Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sarina RelanYour feedback matters!
There are innumerable explanations as to why couples in long-term relationships find themselves in situations when either one of the partner’s starts avoiding sex for a reason the other cannot comprehend.
The explanation for your partner’s behaviour may be due to an underlying medical issue or various emotional or psychological factors. Following are a few reasons why your partner does not want to have sex anymore:
1. Physical factors: Your partner might be experiencing a loss of libido due to physical ailments, particularly ones pertaining to the endocrine and circulatory systems. Disorders such as diabetes, hypothyroidism, heart complications to name a few, affect the hormone levels in the body, which leads to the lack of sexual drive.
2. Psychological factors: Many mental and emotional factors also affect libido in both men and women. Stress and depression, which often cause sleep deprivation, are two of the biggest causes of unwillingness to have sex. Talk to your partner about what the root of the problem is and ascertain what is creating stress and triggering depression. Communication and counselling are the main ways of dealing with such a situation.
3. Excessive masturbation: If a person watches too much pornography and consequently indulges in masturbation frequently, sexual function is automatically lowered when it comes to performing during intercourse. If your partner masturbates too much, simply ask that the practice be put an end to.
4. Lack of affection: When there is a lack of warmth and affection between partners, the desire to engage in sexual intercourse is automatically diminished. Communicate with your companion to determine ways in which you can rekindle love and passion in the relationship.
5. Addiction to narcotics: If your partner has developed an addiction to certain narcotics , such as nicotine, morphine and various anti-depressants, that are known to reduce sexual drive, it could be the reason for not wanting to have sex.
The reasons for developing an aversion to sex are often extremely subjective and complex. Open and honest communications between partners may unravel the problem but in many cases, therapy and medical assistance provides the solution. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
1. What fruits and vegetables should be taken for pregnant women? 2. Can she eat egg/fish/mutton/chicken? 3. What exercise is good for pregnant women?
Dengue is a mosquito-borne disease caused by any one of four closely related dengue viruses (DENV-1, -2, -3, and -4). Infection with one serotype of DENV provides immunity to that serotype for life, but provides no long-term immunity to other serotypes. Thus, a person can be infected as many as four times, once with each serotype.
Dengue viruses are transmitted from person to person by Aedes mosquitoes (most often Aedes aegypti) in the domestic environment.= What are the symptoms of Dengue Fever?
Classic dengue fever, or “break bone fever,” is characterized by acute onset of high fever 3–14 days after the bite of an infected mosquito.
low white blood cell count
The patient also may complain of anorexia and nausea.
Acute symptoms, when present, usually last about 1 week, but weakness, malaise, and anorexia may persist for several weeks.
Some patients with dengue fever go on to develop dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF), a severe and sometimes fatal form of the disease.
= Diagnosis of Dengue Fever
The diagnosis of dengue is usually made clinically.
The classic picture is high fever with no localising source of infection, a petechial rash with thrombocytopenia and relative leukopenia – low platelet and white blood cell count.
= Laboratory Diagnosis of dengue infection
One can get DENGUE FEVER ANTIBODY, IgM & IgG. This is a costly test. From Dr Lal Path Lab, it is costing nearly Rs. 1200.
= Aim of treatment of dengue fever:
• Relieving symptoms of pain.
• Controlling fever.
• Telling patients to avoid aspirin and other nonsteroidal, anti-inflammatory medications because they may increase the risk for hemorrhage.
• Reminding patients to drink more fluids, especially when they have a high fever.
= How to Treat Dengue Fever
• Drink plenty of fluids and get plenty of rest.
• Antipyretics to control temperature. Children with dengue are at risk for febrile seizures during the febrile phase of illness.
• Avoid aspirin and other nonsteroidal, anti-inflammatory medications because they increase the risk of hemorrhage. People generally take Brufen or Combiflam tablets in such fever conditions, these are to be avoided.
• Get platelet counts.
= Prevention of Dengue Fever
– There is no tested and approved vaccine for the dengue.
– Primary prevention of dengue is mosquito control.
= Dengue fever and Homeopathy medicines
In Homoeopathy, we have more than 20 medicines which can be taken based on different symptoms of fever in different stages. I would suggest you to please consult your homeopathic physician or homeopathic consultant for appropriate selection of the homeopathic drug for dengue fever.
I took tab dronis 20, from 10 march, n completed 24 tablets on 2 april to regulate my periods. My previous date was 3 march, n now I got period on 6 april, can you please guide me when can my next periods can be expected. Thanx.
I and my gf had unprotected sex on 4th day of her period (28 day cycle), I made her to eat papaya alot and she had flight journey there after and after 12 days she had spotting, we had sex on that day after some time she bleed heavily, and know when her period is due 1 day I made ger to go through pregnancy test it came out negative, and she must get her period on april 18th, today is april 19th she did not get her period, is there any chances of her getting pregnant? She bleed mid cycle so she might not get her periods in time which one is true? Please give me answer in detail? Thank you!
I had sex few days without any protection and my partner missed to take any contraceptive pills. Is there any way to minimize chance of pregnancy.
I am pregnet women. 6 week hi hue hai mere ko 3 bar last miscarriage ho gaya tha. Lakin is baar na ho iske liye kya karu.
I have started menses at the age 11.5 and starting from it I am facing problem of irregularity. As I have taken treatment after taking medicine it is fine and when I stopped medicine it occurs again no periods come without medicine. Dont know what is the cause I have taken ultrasound but nothing find out.
