Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanyam GadkariYour feedback matters!
My daughter used one tea spoon apple cider vinegar one tea spoon honey one avocado and pinch of cinnamon powder as a paste on her face. it turned red and is burning. What should she do?
The best way to get rid of dark circles is by sleep well and avoid stress and tension. Cocumber is best among all natural ingredients for black circles. It is a natural astringentthat can lighten dark patches on skin.
I wanted to ask that actually since some months back i'm having blemish or small pimples kinda stuff. Amd its very irritating. N though my skin is much fair and not even dry or much oily. Also I had used many tricks n tips. Face washes. Home remedies to treat but still have blemish marks on face. Wht to do for them. Plzz suggest?
I have problem of under eye dark circle from long time. May be 10 to 12 years old. I didn't get result by doing many things. Kindly advise.
Sir I want to improve colour texture of my face and I have black markings on my face. I use several medicines to remove it. So I request you prescribe some ayurvedic medicines.
How can I remove acne. I have badly oily skin. Acne's spots are on my all face ande its looks very bad. Please suggest me solution.
Plz suggests me / us. My age is, 30 nly my colour has gone after my marriage due to unmaintained and some medical treatment. So I want to improve my face colour with glowing as old. Which is good cream to apply our face without any side effects.
Dear madam, I am suffering from stomach ache since so many years, earlier it was occasional once in 3 to 4 months, then recently it became continuous, till I had a pain killer. In 2014 in scanning they mentioned the issue is" prostate size is increased. Last year in another scan they said that" Mild fatty infiltration of liver, small para umbilical hernia 2.8cm contains part of bowel loop" Last month I had one more scan which says that" Grade 1 fatty liver, umbilical hernia detect size 24mm with herniation of omentum" As per the above reports, the size of the hernia decreased, but pain increased a lot. Is surgery is only solution to it? What problems I have to face due to fatty liver, how to overcome? Please advice!
Hi my name is and I am 21years old. I am frm jalgaon. My skin is oily and small pimples on face and spot of pimples. please suggest.
Avarta undereye cream or under eye cream for undereye wrinkles and darkcircles? I have very bad darkcircles! please suggest some really good undereye creams.
I have a dark patch of skin on my forehead since last few years. In recent 2-3 months has grown bigger and darker. There is no itching or pain. Please help.
Hyperpigmentation is a relatively harmless condition, but can affect a person’s self-image and psyche. This skin condition is characterized by dark patches on the skin due to exposure to UV radiation or as a sign of aging. It is caused by an excessive production of melanin in the body. Hyperpigmentation affects people of all ages and with all skin types. However, fair-skinned people are at a higher risk of suffering from this condition than dark skinned people.
This condition can be treated in a number of ways including:
- Laser: Laser treatment for hyperpigmentation improves skin tone and boosts collagen production. With advancement in laser technology, scarring is no longer a very big risk with this form of treatment. Depending on the degree of hyperpigmentation argon or carbon dioxide lasers may be used in with short pulses or long pulses. Treatment can take anywhere between 30 to 45 minutes and is relatively pain free.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels rid the skin of its top most layer and bring new cells to the surface. This gives the skin an even tone and eliminates dark spots and patchiness. A light salicylic acid or glycolic acid peel is ideal for hyperpigmentation treatment. This is often used in cases where the patient’s skin is resistant to over the counter topical treatment. The concentration of active ingredients in the peel depends on the skin tone. Mild skin discolouration and blotchiness can be treated with a superficial peel while age spots and freckles require a medium peel.
- Topical ointments: Topical ointments are usually the first form of treatment for hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone or retinol are the most commonly prescribed ointments. Broad spectrum sunscreen that offers protection against UVA and UVB rays can also help prevent further sun damage and dark spots. Skin lightening creams with soy or niacinamide as active ingredients also help brighten skin tones.
Apart from these forms of treatment, there are also a number of home remedies for this condition. Some of these home remedies are:
- Rubbing a freshly sliced or the juice of a grated potato on the skin
- Applying a combination of cucumber and lemon juice on the skin
- A grated papaya face mask
- Soak almonds in milk overnight and then skin them and puree with the milk. Apply this mixture on the affected areas.
- A mask of guava and banana pulp
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.