Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SarojYour feedback matters!
We have been trying to conceive for 1 year. Every cycle I have sore breast right after ovulation till my periods. This month my sore breast disappeared 6 days after ovulation with a sudden temperature dip and a sudden temperature hike in my charts. Is there any chance of a positive pregnancy test?
Hello my periods date was 12 sep but its late by till now. Is it cause any problem. I am married and take regular precautions. Pls advice me. Thanks.
I have frequent white discharge since 1 month and pain during intercourse. Please suggest me the medication.
Hii I wanna ask, I was feeling like pregnancy before come date and when date is came of my menses, pain is more and date is not came and the test was also negative. What is the reason behind it. My hormones are imbalance so date is late.
Cancer is the term that is used to describe a wide variety of malignant diseases. It is the second commonest cause of death in the world.
• The exact causesfor cancer is not known.
• It is multi-factorial disease – many factors contribute or predispose this condition.
• Modern diet – increased intake of junk food and decreased intake of fibers and roughage. adulteration of food, over milk and vegetables production by uses of hormones,
• Age, environmental pollutants or social, emotional factors influence the disease. stress
• Family tendency. nuclear family, working women, always stress in life, alcohol, smoking in female
• Exposure to radiations. over uses of gazett, mobile, internet, radiation in atmosphere
• Occupational exposure to pollutants – lung cancer.
• Increased consumption of cigarettes - lung cancer.
• Tobacco chewing – oral cancer.
• Chronic alcoholics – liver cancer.
• Use of contraception, excess sexual freedom, virginity, women with no children – cervical and uterine cancer
* Uses of hormones, antibiotics, antiallergic and steroids frequent since childhood during cold coryza cough, bronchitis, pneumonia, many disease
* More vaccination
• Late marriages, women who have not breast fed there children – breast cancer.
• Non vegetarian diet especially high consumption of meat and red meat.
• Obesity hypertension and diabetes have been seen to be associated symptoms.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
• Most of the time there is no presentation no pain, cancer usually is detected accidentally and by the time it is detected it has spread in the whole body.
• Painless swelling in breast or at the site of cancer.
• Intracranial space occupying lesions can present with fits, severe headaches, vomiting, papilloedema.
• Abdominal lesions can cause constipation.
• Bronchial lesions present with cough & shortness of breath.
• Hemorrhage from various orifices.
• Pain either due to nerve compression or due to distension of an organ.
• There can be deep bone pains or referred pains.
• In terminal cases depression, loneliness & irritability.
• Tumor may cause obstruction affecting ingestion, digestion absorption, malabsorption through secondary intestinal changes.
• Pain, fatigue, depression, Anxiety, Nausea vomiting and diarrhea.
• Taste changes- mouth blindness develops – bitter and sweet thresholds are altered. Patient will avoid chocolate, coffee, tea, red wine, citrus fruits red meat cheese due to altered taste
• Low intake of food can cause severe weakness
• Loss of weight.
• Food aversion
• Early satiety
• Loss of body cell mass
• Emaciation- loss of subcutaneous fat and body protein leading to weight loss and muscle weakness.
• Metabolic disorders – altered metabolism of fats, proteins, carbohydrates, glucose, vitamins, minerals and electrolytes.
• Immunodepression- changes in the function of the immune system.
• Hyponatraemia and Hypercalcaemia
• Acid-base imbalance
• All these symptoms can be exacerbated by cancer treatment like chemotherapy or radiation.
• Give high energy and high protein diet.
• Wide variety of food should be selected to ensure all vitamins and minerals are included in the diet.
– Increase intake of antioxidants like vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, selenium.
• Include Japanese sea vegetables (arame, hijiki, kombu, nori) in diet if available, they are remarkably nutritious.
• Wheat grass juice is recommended – grow wheat grains in a pot – grass comes up in a weeks time so its advisable to plant seven pots so as to have every days supply. Extract juice from these grass and consume twice a day. It helps you to develop immunity and remove toxins from the body.
• Consume ½ cup of bitter gourd every morning. Advisable to add little ginger and turmeric to it. You can also add honey or jaggery to it, to alter its bitter taste if required.
• Daily eat 3-4 mint and basil leaves.
• Have high energy food / drink like sugarcane juice, fats.
• Consumption of sesame seed / oil is advised as it is a very good tonic and has anti-cancer properties.
