Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saraf Vinay Vasant
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Saraf Vinay VasantYour feedback matters!
I have very bad body odor how do I get rid of it. My underarm are the part that smell the worst and I am very ashamed of it please help.
I have thermal (dark patches) on my body. When I consulted doctor. He advised me to use ketoconazole soap and few tablets. But, the dark patches remains the same without any change. Kindly suggest me a cure for this problem.
As a woman, it can be really very difficult to manage self-esteem and confidence when you suffer from excessive growth of hair on the face and other parts of the body. This condition is excessive hair growth on face and body is known as hirsutism.
Hirsutism is fairly common and mostly results due to excessive production of the male hormones, also known as androgens. Women with excessive hair on their face, chest, back, and other parts of the body have extremely high levels of the hormone testosterone.
But the good news is that hirsutism can be managed and its treatment is well-tolerated in a majority of women with excessive hair growth. The androgen levels are brought back with the help of treatment and do not aggravate unless there is a serious underlying medical condition behind it, including polycystic ovarian disease (PCOD).
Homeopathy treatment for hirsutism is quite popular. Homeopathic remedies work by treating the body as a whole. The homeopathic specialist chooses a medicine for an individual depending on the pathological condition that he or she is suffering from and after a thorough cases analysis and examination of the patient.
Allopathic remedies for hirsutism can be painful, expensive, and traumatic. Additionally, it can cause a number of side effects. Homeopathic treatment, on the other hand, is completely safe and inexpensive and can work magically against excessive hair growth in case of hirsutism. While allopathic remedies work by restricting the functioning of excessive androgens, homeopathic remedies work by stimulating the different glands to secrete hormones in required amounts.
Homeopathy Against Abnormal Hair Growth: Mode of Action
- It reduces the side effects of allopathic medications such as bloating, mood swings, laziness, and breast tenderness.
- It helps reduce genetic susceptibility to excessive hair growth.
- It acts on the different glands to stimulate the production of hormones only in desired amounts and suppresses the production of excessive hormones.
- As a result of proper secretion of hormones, hair growth gets reduced naturally.
- It helps reduce weight, which suppresses the production of excessive androgen and thereby, reduces hair growth.
There are 16 different homeopathic remedies available to treat hirsutism or excessive hair growth in females. Only an experienced homeopathic doctor is able to prescribe a medication based on the severity of your condition, overall physical examination, and genetic predisposition.
PRP Therapy: Hair loss treatment
Advantages of PRP Therapy against hair loss are:
- Simple, non surgical procedure
- Multiple Injections: procedure lasting approximately 60 to 90 minutes
- Safe and reliable results
- Very quick recovery period.
- Beautiful and above all extremely natural looking end results
Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy
- PRP therapy is used in hair restoration for natural looking results
- With a thin needle, your own Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is injected into the scalp. Then the growth factors in your blood cells do their job and hair growth is naturally stimulated.
- PRP Hair Restoration is suitable for both men and women. It is a state of the art, non surgical, totally natural, alternative medical procedure used for the treatment of hair loss or hair thinning. It is an injectable treatment which uses the patient’s own blood.
- Our blood plasma (PRP) contains active growth factors which can promote hair growth. Helping to restore one’s confidence, the end result is a fuller, healthier looking head of hair.
- The cost of PRP hair treatment can be considerable, as more sessions may be needed to obtain the desired result.
- PRP is also being used in conjunction with some hair transplant procedures.
- At this time there is not yet clinical proof that it works, but the results are very promising.
Frequently asked questions about PRP hair treatment:
1. What are the risks?
There is no risk of an allergic reaction with PRP therapy because the enriched plasma has been produced from the patient’s own blood. A concentrated amount of white blood cells make up part of the PRP which are the body’s natural defenders against infections. Infections are therefore extremely rare.
2. How long does PRP treatment takes?
The actual procedure normally takes between 60 and 90 minutes, depending upon the area’s being treated.
3. Do I need to repeat this treatment?
Depending upon the patient’s individual needs and treatment plan, PRP treatment can be repeated until the desired result has been achieved. Our experience shows that regular PRP treatment every 1 to 2 months can be very beneficial.
The PRP Therapy
Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy:
What is it and how does it work?
- The doctor takes a little blood which is then treated in a centrifuge so that only the enriched cells or platelets (PRP) remain.
- The PRP or highly concentrated Platelet Rich Plasma, including essential growth proteins, is injected into the scalp or areas to be treated using a special micro needle.
- It is possible to use PRP Hair Loss Therapy alone to promote hair growth or it can also be used in combination with hair transplant or restoration surgery.
PRP injection hair loss therapy
The PRP injection hair loss therapy is a very natural, innovative method of choice for quality hair restoration.