Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
I am 34 years old. I am having 90-150 bp rate. I don't want to take medicine. Please advice me is there any herbs or food that may lower my blood pressure.
I am 27 year old female, I have a pain in chest and back, and I got my e. C. G done and e. C. O as well. And the reports are fine. I am confused?
My mother had an elevated Lipoprotein (a) level of 72 5 months back. She also had LDL on the higher side. She was given statins for 5 months. The Lp (a) levels dropped to 48 but now have increased back to 58. Statin drug reduced the LDL levels but couldn't help with the Lp (a) level. What is the best way to reduce LP (a)?
My blood pressure getting high(140/88),also hyperthyraodism tablet taken my age is 28 years,please consult me your opinion ?
I am suffering from a dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I caught hard can you suggest what should be done?
Hi, From past 3 week, whenever I am having my breakfast lunch or dinner, after some time I used to belch a lot and there was burning sensation too in chest. And one more thing I am gaining lot of weight and from 65 to 71 kg, and my stomach is also coming out. Can you please suggest me how to cope out from these?
I am 20 years old .my heart beat suddenly increases and decreases though no tension at that time. What is the reason. Is it danger.
She is suffering from knee pain from 1 week when she does work she gets pain she is unable to sleep in nights due to pain and sometimes even her bp is also getting low.
I am 50 years old have a heart problem doctors give me suggestion to go stunt but I didn't is it some problem.
I am 27 years old male, height 5'11 and weight 81, I have pain in my back and mid chest whenever I stretch. I have acidity issue whenever I drink water burp comes. Earlier I used to had headache everyday for 1 year almost, they eased up with time. Also there is one pain in my wrist which has recently started. Kindly advise.
I am 49 years old. I have severe burning from the right side and it last for more that 3 seconds. I also have pain in the left side on the bottom of the ribs and gind heaviness while breathing. Chest is always heavy with gas.
So in the past I've had blood tests, doctors looking at my heart, etc and everything has came back "normal" I'm experiencing a lot of chest pain however and am wondering why this might be or what might be causing this.
I am 51 plus years male with little high cholesterol can boiled eggs for me dangerous or I can eat it.
I am 45 years old man suffering with high cholesterol problems. I am using mustard oil in my routine food preparation. I want to know that this oil is good for me or I have to take some other oil to reduce/balance my cholesterol levels.
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery Seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation.