Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hair Fall
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sarika HolmukheYour feedback matters!
My hair is filled with dandruff. It's so itchy. How can I reduce it? Can you help me with some homemade remedies? Earlier my hair was so strong and very thick but day by day it got reduced and now its so thin. How can I get my hair back?
I am 22 years male facing some serious problem like white hair and hair fall from last 1 year. Please tell me. What should I do?
I have very little beard on my chin, I have moustache. But no beard on my chick, please tell some medicine name which will help to produce my facial hair grow.
I was a patient of mdr tb. Some of my tablets have to change due to effect of its on my body one of them was hansepran (clofazimine) _100 mg. This tablet result to extremely dark in colour of my whole body. I completed the time period of its before 2 month but my skin is same. Kindly advice to me what should I do for recovery of my skin.
Lasers have come as a boon to treat many medical conditions very safely and effectively. They are absolutely indispensable for permanent hair removal, tattoo removal, freckle removal, skin rejuvenation, treatment of birthmarks and many other internal medical conditions. There is a common misconception that lasers are harmful for your skin and can cause skin cancers. This is far from the truth, since lasers are actually used to treat skin cancers and also help in keeping the skin youthful and rejuvenated.
- Lasers use non-ionising light (like red or green light) and not ionising radiation like x-rays or gamma rays. These spectrums of light do not induce cancer formation.
- Fair skinned races are at much greater risk than skin of color. Melanin in darker skin does not allow harmful UV light in sunlight to penetrate through and the risk of skin cancers in darker skin is therefore small with normal sun exposure. Also, common lasers do not use UV light.
- Laser treatments are administered not in prolonged durations but in pulses much less than a second and parameters in the range of milliseconds and microseconds are most commonly used. Prolonged sun exposure is the most common precipitating factor for skin cancers.
- Laser light does not reach any internal organ. In fact, it requires some expertise even to make laser light reach its target just 1-2 millimeters below the skin. This is because melanin pigment in skin blocks laser light from getting through. An expert dermatologist with sound knowledge of skin optics and laser physics is able to achieve this safely and effectively.
- Laser treatments work on the principle of ''selective photothermolysis'. This means that laser light very specifically destroys only the intended target. Thus, a hair removal laser will destroy only the hair roots while leaving surrounding skin structures unharmed. Similarly, blood vessels in birth marks, collagen in wrinkles or scars, abnormal growths and cancers and individual inks in tattoos can be targeted very specifically with lasers without affecting any other structure.
I have problem of lack confidence and my hair is almost white so what I have to do for get back my real black hair?
I am 19 year old boy I have acne on my face I had prescribed many doctor but nothing happen. Kindly help.
I'm loosing my hair from past 7 years. Now my scalp became visible. Only my maternal grand pa had baldness. I don't have any health issues and no medication. I can't afford for PRP and wasted for laser therapy. Scalp is visible (crown and top of forehead. Can I opt for minoxidil 5% for regrowth? What if I stop minoxidil? Can I loose my hair again? Suggest me proper medicines with minimal side effects.
I have several hair problems like, itchy scalp, frizzy hair, split ends, hair fall, front baby hair are stubborn and standing. I want to know which products are to be used in these conditions. Please suggest me a CHEMICALS free products. And also kindly suggest me the diet to be followed for healthy hair. Thank you.
I am 20 years old. How can I get brighten and glowing skin? And how's can I reduce the spots from the face.
I am 20years old and I am female. My problem is about my hair. I lost my hair in one small part. so please help me to what can I do?
It is said that a hand reflects the personality of an individual. A well-maintained manicured hands with skin and nail care talks a lot about a person. Aside from the head and neck, it is also the most exposed part of the body. Whether we like it or not, aging is inevitable and does not spare any part of the body. The hands also lose volume, sag, wrinkle, and tan. The veins become prominent, knuckles jut out, and bones and tendons become stand out. While most people take care of the aging effects on the face, the hands are often ignored. There are even cases where there is a mismatch in the appearance of the hands and the face, causing cosmetic and psychological concerns.
The loss of skin volume can be replaced by restoring the soft tissue, which is achievable by injecting fillers into the hands. These improve skin elasticity, improve volume, and reduce wrinkles. The prominence of the bones and knuckles are therefore reduced, producing a less-aged appearance.
Calcium Hydroxyapatite: This inert, biocompatible, inorganic component prompts collagen production. It has high viscosity and high elasticity and acts as a wonderful filler. It is usually injected alone or after mixing with lidocaine (a local anaesthetic) into different areas of the hand. It blends nicely with the skin and conceals tendons and bones. It requires repetitive procedures and takes about 6 to 18 months for the full effect to be seen. There are minimal side effects including bruising, oedema, and tenderness.
Hyaluronic Acid: The skin contains hyaluronic acid naturally, and with ageing, the amount of it reduces. This provides a matrix for dermal tissue, giving it the elasticity and thickness, which is lost with age. Therefore injecting hyaluronic acid helps improve elasticity and thickness. It increases collagen formation in the underlying layers of the skin and acts as a filler. Recent advances have used injections of cross-linked HA which is more resistant to degradation, thereby producing longer lasting results.
Autologous Fat Injections: Fat from another body area usually the thighs or the upper arms is either freshly harvested or harvested and frozen and thawed. This is then injected into the hands to act as fillers. This requires repetitive procedures, as the results are not sustained. There could also be uneven surfaces with lumps in the hands where fat has been injected. There are also chances of infection and oedema in this procedure.
As noted, there are ways to avoid the ageing effects on the hands. A word of caution, though, whatever the approach you choose, ensure you place yourself in the hands of an experienced, qualified surgeon to take care of your ageing hands!!