Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Santosh Palkar

MBBS, MS - General Surgery, DNB - Urology/Genito - Urinary Surgery

Urologist, Mumbai

36 Years Experience  ·  800 at clinic
Dr. Santosh Palkar MBBS, MS - General Surgery, DNB - Urology/Genito - Urinar... Urologist, Mumbai
36 Years Experience  ·  800 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage....more
I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage.
More about Dr. Santosh Palkar
Dr. Santosh Palkar is one of the best Urologists in Mumbai, Mumbai. He has helped numerous patients in his 36 years of experience as a Urologist. He is a qualified MBBS, MS - General Surgery, DNB - Urology/Genito - Urinary Surgery . You can consult Dr. Santosh Palkar at Joy Hospital in Mumbai, Mumbai. Book an appointment online with Dr. Santosh Palkar on has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 28 years of experience on You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MS - General Surgery - BOMBAY UNIVERSITY - 1986
DNB - Urology/Genito - Urinary Surgery - National Board of Examinations, New Delhi - 1990
Professional Memberships
Urological Society of India (USI)


Book Clinic Appointment

Joy Hospital

#423/Ab, Siddharhram, 10Th Road, Chembur. Landmark:Opposite Chembur Post Office, MumbaiMumbai Get Directions
800 at clinic

Nova Specialty Surgery - Chembur

Sunder Baug, Ujagar Compound, Gate Off. Sionâ??Trombay Road, Deonar, Chembur. Landmark: Opp. Deonar Bus Depot Main & Near Tata Institute Of Social Sciences, MumbaiMumbai Get Directions
800 at clinic

Joy Hospital

#423/Ab, Siddharhram, 10Th Road, Chembur. Landmark:Opposite Chembur Post Office.Mumbai Get Directions
800 at clinic

Apollo Spectra Hospital

Sunder Baug, Ujagar Compound, Off. Main Gate, Sion?Trombay Road, Landmark: Opp. Deonar Bus Depot & Near Tata Institute Of Social Sciences, MumbaiMumbai Get Directions
800 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Santosh Palkar

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Hlo I have stone in my kidney its size is 9mm can it be removed by drinking water or some kind surgery is necessary for removal.

Homeopath, Howrah
There are chances of removal of stones of 8 to 9 mm by homoeopathic medicine. Unless you have any other complaints or symptoms like pain, severe hydronephrosis, pedal oedema. Drink lots of water regularly.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have to know a kidney stone pain create at my back bones I getting pain back bones as periodic between 15 to 20 days I had two kidney Stone at left side kidney. Ones has follow down by tamsulosin get that tab as urologist advice.

PG Diploma in Emergency Medicine Services (PGDEMS), Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), MD - Alternate Medicine
Ayurveda, Ghaziabad
Take shool gaj kesari ras twice a day..take gokshuradi guggul & punarnavadi mandoor 1-1 tab twice a day...pranacharya U through capsule and syrup twice a day...drink lots of water....avoid spinach...tea and coffee..tomato...lady finger etc...
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Blood sugar fasting is 184 and pp is 340. Creatine is 1.6 mg/DL and HBA1C is 11.3% what should I do to control diabetes and kidney failure. Is it possible to treat kidney failure at initial stage.

M.Sc - Dietitics / Nutrition
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Mumbai
Yes, with tight control of sugars you can delay the onset of renal problems. This requires a comprehensive planning and a holistic approach .Diet along with stress busters and medications can help you tackle the issue very effectively. I have seen and done this for many of my patients.
4 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir. My fathers 51 years old. He is suffering from kidney stone problem. 12 urethral places but he his taking more medicine but stone problem not solved. This problems 2 years old he. Bahut medicine use ki par koyi effect nahi huva. Sir.plz tell me sir.