• During the cancer affections and treatment, there is high demand for energy hence fats are required in high amount. Hence it is recommended to fry food rather than grilling them.
• Vegetarians should increase their consumption of pulses and legumes (peas and beans).
• Consumption of fresh fruits and raw vegetables is advised.
• Milk and milk products should be avoided to those patients with intestinal damage who are also lactose intolerant or those who cannot tolerate, digest or absorb a normal diet in such case liquid supplement formula can be used.
• Multivitamin supplements may be required in case of digestive and metabolic disorders. Should be taken as indicated by your physician.
• Tube feeding can be used in patients who cannot or are unwilling to take food orally.
• Parentral feeding – is considered when there is gastro-intestinal tumors or gastro-intestinal tract is not functioning.
Doctor. I am a 21 year old Girl. I was on my periods on 5th October 2016 nd they finished exactly on 9th October 2016. The Next day i.e. On 10th October 2016, Me and My boyfriend did sex three times and used a condom as well. But with a fear of getting pregnant we both decided to give me a pill of unwanted-72 for safer side and I took that pill at that day only. Then on 15th October 2016, again we both did sex twice and used a condom but then again because of the fear of getting pregnant I again took a pill of unwanted-72 with mutual consent. Doctor. My next periods were supposed to come on 4th or 5th November but today is 13 November 2016 and My periods are not coming and because of this thing I am in severe depression. In between the dates of 28th October nd 5th October. I was feeling the pain of coming periods but that didn't came at anytime instead something white transparent kind of gel came out of my vagina on regular days till now and very uneven smell is also felt over my undergarment nd in vagina. I am taking eggs, coffee, garlic, hot water for the periods to come but they r appearing as of no use to me. I also took the tablets of regular Forte for one day which guarantees the coming of periods in 24 hours of taking but it didn't work as well. I also took pregnancy tests 4 times at alternative days with the test kits available in the market (PREGA NEWS, Pii- Prega Test, Alere- HCG one step pregnancy test device) but they all delivered negative results with a red-pinkish line on C alphabet. Now I don't understand why my periods are not coming. Doctor. Please Help me out this stressing situation. Exams are on my head and just because of this thing I am unable to do my studies. It'll be a geat help please Help me out of this.
I had sex for last 7 days every night. But nothing happened. Now I am feeling vomiting from tension. And periods have been postponed. What should i do?
Cow Urine Therapy has been in practice for many health problems in India for centuries. In India, cow is a symbol of spirituality and cow urine is not only used in devotional practices, but also comes packed with a bunch of health benefits.
'Kamadhenu' is worshipped for thousands of years as the Goddess who fulfils desire. In Ayurveda, cow is considered as the mother of all entities as the products obtained from cow are beneficial to all mankind in many ways. The milk, urine, curd, ghee and dung obtained from cow are beneficial in different ways as food supplement and medicine. Cow urine or Gomutra destroys the poisonous effects of residues and makes body disease free. The medicinal usage of Panchgavya, especially cow urine is practiced in Ayurveda which is classified as complementary and alternative medicine.
The two Indian epics, Shushruta samhita and Charaka samhita, have described that the consumption of cow urine produces body warmth. In modern medical science, it has been well established that the thyroid hormones are responsible for producing body warmth. The oral administration of cow urine has thyroid stimulating effect and therapeutic value of urinary iodine present in the cow urine is immense. Cow urine or Gomutra contains iodine, which is easily absorbable from the gastrointestinal tract. The mean urinary iodine levels in dairy cows may vary from 79.2 to 94.8 micrograms of iodine per litre of urine depending upon their physiological conditions. Iodine is an essential element to produce thyroid hormones such as triiodothyronine and thyroxine. These are catabolic hormones that generate heat and cause body warmth. It has been proven that the cow urine contains iodine in required level for normal functioning of thyroid gland.
Urinary iodine concentration in cow urine varies depending upon its biological status and it could stimulate the patient's thyroid gland activity on oral administration of iodine. Thyroxine stimulates more oxygen utilization and heat production by many different cells of the body.
During iodine deficiency, the pituitary gland secretes enhanced amounts of thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), which causes compensatory adjustment. This leads in the production of more extensive secretory epithelium which in turn will result in enlargement of the thyroid gland and loss of colloid material in the thyroid follicles. In this scenario, exogenous supplementation of iodine brings back the normal thyroid status.
