Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sarita KumtaYour feedback matters!
Hello, My just born baby have lumps under nipples. What to do. Is that normal? What should we do for that.
Cosmetic sopas can be used for my 2 month old baby? Which is best sopa to increase good of my baby skin.
My daughter six and half years is suffering from severe cough without phlegm since two years for every fifteen days it starts and prolong for five days. She is asked to do lungs scanning. Is it necessary, and any serious problem is there.
I have a baby son with 1 year 4 month of age. Now i am 4 month pregnant. Is there any problem to breast feeding to my son.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
My Kid is having teeth problem (swallow teeth due to bottle feeding but not know) I have consult the doctor near by they suggested the root canal for 5 yrs old kid is it ok to go for root canal into early age. Bcoz its only a milk teeth.
Hello, My son is 23 months old (Soon 2 yrs old). He doesnt talk much. Just mama papa, kaka, aaoo, kind of 4-5 words. He is smart and eats well. His height has also not increased much in last one year is too late for development milestones? Please tell me if he needs some tests/treatment.
Hello doctor. My child have 4 years uski problem a hai ke night mai jab sotin n.a. Her bar urine kardalti iska koi solution hai KyA doctor jo sotai waqht urine karna chord dai. please help me.
Tips to keep kids teeth healthy and strong:
• Wipe gums with a wash cloth after feeding to avoid plaque that can cause tooth decay
• Start brushing twice daily using soft bristle tooth brush once first primary tooth erupts
• Start using fluoride toothpaste at age 3- use only pea- sized amount. Make sure your child spits it out after brushing
• Try to break thumb sucking and pacifier habits by age 4
• Start flossing as soon as teeth touch/ contact each other
• Until children are able to practice proper oral health habits alone, parents should help their child brush and floss twice a day
• Require children who plays support to wear a mouthguard to protect their smile
• Parents can encourage their teens by reminding them that a healthy smile and fresh breath will help them look and feel their best.
1. Schedule your first dental appointment before child’s first birthday.
2. Start visiting your dentist every 6 months.