Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Saraf Vinay VasantYour feedback matters!
I have many acne spots on ma face n I really want to get rid of it. Someone suggested me Desonide lotion to use. Is its safe or will it work. Waiting for your kind reply.
I have ringworm infection spread which has spread to the scrotum area and stomach. What remedy and care to be taken? Please advice.
Sir I am 23 year boy but my hair are going white. I tack medicine liv-50 but no result. What is the proper medicine for my trouble.
Good evening doctor! I am jagadeesh 21y old, From last two days when I went to my own home I was porn to some skin infection like sudden change in skin colour into red patches ,first I feel some itchiness but later there is no itching and irritation, but skin color patches is increasing and decreasing ,actually before reaching my place this skin infection is affected by my parents and some other peoples in that village from them it was transmitted. So please give me solution.
There is a small lump beneath the skin in my right thigh. Although not painful otherwise, on palpitation I feel slight tenderness. The same type of lump found in my lower right abdomen too. What are these? Please advice.
My body is itching from last two days. Is it that bcs I use hard water. So what should I do such that my doesn't itch even if I use hard water or soft water. If there are exercises prefer me rather than tablets. Please make it soon as possible.
My brother haa acne on my back he has tried many ways but they just do not go and the spots are still there. Please suggest any medication for him.
I am 21 years old one of my breasts has become big nd hard to touch and also even I do not have moustache nd beard on my face nd no breast hair too what medicines I should take nd suggest me what should I include in my diet.
I am 27 years old but i am suffering with hair falling so I want to reduce my hair falling and improve my hair what should I do?
I am 19 yrs old female. I am becoming fat day by day and I lost little bit of hair on forehead day by day its increasing. what I have to do?
I am 27 year old n I have thick hairs on my chin, upper lips from 6 year, I am fedup with hair, please suggest me what should I have to do?
Am mohideen and am 26years old. I have hair fall issues. So I want to know how to prevent hair fall.
What do I do to stop hair fall? What do I need to include in my food and what to exclude? How can I take good care of my hair?
I am getting hair loss. My age 24 and male. I was already tried nuzen gold but not satishfied. Please suggest how to avoid this.
I' m from a place where max temp is 25 degree c. Now I recently moved to a place where temp exceeds 40c. I' m having itching in skin. I' m scared! what to do?
Sir mera face par sun tanning se dono galo par dark Kale patches hai mein sunscreens use Karta hu daily phir b dark patches Kaam nahi hore hai. please sir tell same tips or treatment. Takki ye patches Kaam ho. Aur mera face fair dikhe.
A dermatologist is a medical professional who is trained to treat disorders pertaining to skin, hair and nails and genital diseases. Reddened skin, irritation, abnormal patches, blemishes on the skin etc. are the conditions affecting most people at some point of their lives. Hair loss, irritation on the scalp, dandruff, brittle nails are common as well and it is important to see a dermatologist if such conditions persist to prevent any major issue and for the overall well-being of an individual. Here are some very common reasons that drive people to visit their dermatologist.
1. Acne - Acne is the most common skin woe among teenagers and it affects adults as well. Although people tend to self- medicate or use home remedies for treating acne, it is important to recognize its cause. If acne is one's constant reason of embarrassment, it's time to see a professional and get some customized medication.
2. Sun spots or mole - Overexposure to the sun can cause varied skin conditions among which sunspots and sunburns are most commonly seen. If the exposed area develops irritation and red patches, one should seek professional help. An early examination can detect adverse issues like skin cancer. Moles are also very common, some people have moles since birth, and some develop new ones later in life. It is a cause of concern if the mole changes size, color or if it bleeds scabs or pains.
3. Eczema - Eczema is a broad term used to describe certain chronic conditions of the skin. Eczema causes the skin to become red, itchy, dry and swollen. It leads to great discomfort and distress often ruining one's sleep and mental peace. Atopic Dermatitis is a most common form of Eczema usually seen in children. Proper treatment can cause it to subside. If you observe any symptoms of eczema, a visit to the dermatologist is a must.
4. Patches of skin lighter or darker than the normal skin tone - Often some areas of the skin change color and they are not always the result of sun exposure because sometimes the skin can also become lighter. These may be symptoms serious diseases like leprosy or even cutaneous lymphoma, a kind of cancer or a disorder in the connective tissue. A thorough examination will reveal its cause and treatment can be opted for, which will require a visit to a dermatologist.
5. Hair loss - Hair loss may be due to various reasons and a dermatologist is best to treat it.
6. Psoriasis - It is an autoimmune skin disease which causes red scaly rashes on the body. It is important to diagnose and treat it effectively and one should visit a dermatologist for the same.
7. Nail problems - Apart from fungal infection, there are many other conditions which affect nails and the only dermatologist can identify it. So if you have any issues related to nail, consult a dermatologist.
8. Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Unprotected sexual intercourse can predispose one to many sexually transmitted diseases apart from HIV, for example, genital herpes, molluscum, genital warts etc and a dermatologist is well trained for diagnosis and treatment of the same.
Related Tip: Best Summer Hair Care Regimen for Lifeless Hair?