The administration of cow urine, which contain good levels of iodine, can keep the thyroid gland activity on a better footing. We now have the support of scientific validation for the experience of warming up of the human body after consumption of cow urine or Gomutra.
Not getting your period on the expected date can make a woman nervous, especially if she is not planning a family. However, there is more than one reason for periods to be delayed or to be skipped. If this happens once in a while, you need not worry, but if your periods do not follow any sort of a schedule, you should see a gynecologist at once. Your body may be trying to tell you something. Here are a few of those messages that you may be missing.
- You may be too stressed out: In most cases, irregular menstrual cycles are triggered by high stress levels. Stress makes the body produce cortisol which has a direct effect on the production of estrogen and progesterone. It also interferes in the communication between the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland. This causes the hormone communication system in the body to shut down.
- You aren’t having a balanced diet: Your diet also plays an important role in your menstrual cycle. If you have gained excessive weight recently or indulge in a carb heavy diet, the hormone levels in your body will fluctuate thereby, changing your ovulation date. In order to maintain a regular menstrual cycle, a woman’s BMI should be between 17-22 percent.
- You are exercising too much: Sudden weight loss, excessive exercising and being underweight can also affect the body’s hormone levels just as being overweight affects them. Some hormones are produced only in fatty tissue and a sudden drop in fatty tissues can lower the production of these hormones leading to irregular periods. A sudden spurt of excessive exercising can also drain your body of energy leaving it with no energy to menstruate.
- You may be suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome: Missed or late periods are often also a sign of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Look out for other symptoms of this condition such as weight gain, dandruff or excessive hair growth to diagnose this condition. PCOS needs medical attention so it is best to get yourself diagnosed correctly by a gynecologist.
- Your medication may be interfering with your hormones: Many types of medication interfere with the body’s production of estrogen and progesterone. Even simple over the counter medication can make your periods late by a few days.
- You may be menopausal: Lastly, if you definitely aren’t pregnant and are above the age of 40, you may be turning menopausal. As a woman turns menopausal, ovulation becomes sporadic and in turn influences periods to be irregular as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Sir I aborted my 2 week old child naturally. Sir I want to ask when will I get rid of this ovary pain. Please tell me I am worried.
I have severe stomach ache during periods and I did everything, like I went to doctor took prescribed medicine but still what should I do now.
Hi we are married since 1year and stayed together for 4months only bzc I moved out of city. Now v r going to live together and we need baby. Some one guided me to have sex on 9-12th day for pregnancy. But my question is that if we continue sex after 12th day also how to detect pregnancy? So please adv when to do sex when to stop?
Diet is an important part of any person's life as food that goes in your body is what replenishes the resources lost in a day's work. The wrong kind of food will have adverse effects on the body in all sorts of ways, and that holds especially true for nursing mothers.
A mother, after carrying a baby to a full term, has to go through many hormonal and physical changes, which can be very stressful. After childbirth comes one of the other most important phases i.e. nursing and it is important to ensure that the mother gets proper nutrition during this phase. This is because it is the mother's milk that provides the baby with the required nutrients for growth as well as to build and immune system, which is why it is very important for a nursing mother to have a proper diet.
Let's look at some of the food items that should be consumed during this time:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables - These are important during the nursing period for the mother as she needs to supplement important minerals in her body such as calcium and iron. Green, leafy vegetables are a must.
- Dairy products low in fat - As the mother's body produces milk, certain minerals get drained quicker than others and a direct supplement for them would be dairy products. However, it is important to ensure that their fat content is low as this can add cholesterol and thus, may adversely affect the health of the mother.
- Lean meats - Lean meats are a great source of protein that can supplement many of the minerals and nutrients. However, rich meat-based foods and heavy red meat should be avoided. Chicken in roasted form or tikka form is also healthy proteins that can be consumed 2 - 3 times a week. Fish, especially Salmon fish, is also a healthy and rich source of omega-3 as well as high in protein.
- Legumes - Legumes are a great source of iron, which is an extremely important mineral for a nursing mother. This is also an alternative for vegetarians. Legumes are not only a rich source of iron, they are also high in protein and helps the mother to stay fit and energetic to be able to take on the additional responsibility of her new-born baby.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.