Find numerous Pathologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pathologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sarfaraz ChowdharyYour feedback matters!
I am 62 years old. Weight 70 kgs now after maintaining 68 kgs in the previous 2 years. My lipid profile is controlled by taking 1 stanlip 145 mg at night only for last 7 years. For a very marginal sugar level of 130 (fasting) &150 (postprandial), I take Glyciphage SR500 1 after lunch (2 PM) and 1 after dinner (9 PM). But for the above I am normal. I normally do some deskwork on my laptop, watching TV or listening to music and go to sleep after midnight. Coming to my specific problem, I feel bearable pain of 3 in a scale of 0-10. The area of pain starts from about 6 inches to my left from my naval point. If I move my left hand from that point to further left, the pain area extends to another 6 inches or so. The pain exists not on the outer skin surface but approx from one cm from the outer skin inside the slightly hard flesh/muscle. There is zero pain my right side. And completely No pain on the back side if my move my fingers further parallel to the ground, on to my back. When I press with my fingers gently the pain increases to 5 of10. I feel the pain while I turn in the bed. When I sleep turning with my left (pain) portion down and do not move, the pain is not felt. The pain started 72 hours back at around 9 am and continues till now. It is uniform pain of 3 of 10 and has not increased. I do not know what caused it. I remember 2 days before the pain started that when I was moving in the scooter slowly, put my left foot down firmly to stop the vehicle apart from applying the breaks with one pillion. But that was very mild and I doubt if that can be the reason. While working for long hours sitting before laptop, I almost do not feel the pain. Kindly clarify to me the cause of pain for about 72 hours, pls give me a remedy without prescribing a series of medicines or going to doctor immediately. Pls give simple remedies to try and start with. I as a layman, also feel that the pain may just go away naturally in another day or two. I may be right or wrong. Awaiting your response.
I am a 22 year old girl I am often suffering from head ache and vomiting and also suffering from body pain what should I do?
I am 41 years old housewife. I have sometime pain in left arm, sometime pain in right arm, sometime in chest. As I have thyroid and some overweight. Please tell me why this pain occurs after some few intervals, is their any problem with me, and to whom does I consult too.
I have pain in my right leg ankle, swelling is along there, what I have to do for cure. Even after using ointment it reduces and after few days it again started. please provide the solution.
Hi. I am an 18 years old male who suddenly started going to the gym. Recently, I have had a lot of body pain. Could you suggest a natural and at-home method to relieve myself of the pain? Thank you.
Hello Doctor! I am feeling too much of heaviness in my chest and it keeps shifting left, right and centre. I have full body pain also. Please suggest.
I'm 20 years old and I get body pains, cramps very often. What should I do to get rid of these pains? I'm male and normal physique.
My son got severe pain on sunday, it was diagnosed appendices what precaution he should observe and what are the remedies.
Sir mere seene me and kidney ki side me jb tb dard hoti hai halki si nd part ke har part me jb tb dard start ho jati hai to iska kya reason ho sakta hai abhi to meri koi jada age bhi nhi hai.
When I go for an evening brisk walk I get pain in my limbs. Whereas I see many people running and jogging effortlessly. I feel like walking but I get tired.
Mujhe sardi, khasi, sir dard, badan dard, aankho me itching, gale me kharash hai aur jhukaam bhi he.
Hello I am 23 year male I feel so much weakness and I do not have enough stamina to do anything and my body pains what should I do.
I have too much body pain and my eyes are getting smaller and dark circles are also increasing. Whats the reason?
Crossing your fingers can dull physical pain, study finds
Confuse your brain and dull the pain. Thanks, science!
Crossing your fingers confuses your brain long enough to mess with feelings of hot, cold, and pain, a new study has found, offering a brief respite if you happen to sustain a physical injury in the area.
The study makes use of a classic pain experiment called the thermal grill illusion, which involves subjecting the index and ring fingers to heat (40°C/104°F) while applying a cold sensation (20°C/68°F) to the middle finger using special thermal pads.
In the experiment, if a person just touches the hot or cold thermal pads, they will feel only hot or cold sensations respectively. But touching them together creates the illusion of burning heat, as Hannah Devlin explains at The Guardian:
"The illusion works because the hot sensation in the outer two fingers blocks the activity in a certain cooling receptor under the skin and this "inhibition" spills out to the surrounding area of the hand.
Activity in the cooling receptors in turn normally blocks the activity of pain receptors that are sensitive to extreme cold. As a result only mild cold is now needed to produce a painful burning sensation in the middle finger - hence the illusion."
So effectively, the simultaneous heating and cooling creates an illusion because the brain is trying to reconcile a three-way interaction between the nerve pathways that are trying to send it signals about warmth, cold and pain, all at once.
The thermal grill illusion is the perfect solution for scientists wanting to experiment with and research pain sensations in humans, because it creates the feeling without causing any lasting physical damage.
So could people with chronic pain learn to use simple positioning and carefully applied stimuli to dull painful sensations and help them to better live through debilitating disorders? That’s what they are going to try and figure out now. In the meantime,The Guardian has got some great advice to get you through your next barefoot LEGO encounter:
"Previously, scientists have shown that swearing when you hurt yourself is not only a vocal expression of agony, but that it also reduces pain. The study, by the University of Keele, found that when people were free to let rip verbally, they could cope with mild pain for nearly 50 percent longer than those who said neutral words, such as 'table'."
Cursing is the best medicine, apparently.
Common cold as well as flu can give rise to various symptoms like body ache as well as a runny or stuffy nose. These symptoms may also arise as a part of other ailments like allergic cold or hay fever. Mild to moderate fever may be experienced in such conditions. One should be able to treat these symptoms at home so as to be more comfortable until the flu or cold abates. Here are a few ways in which you can treat a runny nose and body ache.
- Rest: One of the first and most important thing that you need to do in such a situation is to take ample rest so that your body gets to rejuvenate rather than getting overworked even in these trying conditions. With the help of sleep and rest, you will be able to feel fresh and the body ache will be reduced as well.
- Diet: To begin with, one will need to drink plenty of fluids in order to remain hydrated. This is one of the most important ways of treating cold and flu as the body can get severely dehydrated due to the ailments. Replenishing the body fluids can ensure that the immunity does not suffer. Also, you should have plenty of soup and vegetables so that your immunity gets a boost even as the digestive system is not overworked with overly heavy food which it may have trouble in processing due to the general weakness of the body. But you must remember to eat well and frequently as the body will not go away unless you put sufficient fuel in your system.
- Steaming: Taking hot water steam with a towel draped over your head can help in treating the runny nose. Ensure that you are sitting down at a sturdy table with the steaming kettle or pan in front of you, so that there are no upsets which can lead to burns and accidents.
- Medication: Along with these measures, you must see a doctor so that the condition may be diagnosed properly. The doctor will also check your symptoms and carry out lab tests in order to ensure that there is no infection at play. Also, the doctor can prescribe medicines accordingly with anti-allergy medication like antihistamines to treat rhinitis and peramivir, zanamivir, or other such drugs to treat the flu. These medicines can also make you drowsy and induce sleep which will help your body in getting adequate rest.
- Emergency cases: If the body ache and runny nose come with other symptoms that persistently grow, you must call the doctor immediately. These include constant painful coughing, tightness in the chest, severe sore throat, vomiting, and persistent high fever.