Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sapna N.jain
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sapna N.jainYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctors, I am 26 years old female-single, I have pcod problem what is the remedy for this. Give a suggestion, thank you.
What will be consequences and side effects if mifepristone and misoprostol had taken without pregnancy and why period is not starting even after 50 days.
Hello doctor I am aged 33 years from guwahati. I got married 7 months back and now plans to have my kid. In this regard I have a question in my mind from last one month we are trying for it usually almost all days. My question is whether there is any effect on progeny formation or conceive for women if the sperm becomes liquidier due to continuous sex for some days.
I have stretch marks on my belly post pregnancy. How to get rid of those? also my breasts are too saggy. How to regain the firmness back?
I got a water bubble in my vagina it's really so paining I could not sleep properly for two days, how can I cure this problem? And how can I prevent this type of problems?
Traditionally, the use of honey stretches back to time immemorial. It is still considered one of the most precious gifts of nature to mankind. Modern research also suggests that honey has unique medicinal and nutritional properties. Honey should be incorporated in your daily diet as it is one food which is naturally beneficial for your overall health and does have any side effects.
Following are the traditional uses of honey, according to ayurveda:
1. Prevents anemia: Honey contains high amounts of iron, manganese and copper which are very essential for building hemoglobin. According to ancient texts, honey is a traditional cure as well as prevention for anemia as it helps in maintaining the optimum level of red blood corpuscles and hemoglobin.
2. Promotes eye health: Honey has been used to treat various eye diseases since ancient times. It is known to improve vision with daily application. It is an effective cure against diseases like conjunctivitis, trachoma or even something as minor as eye itching. It is also beneficial to treat glaucoma in the early stages.
3. Skin care: Ancient texts on ayurveda mention that external application of honey is effective in curing sores or other wounds. It works like an antiseptic and helps to soothe pain and hastens the healing process. It is also used to treat skin burns or carbuncles.
4. Cure for coughs: Honey is extremely useful in treating coughs. It works as a demulcent which aids in soothing the swollen mucous membrane present on the upper respiratory tract. It relieves you from irritating coughs and associated symptoms like frequent spurts of cough while talking and difficulty in swallowing. It is a chief ingredient in ayurvedic cough syrups for the same reason. You can also try honey gargles to relieve pain from throat inflammation.
Miscarriage is the early loss of foetus within 20 weeks of pregnancy. It is also known as ‘spontaneous abortion’. According to research, about 8-20% of the pregnancies end in miscarriage. Out of the total number of miscarriages, 80% of them end within 12 weeks of pregnancy.
Types of Miscarriages and their Symptoms
- Threatened Miscarriage – As the term suggests, in this condition the process of miscarriage might have begun. This is the initial stage of the process. In threatened miscarriage, there is slight bleeding accompanied by cramps and pain in the lower back, which is usually mild. The cervix (the lower part of the uterus) remains closed.
- Inevitable and Incomplete Miscarriage – In these conditions, there is bleeding along with an open cervix. When there is dilatation and thinning of the cervix, miscarriage is inevitable. In incomplete miscarriage, part of the tissue comes out and a part remains inside the uterus. In inevitable and incomplete abortions, the bleeding and cramps are more severe.
- Complete Miscarriage – Complete miscarriage is when the embryo has completely emptied from the uterus. The pain and bleeding reduce once the foetus is expelled. This can be confirmed through ultrasound.
- Missed Miscarriage – In Missed miscarriage, there is no sign of the life of the embryo and there is no expulsion of the embryo. It can be detected from the absence of heartbeat of the embryo found on ultrasound.
- Recurrent Miscarriage – It happens when there are two or three miscarriages one after the other. It affects about 1% of the pregnancies.
- Increased maternal age i.e., women above 35 years.
- Excess or insufficient chromosome in embryo.
- Placenta is the organ which links mother and the baby for blood supply. Problem in the development of placenta can cause miscarriage.
- Excessive smoking and drinking during pregnancy.
- Obese women have higher risk of miscarriage.
- Long-term health conditions like high blood sugar, high blood pressure, liver disease etc.
- Infections like rubella, malaria etc.
- Weakened cervix, which is the result of previous injury or surgery, can also result in miscarriage.
What are the symptoms of a miscarriage?
- Bleeding or spotting can be one of the symptoms of miscarriage. It should be kept in mind that not all pregnant women who suffer from spotting or bleeding, end in miscarriage.
- Lower backache starts before or right after bleeding, which can be persistent or you could have cramps which may be mild or sharp and can feel like more of pelvic pressure.
- Missed miscarriages are detected through ultrasound when the doctor finds that there is no heartbeat of the embryo or when the uterus is not growing.
What are the treatment options in miscarriage?
- Medical – In most of the cases, there are no specific drugs to stop a miscarriage from occurring. In some cases, certain hormonal preparations help. There is no point in prescribing medicines for prevention of miscarriage if there is heavy bleeding.
- Surgery – Dilatation and evacuation (D&E) is a simple operation which is done under general/local anaesthesia. In this operation, the cervical canal is dilated and contents present in the uterus are evacuated. There is no cutting involved as it happens through the vagina. The process needs only five to ten minutes, but the patient has to stay in the hospital for about 3-4 hours.
