Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Santosh S. MaratheYour feedback matters!
Why are testis located outside the abdomen/body? What is their function? How does penis become erect and flaccid?
I am 72 year old male. I am having sore throat for the last one month. Consulted local ENT. He said nothing to worry. He told it is due to acidity and advised me non spicy foods. Shall I gargle with saline water or antiseptic gargle solutions?
I have a sebaceous cyst at neck . Is operation is the only solution or any other.If i neglect the treatment what are the future problems? please help me
There are a number of good bacteria that can help us and the more number of good gut bacteria we keep in our body, the better our digestion gets. Due to this, there is lesser chance that a specific food will trigger a harmful anti-inflammatory response.
- Prebiotic power food: A food that is prebiotic, contains ingredients like fiber that the intestine bacteria feast upon, creating byproducts that are fermented and hence, beneficial for the health. The most powerful prebiotic nourishments are almonds, asparagus, bananas, cereal, garlic, greens (particularly dandelion), kiwi, mushrooms, oats and onions.
- Probiotic power food: Rather than being cooked or eaten crisp, probiotic-rich food items are made in a moderate cooker or in a way that the microbes get a chance to ferment naturally. These food items provide fiber to our gut bacteria. Some of them include curd, kimchi, carrots, green beans, beet root, pickles and Greek olives, fermented soybeans and cultured dairy items.
- Kefir: Kefir, a fermented and somewhat carbonated dairy drink, can add to enhanced metabolic well-being by delivering good bacteria and furthermore helping in the inclusion of vitamins B12 and K.
- Whole oranges: Our gut bacteria ferment the solvent fiber found in oranges and one of the side effects is an unsaturated fat called butyrate. Butyrate is the favored fuel hotspot for the cells that line our GI tract and therefore energizes a healthy digestive system.
- Sourdough bread: This somewhat harsh, chewy bread is made with a lactic corrosive starter that contains parts of lactobacillus, a type of microscopic organisms that includes good bacteria in this bakery item. Sourdough might be the most healthy bread choice.
- Lentils: Lentils can add to our gut’s well-being in a couple of ways. Lentils contain solvent fiber and are additionally a source of prebiotics that feed our current valuable gut bacteria.
- Dark chocolate: The microorganisms inside our GI tract can productively ferment chocolate. These byproducts have been found to be beneficial both, for the well-being of the gut as well as a sound heart. Search for dark chocolate with no less than 70% cacao content.
- Pickles: Fermenting a cucumber into a pickle increases the benefits, loading the crunchy veggie with probiotics. However, not all pickles offer good bacteria. Search for those made with saline solution (salt and water) as opposed to vinegar.
- Sauerkraut: Another fermented sustenance is called sauerkraut. It is also known as fermented cabbage and acts as a vehicle to take healthy probiotic bacteria to the GI tract. Make sure to search for newly made sauerkraut (it will be in the refrigerated area) and not the canned ones.
- Butter: Butter is a source of butyrate in our diets that occurs naturally. Dishes that contain butyrate may likewise enhance intestinal boundary function and enhance general gut health. Search for butter from grass-fed cows.
Hi Doctor, I had protected sex with online gay frnd on 28th Oct 10. 30 pm. But after sex found rashes on the body and I'm scared about it. During sex I used condoms for penetration and did anal sex, however we had oral sex also, the gay frnd gave me oral sex. So my concern is whether I will be infected by HIV. I'm having sleepless nights and wanted to get PEP TREATMENT.
For. E.g I am suffering from dry cough for the lost 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done.
After taking the paracetamol and antibiotics for fever and joint pain I am feeling bitter taste always in my mouth moreover my all gums gets swelled and white patches also seen. On around and below my neck red spots also emerging. Please suggest should I switch to homeopath. Please also suggest any doctor near New Ashok Nagar New Delhi.
I'm 24 years old and female. Hi docs, im having desi haldi milk (buffalo milk) evry night about 250 ml. And also having curd in the afternoon for about 3-4 tbsps in the form of raita (curd+onion+garlic cloves+radish+coriander leaves+tomato). 1.) One of my friend told me to avoid dairy products as it leads to acne. Is it true? 2.) And with these two foods am I getting enough calcium daily?
Daily use of hydroquinone+tretinoin+mometasone furoate cream in face do cause any side effects? Is it ok if I use this cream for life time?
I had problem of acne on my face. It has been happening for six years in regularly. Specially on nose it remain for long time Also problem of itching in whole body for short time specially in contact with sunlight or in condition of depression.
Nerves visible on testicles. On touching testicles one side nerves covering one testis are visible and one side of testicle is lowering downward then the other. Is it due to excessive masturbation. Can it be cured or it is a permanent disease. Whether my friend is suffering from epididymis? Please tell me the solution to the problem please. My friend ejaculate in 2 min. Whether he has become impotent. Any home remedies. Please doctor do reply.
Hello sir, I am about to get married since I hv seen adds of radiance to get brighten skin in few months so can I use that ? I have leukoderma over my eye.
To begin with, what is binge eating? Binge eating is a tenacious temptation in your brain that rears its head every time you are bored or overwhelmed. This temptation literally overpowers all other thought processes to make you reach out for food that you know you do not need. And then, guilt, disgust, frustration and heavy dieting starts! Sounds familiar? Well, you may just be a victim of binge eating. So what can you do about it? Plenty! Here's our list.
- Emotional Hunger: Learn how to listen to your body. This is a way of bringing your mind and body in alignment by being aware and mindful. As soon as you feel a hunger pang, stop and think: is it emotional hunger or is it actually your snack or meal time? Once you learn to distinguish between the two, it is a matter of making a habit out of distracting yourself from emotional hunger by taking up a hobby or a pleasant activity that will also make your brain work in a different direction.
- Focus on your Food: Usually, binge eating happens around unhealthy food that will give your taste buds a temporary kick. This kind of food is generally fatty, fried or sweet. So next time, focus on what you are eating. If you are eating a healthy, regular meal, then focus on the fact that you are doing something positive. This greatly defeats the cause of binge eating as you will chase the positive feeling rather than looking for temporary gratification which leads to more permanent guilt later.
- Regular Meals: Eating your meals regularly at fixed times also dulls the temptation to binge. Regular meal times also set your biological clock and hunger ticking at the right times. If you avoid eating at meal times, then your mental hunger can get mixed up with a need for instant energy that your body requires due to a missed meal. This will make you reach out for unhealthy food in unhealthy portions.
- Maintain a Food Diary: Keeping a food diary of everything you ate during the week and then going through it later will give you a lot of perspective on what you are doing wrong and how you can avoid the same.
Distancing yourself from wrong food and portions, and digging deeper into the emotions that trigger chronic binge eating may be answer you are looking for!
Related Tip: Oats - Why you should eat them?