immediate medical attention is necessary.
Note Blood test empty stomach ,,,,T3 T4 TSH
Hi I am 35 years old and married , , I got diagnosed type 2 diabetics one year back, I am under medication taking 2 tablets daily, my sugar level is 140 and 200, I am suffering erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation, I am unable have sex, please suggest the medicine and best treatment. Should I go for allopathic or Ayurveda.
Please tell me symptoms of diabetes? As well as I want to know about the protests cancer. And it's symptoms.
Glycosylated HB, is the HB that bound irreversibly to the glucose. Its an indicator of average sugar levels for the past 2-3 months. Several studies have shown that maintain Glyco Hb<7.0% can decrease a incidence of complication
So if some one are Diabetic , Doing Fasting and Post Lunch sugar is not enough measure Glyco HB at least in six months and maintain it below 7.0% to prevent Eye , Kidney and Nerve diseases with other complication due to Diabetes.
I am 64 years male and I take 120mlwhiskey daily I am diabetic patient please suggest is it o.k. For me. THANKS.
Hi I am 32 years old male, I am suffering from backache leg pain my uric acid level 7.9 give me treatment and exercise. Please help
hello sir. My hba1c 7.5. I daily 10 am take roti like jowar and wheat. 1 or 2. afternoon 1.30 pm. Lunch rice full. 9.30 pm. jowar roti 2. Small quantity curd rice. Occasionally take 90 ml alcohol. please say.?
Hi, my mom have diabetes and BP her age is 49, also can please suggest me which medicine she can use and send me the chats of fruits list and food list which she can have in her daily life.
26years marage Im 46 age Wife 42 age No child Iwant ask about (ivf-icsi &pgd )cost From me and my wife no donor And success rate Thanks
Due to hypothyroidism I am gaining weight. My TSH level is 7.23. How can I manage my weight? Please briefly suggest me some routine diet plan to maintain my weight and thyroid level.
My husband doesn't have any alcohol r ciggerates habits his weight is 65 nd 30 years he went to urologist but he said you never get a children you adopt a child he told n he did fsh n scanning too so wt to do this problem please help me would I go for ivf for children.
She is suffering with diabetes and it is not in control even though she is maintaining perfect diet so please can you give any suggestion to my grandmother.
Here are some symptoms and causes of PCOS
Today we are here to discuss the most burning topic PCOS.
PCOS is the most common hormonal cause of female infertility. When a woman has PCOS she ultimately has the hormonal dysfunction which doesn't allow her ovaries to fully mature an egg. It's not that a woman with PCOS cannot become pregnant, it just takes longer. the majority of women with PCOS just can get pregnant naturally if they have a proper protocol or if they meet a health practitioner who is a best practitioner with the hormonal balances. Don't think that you are out of luck if just because you have got a diagnosis of PCOS.
The most common symptoms of which may be associated with PCOS are male pattern baldness, irregular or absent menstrual cycles or you can have a apple shaped body or you can have a male pattern baldness or you can have acne problem or you can have anxiety or depression or you can be struggling with your weight gain. So you don't need to be overweight to be diagnosed with PCOS. Just now discuss about the treatment part you have to practice regular exercise, practice stress management, try and lose weight. You need to bump up the antioxidants in your diet and follow the hormonal protocols. If you need to and also get your sugar levels tested just do remember that don't run after getting these goals overnight because that will be a stressful process and it will be counterproductive.
If you are suffering from such symptoms or you are struggling with your fertility issues you can visit your nearest gynecologist or you can visit me at my lybrate account at lybrate.com. You can chat with me, text me or video call me or you can visit me at my clinic at Goyal Medical Center at Vasant Vihar.