Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. SaswanYour feedback matters!
I have too many ulcers all over my mouth and its very common. I get mouth ulcers almost every time. Please suggest me medicines.
Sir my little brother have bad breath problem He feel very shameful Please tell me any solution He also tried mouth cleaner Please Dr. Help.
I have sensitivity in my teeth. It pain also. What should I do. I am using colgate sensitive pro relief pest for a month. But not cured.
I have got 6 root canals in last 4 years but again again todays time, I have tooth problem on same teeth. I do brush twice a day and not like anything sweet since my childhood. Now for 2 teeth I am undergoing re-root canal treatment locally here. I am unable to get the point if I brush twice and avoid sweet why I get so many cavities and pain in my teeth and gums respectively. Please help.
Is 'RCT ' a permanent solutions for dental problem ? A deep hole on my upper teeth of both side I am feeling huge problem. Please advise me.
I have pain at my right side upper jaw one black dot has formed in my jaw teeth. Please tell me what should i do?
Is it possible to retain a cracked-tooth?I have a cracked-tooth feeling very sensitivity from hot and cold otherwise no problem.
I'm 19 years old and I have been noticing changing colour of my teeth, white to yellowish. What can be best done to reverse this? might things like mouth cleaning dentist be suggested?thank you.
inspite regular cleaning of teeth, my gums are bleeding. 5 days back deep cleaning is also done. Now problem is enhanced. Even I gargle with plain water, it gives red colored water. I use soft sensitive brush twice a day. I use colgate total or vico vajradanti tooth paste. If I give light massage on gums, it bleeds more. I used Gummex or other such liquid also as suggested by dentist. I have used anti biotic CIP Tz500 and Flotrip Forte once. Improved a bit but after deep cleaning, bleeding has become more prominent. From today, I am going to start floss also particularly in the area where I see little swelled up gums. Please advise now what is your suggestion in the matter. Thanks Regards.
Im 37 years old. I use to chew gutkha since 10 yrs. Suddenly I stopped . I want my teeth to be whitened.
I often get ulcers in mouth (Chhala in hindi), like once in every month. And it lasts fr about 10 days. Seems dat it has become chronic in me. Kindly suggest me a solution.
Sir, mera mouth ka uper wala hisa red or white or us mai pain rahta hai maine kafi dentist ko dikhaya hai koi kuch nahi btata hai, mao TB ki medicine le raha hoo, or mere Dr. Ne blood test kiya or us mai Iron or calcium ki kami thi uske bi injecton le liya maine, sir kuch test kervau ya rahne du.
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.