MD - Homeopathy, BHMS
Homeopath, Palakkad
Most of allopathic medicine contains side effects. Take following homoeopathic medicines for just 3 to 5 days. Sure stone will come out. 1. Berberis vulgaris 30 4 pills 3 times 2. Sarsaparilla 30 4 pills 3 times 3. Mag phos 200 4 pills 3 times 4. Lycopodium 200 only 2 dose. No side effects in homoeopathic medicines. 100% rapid and good results from my private practice experience. Drink minimum 3 to 4 litres of water daily. Avoid coffee and soft drinks completely. Let me know the result after 5 days. Please do ultrasound scanning abdomen and pelvis after 5 days after taking homoeopathic medicines.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I need sugestion from homeopath doctor. I am 32 year old man & nowadays I am suffering from anal fissure from last 2 months. Kindly give your suggestions. Thanking you in advance

Homeopath, Secunderabad
Hi , we have an excellent medicines in homoeopathy to cure anal fissure permanently. With these medicines symptoms won' t appear in future. Better to take rich fibre foods like spinach, papaya, watermelon, coconut etc. Drinks 8-10 glasses of water per day. Along with medicines.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 26, years old I don't have left kidney I try for pregnancy 3 years complete marriage life.

General Physician, Nashik
You can get pregnant with one kidney. Kindly mention if you have any other known medical conditions.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have diabetes from past 18 years and also have kidney problem Now suffering from diabetic neuropathy leg selling is not getting reduce I consulted doctor and took medicine but its not getting reduce how can I get rid of it.

General Physician, Mumbai
In a known case of diabetic we need to control sugar levels with medication, aerobic exercise and following a diabetic diet and leg swelling can be due to kidney disease or congestive cardiac disease or improper blood circulation and which needs rest and first confirm the diagnosis and than decide the plan for treatment accordingly.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hii. I m Rehaz Ansari. In my kidney 6.6 mm stone and back side so paning pls suggest me how can I m doing this prob.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hi, There is no need to go under surgery for right renal calculus.So don't worry and take the below given homoeopathic treatment:- Take Homoeopathic medicine Berberis Vulgaris Q, 15 drops with water twice daily. Hydrangea Q, 15 drops with warm water once daily in the after noon. Take Ayurvedic medicine Neeri syrup , 2 tsp twice daily. Take Cantharis 30, 5 drops once daily in the morning. Revert me after 7 days. ****Most important Drink plenty of water .*****
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Homeopathy in Prostate Problem

Homeopath, Sagar
Homeopathy in Prostate Problem

The prostate gland is a very important gland in the male reproductive system. It is responsible for producing around 30% of the fluid which comprises semen. While the statement that homeopathy cannot treat problems in the prostate such as prostate cancer is true, it is untrue that prostate gland enlargement cannot be treated by homeopathy.

Here are the most common homeopathic remedies for prostate gland enlargement and what are the medicines best suited for it:

  1. Baryta carb: Baryta carb is one of the best homeopathic remedies for prostate gland enlargement in the elderly. Common conditions which may indicate that Baryta carb is the best remedy for your prostate gland enlargement patient include degenerative diseases such as losing memory, cardiovascular problems and other problems besides losing memory in the cerebral system. 
  2. Digitalis: Digitalis is mostly used when the patient suffering from prostate gland enlargement also suffers from heart problems. Digitalis does make the pulse weak, slow or even intermittent, however it is worth note that oedema may also occur. 
  3. Staphysagria: Staphysagria is one of the best homeopathic medicines for various pains which occur in the urinary system in addition to prostate gland enlargement. Common pains which staphysagria cures include pain while urinating, burning sensation in the urethra, feeling like the bladder is not completely emptied as well as pain in the urethra when one is not urinating.
  4. Conium: Frequent urination is yet another symptom of prostate gland enlargement. This problem is caused by an injury to the area where the prostate glands are located. This injury hardens the glands.  The passage of urine will be extremely difficult with urine starting to pass and then stopping again. There is also dribbling of urine after completion of urinating.
  5. Sabal Serrulata: Sabal Serrulata is one of the most popular homeopathic medicines for prostate gland enlargement with many patients having consumed it reported great results. It works for most causes of prostate gland enlargement as well.

Even though homeopathy is supposed to have no side effect, it is still imperative that you consult your doctor about which ones to take.

4478 people found this helpful

Four months passed turp. Urine is clear. Urine flow is slow. Urine passes slowly. Penis is not standing. Sir suggest me.

MBBS, DNB (General Surgery), MNAMS (Membership of the National Academy) (General Surgery) , Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery, Fellow of Indian association og gastro intestinal endo surgeons
General Surgeon, Ghaziabad
Urine being slow may be due to preexhisting effect on urinary bladder due to prostate before surgery or may be due to other causes like urethral stricture or urinary infection. Uroflowmetry and urine routine test will help in finding the cause.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

HI i am having uti infection and only in the morning. When I drink warm water so the whole day I feel comfortable. suggest me what is the sign and symtoms for.