This process is opted when:
- There is heavy bleeding.
- The patient suffers from missed miscarriage.
What can you do to prevent miscarriage?
Nothing much can be done to prevent miscarriage in most of the cases. However, following supportive measures may help:
- There should not be overexertion during pregnancy. Moderate amount of physical activity is permissible.
- One should have a well-balanced diet. Studies have shown that a diet loaded with fruits and veggies helps in overall well-being during pregnancy. One should limit the consumption of caffeine.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol and certain drugs to prevent miscarriage.
- Avoid stress and anxiety.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
How are we to know increase we are pregnant for 2 weeks? What are the signs that our body will show?
There is. No problem in menses and also. No problem in sperm count We are trying for 2 years still then. Can not conceive baby. Where is. The problem.
My Aunt works all the day and if it were possible to work all the night, she would definitely do that as she doesn't like to take rest from work. She doesn't listen anybody regarding this. As it is necessary to keep her healthy, especially her bones needed to remain stronger, so please tell me how can she maintain her health well. Although she doesn't think about her health, but we need to take steps as per your suggestion.
I am 20 years old My periods are not regular Is it safe to have sex by calculating safe days (infertile days)?
My birth year is 1984 its 9 year to my marriage and I do not have kids I am trying to concieve I have PCOD I have taken metformin tablets but no positive result came yet please advice me and my husband's reports are normal.
I am in very much tension that I have done unprotected sex with my wife and sperm goes inside her vagina but yes after 2 hours of sex I give an ipill to her. So she is secure or not please tell me.
I am a breast feeding mother. My period is not yet come. Its already 5 days later. I am scared about getting pregnancy. My son is five month old. So please advice me, how to avoid pregnancy? Urgently needed your valuable advice please.
I am 22 Years old weighing 34 kgs and height 4'10" I have pcos detected from 5 years. I have very irregular periods. Last month my periods continued for a month with heavy bleeding. After taking one regestrone as directed by my doctor, periods stopped. Now after 15 days on regestrone I again had periods which lasted for 5 days. I had cramps and pain so doctor suggested blood test. They tested LH, FSH and Serum prolactin while I was on my periods. LH levels were 3.88mIU/ml FSH levels were 2.82mIU/ml and prolactin levels were 24.16 ng/ml. Due to high prolactin levels doctor gave me caberlin for a month once a week. Why are my prolactin levels so high? Am I pregnant? Is there any serious issue of tumour in hypothalamus? Do I need to worry and take serious measures? Help me.
I started my period 12th this month but think I'm going be finished today then we be having sex every other day and on 25th and it said that If have it on 14th day that get pregnant as it ideal from first day started period.
I have taken ipill.After taking ipill I am doing toilet with burning sensation. Is dis normal Please suggest me mini pill name
Reproductive medicine has gained a lot of attention recently with its increasing scope and opportunity. This branch of medicine is concerned with improving reproductive health, preventing reproductive disorders, diagnosis of infertility issues and allowing couples to have children when they choose to be parents. The scope of reproductive medicine is based on endocrinology, anatomy and physiology. Here are some things you need to know about reproductive medicine:
Reproductive medicine includes many aspects of human health and other factors. Sexual dysfunction, puberty, birth control, sex education, family planning are some of the factors that it is concerned with it. In women, issues such as ovulation, menstruation, menopause and pregnancy are of immense importance in reproductive medicine.
Methods and techniques
Methods to assess any reproductive abnormality include reproductive surgery, laboratory methods while methods of treatment are prescription of fertility medication, counseling and surgery. In vitro fertilization or ivf has become one of the most effective treatments to enable pregnancy. This treatment allows the examination of the embryo before implementation.
Specialists in reproductive medicine are trained in gynecology and obstetrics which is followed by infertility and reproductive endocrinology. Some of them specialize in urology followed by andrology. Training is also provided for contraception specialization. Usually, specialists in this branch of medicine receive education in particular organizations that deal with only human reproductive disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
Hello Doctor. While making love I rubbed vagina of my girlfriend, I may have also inserted fingers inside. She is virgin. I never inserted penis and it was always very far from vagina. But I may have sperms on my hand but not a lot in amount. Can my girlfriend become pregnant just by this. What are chances of pregnancy. We are very worried. She also has PCOS.
Cervical spondylosis is a problem that affects almost half the adult population and most of the computer users. It affects the joints of the cervical spine. It is a normal process of wear and tear that is related to aging but has struck earlier due to various reasons, mainly related to our modern lifestyle.
While there may not be much that can be done in the allopathic system of medicine to cure this problem, homeopathy has a lot to offer in the treatment of cervical spondylosis or neck pain. It not only relieves the spasm present in the neck and shoulder muscles but also strengthens the muscles. The pain in the neck, shoulders, head and arms is cured permanently. Even the vertigo which is commonly present with the other symptoms of cervical spondylitis is cured. There is no need for taking painkillers or any traction.