Hi! I m 18 years old and female. In the month of December I hade my periods but it was not normal means the about of blood flowed out each time, this time was not that same quantity. It was very less n had it for only 2days n s years stopped. N its January n still not got my periods. What should I do? Please help me out.
I am 32 weeks pregnant. I am suffering from uti. Doc give me nitrobact 100 for 5 days. Is ut safe? Pls tell me. Is uti harmful? Now I start to drink lot of water.
Hello 30 year old. My period is not regular from 1 year. My period start 2 month gap. My ultrasound test is normal. Harmon unbalance hai. Please tell me any medicine jisse mere period regular ho jaye. Please. Suman.
Hello Dr, my wife got lot of head sweating and little joints pain due to vitamin D deficiency. Pls help us for cure this problem or treatment need to be taken. Kindly guide us about precautions as she is 5 months pregnant too. Thanks.
Will you please tell me viagra 100 is used for vat purpose. My husband was using this medicine bt he did not tel me ever. Is this have side effects on conceiving baby. Bcz m facing the problem for conceiving.
Technology affects every aspect of our lives including how we date. Today, the first interaction a couple has isn’t over a cup of coffee, but through the internet. While some people swear by online dating others are still vary of it. Like a coin, online dating has two sides; pros and cons. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of online dating.
- Easier way of meeting people: If you’re new to the city, online dating can be a great way of introducing yourself to new people. Even if you don’t find a relationship, you might end up with a number of new friends. Online dating can help you meet new people even if you’ve lived in the same city all your life. It broadens your search and introduces you to people outside your friend circle. You might even meet someone who can help you network better professionally.
- Convenient: Careers can be very demanding and leave a person almost no time to socialise. Online dating helps people who have no time to socialise in person, meet people virtually. Today, most online dating websites and apps have filters through which you screen people. hence unlike when a friend sets you up on a blind date, you already know something about the other person and have something in common with them. Online dating also makes optimal use of time; taking a ten-minute break between work - you can easily scan through dating profiles and find someone you’d like to meet.
- Dishonest profiles: Unfortunately, the internet makes it easy to lie and pretend to be someone you are not. While small white lies like pretending to like outdoor activities when you don’t really care for them are okay, some people may put up profiles that are nothing like their actual personalities. This can make online dating slightly unsafe and hence whenever you meet someone from our online dating world, it is best to do so in a place where there will be other people as well.
- Different understanding of relationships: Not everyone who makes a dating profile is interested in a long term relationship. For some people, this may just be a way of meeting people to have a fling with or to simply make new friends. Online dating makes it difficult to understand a person’s true personality and hence you may not realise that you and the other person have a different opinion about relationships until quite late. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hello, doctor I am 4 months pregnant and I have pcos my gynco gave me this medicine Macgest SR300, FOL - XT etc and when I was 2.5 months pregnant I had very mild abnormal bleeding so my doc gave me Duphaston 10 mg which cost 460 rs which is very expensive she told me to take this medicine thrice in a day when I asked her to give me some other reasonable substitute of this medicine she refused to give me. So doctor pls tell me some othr reasonable substitute of this medicine which is reasonable. Can I tk digest 10 mg instead of Duphaston 10 mg.
The term infertility in females explains a wide range of disorders but in order to simplify things, lets’ just say, infertility in women is a condition in which women are unable to conceive. There are numerous reasons that can be responsible for this situation and although some are preventable or curable, most others have no specific cure or treatment.
One of the most common reasons for infertility is an ovulatory disorder. Almost 30 percent of female infertility is caused due to this reason. 70 percent of such infertility is treatable with drugs such as Reprones/Menogan and Clomiphene. Here is a list of causes of failed ovulation-
Disruption in the complex hormonal balance.
Ovaries fail to produce mature eggs. Polycystic ovarian syndrome is the most common disorder causing this problem. This syndrome has reduced FSH production and increased production of LH, Oestrogen and Testosterone. Suppressed FSH production may cause the partial development of ovarian follicles.
Hypothalamus may malfunction thereby causing the pituitary to malfunction, thus losing control over the process or FSH and LH production.
Physical damage to the ovaries by multiple surgeries or due to the formation of cysts.
A rare case of premature menopause.
Problems of the follicle.
Poor functioning of fallopian tubes
Diseases or disorders in the tube have been another major reason of infertility in women. Almost 25 percent of women infertility occurs due to this reason. Although treatments exist, success rates of the treatments are as high as 30 percent. The causes of tube damage may be as follows-
Infection caused by bacteria or viruses
Abdominal diseases like colitis and appendicitis
Previous pelvic or abdominal surgeries.
A condition called ectopic pregnancy which occurs in the tube, and even if very carefully but successfully overcome, may leave permanent damage.
Rare congenital defects in which women may be born with tube anomalies.
This is the condition where the endometrium expands excessively thereby preventing individuals from getting pregnant. This affects almost 10 percent of the population of infertile women. Almost 40 percent of women with endometriosis are infertile.
Other additional factors may include:
Behavioural factors like personal habits, lifestyle and health factors.
Exercise and diet- extremely overweight or underweight women may have problems in conceiving.
Cigarette smoking reduces the chances of conceiving by one-third.
Alcohol increases the chances of birth defects.
Hence, pregnancy is tougher than it might really seem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.