Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
I am 17 years old and my girlfriend 18 years old .yesterday had sex she is in periods I only enter very small amount of sperm .should she get pregnant.
Hallo Doctor I took clomifene citrate ferring tablet 50mg Last month from 3-8Days of my period which happened in 14 dec. Till Today no signs of period and urine Test was negative for pregnancy. I had pcos but my period was quite normal. Sometimes with Delay. Can I wait or what advise do you give. Im 25 and 70 kgs 160cms height. my gyno is on leave and We live in Europe. So what can I do next. Should I Continue clomifene.
I had pregnancy before 7 months. As due to some family problem I did abortion with pills in 3 month. I suffered with more bleeding in those days at some days it won't be. I want to know about that shall I get pregnancy in future without any problems.
dear dr. have a problem of disturb menstruation cycle. from last 3 i think because of this gaining weight and unable to reduce weight by doing proper exercise please tell me proper solution for this illness.
I have a normal periods. But the problem is I don't have enough blood flow. From last two months am facing this problem. Only two three drops of blood came last month and this month. I don't know why please suggest me some thing.
1. Eat for good vision: green leafy vegetables, tuna, eggs, nuts, beans, oranges and other citrus fruits.
2. Quite smoking.
3. Wear sunglasses, uv protection
4. Avoid eyestrain.
I thnk dat there is date fr my gf to get periods. Bt she has not yet been. So how to get early periods. She got lst mnth on 24 n on dis 13 we had unprotected sex. Nw I thnk there is smthng wrng bt we r cnfdnt I had not ejaculated inside. So plss tell hw to get early period asap.
I am 22 years old and having PCOS. My doctor asked me to take meprate 3 times daily for continuous 3 days and start dronis 30 from the first day when my period comes. I started dronis on first day of my period, I am having a constant bleeding for 15 days now. I have mistakenly skipped it on 8 and 9th day and the flow got heavier after that. I beld after 9th day like I have a heavy period started. Today is my 15th day n m still bleeding a lil heavily and have cramps also. Please help.
The human body is host to many microbes such as bacteria, fungi and other organisms. These organisms are natural to the body and are required for many functions. The female reproductive organ or the vagina is one such organ that is home to many such bacteria that help in maintaining the correct vaginal pH balance, the ultimate requisite for a healthy vagina.
However, if this delicate balance within the various micro-organisms is disrupted, it may cause problems such as irritation and itching.
Causes of vaginal itching and irritation
- Yeast infection: Just like bacteria, yeast is also present within the vagina and is required for a healthy pH balance within it. However, due to various factors, this balance can go topsy-turvy, thus causing yeast infections. The infections may cause a thick white discharge along with excessive itching and irritation.
- Skin irritation due to foreign products or contact dermatitis: This problem can occur on the skin of your body as well as the vagina. Dermatitis or irritation may be caused due to perfumes, products such as tampons, or sanitary napkins, detergents used to wash underwear, lubricants, and condoms among others.
- Common vaginal infections or bacterial vaginosis: This is the most common form of vaginal infection that women have reported to their gynaecologists. Just like yeast infections occur due to an imbalance in the level of healthy fungi within the vagina, bacterial vaginosis occurs when there is an imbalance with the levels of healthy bacteria within the body.
- Sexually transmitted disease or infections: This is also a very common reason for vaginal itching and irritation. Some of the common STDs or infections such as Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and genital herpes can all cause irritation and in most cases, will result in itching. Pubic lice, also commonly referred to as crabs, can cause itching and are mostly transferred through sexual contact.
- Hormonal changes within the body: This is another common and major factor for changes within the human body and can especially create problems within the female reproductive systems. If you start or stop taking contraceptive pills, have irregular periods, are pregnant or approaching menopause, your hormones may fluctuate a lot. This will result in changes within the vagina and thus, may cause itching and irritation.
- Skin disorders such psoriasis and eczema: Certain underlying conditions within the body may cause problems, such as psoriasis and eczema. These may end up causing infections near the vagina and result in itchiness and irritation as well.
Although you can try out home remedies, it is advisable to go to a doctor and get yourself checked for either gynaecological issues or underlying physiological issues which may be causing the problems in the first place. Some of the medications that could be prescribed to you could be anti-inflammatory drugs as well as antibiotics, either in the form of oral medications or topical ointments.