General Physician, Delhi
Uti can present with fever, discomfort or burning mixture toon, slitting pain while micturition. Feeling of urine retention.
1 person found this helpful

I have frequent urination when urine is stored a little amount I have pain in my lower pelvic and back pain and itching in vagina but no infection in urine culture what can I do pls help.

M.B.B.S, Post Graduate Diploma In Maternal & Child Health
Gynaecologist, Bokaro
You should not delay urination unless there is no alternative. This frequent urination can slowly lead to urge incontinence. There is an exercise to control bladder movement along with a medicine for long term use. Since you do not have infection, there is no point in taking antibiotics. An USG of lower abdomen will be required in due course if things do not improve. Contact me for details.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My husband suffers from kidney stone. Stone size is approx 90 mm. What kind of treatment suppose to take? please suggest. Also suggest diet.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Panchkula
The size of the kidney stone must be 9 mm. The kidney stones can be treated successfully. The diet should be strict with low fats and the fruits and vegetables eaten should be seedless. E.g. Disacrd the seeds of guava, tomatoes, brinjal, etc. Mushrooms, kaddu, cauliflower, black grapes, chikoo, spinach, etc. Should be avoided or taken in very less less quantity. He should consume lots of water daily. Not all the kidney stones are alike, there treatment is diffeent. There location in the kidney (upper/ middle/ lower part) is also imporatent for the purpose of treatment. So home remedies and treatment of the renal stone will work on the type of the stone. Though Pattharchat juice/ patta ajwain - 10 mL should be taken daily two times empty stomach. Refrain from alcohol.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am having burning in urine after finishing. And also having severe acidity. Let me know sir what's should I do. Regards Awnish.

Homeopath, Pune
Dear lybrate user intake of water should be increased avoid fasting for long duration, take homeopathy medicine nux vomica 200 twice a day for 5 days. Revert back thanks.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have urine infection and I have got 3 prescription and my pus cells result was 6-8 but still I am not better I do not know what to do.

B.A.M.S., M.D.(A.M), EX-M.R.C.G.P., EX-M.R.S.H., EX-M.S.I.E.C.U.S, EX-M.S.S.S.S.
Sexologist, Mumbai
For Urine infection. Get yourself checked for diabetes. You may take tab. Chandraprabha bati, 2 morning & 2 evening for 1 month & cap Doxi 1 one morning and evening. Fr 7 days Avoid non-veg, chilly & spicy food drink plenty of water. If pain is not relieved within 10 days, then go for following tests: CBC, Urine Routine, BSF, BSPP, HB1AC, & Sonography of KUB.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 61 years old male. I have prostrate and had been taking" tab Alfoo 10" mg for the last eight years. Whenever some pressure is applied on the lower abdomen, especially during defecation, there is ejaculation. There is ED problem also. Kindly advise me in the matter.

General Surgeon, Gandhinagar
Respected lybrate-user hi avoid straining at stool avoid oily spicy nonveg stuffs. Have more liquids green leafy veg fiber fruits curd for better digestion. For ed have cap tentex royal mor & eve with milk for 30 days then consult dear thanks regards.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Mujhe toilet kuch month se baar baar har 5 min ma aa rahi thi mane ,MD, MBBS, PHYSICIAN Dr. Ko dikhaya sabhi na apni apni medicine de blood hametology, Urine R/M, Urine culture, USG ABDOMEN KARAYA sabhi ke report normal aaye 2 times . Phele mujhe sirf toilet jayada aati thi mane MD. Dr. Ko dikhaya unhone 7 days ke medicine de bole urine infection hai , par unki medicine se mujhe toilet aur jaldi jaldi aane laga ,Phir mane PHYSICIAN ko dikhaya unhone bole shayad koi stone ho aur wahe urine track ke nali ma atak gye ho , unki medicine se bhi toilet ma kuch khass antar nahi para , Mane phir MBBS Dr. Ko dikhaya unhone sabhi test dekha phir UTI ke medicine de usse kuch time aram raha phir unhone urine culture and baki, blood test ,USG dubara karaye unki medicine se mujhe kuch rahat tho hai par puri tarah se nahi . Phele mujhe sirf toilet baar baar aati thi ab hamesa lagta rehta hai ke toilet aa rahi asa MD. Ke medicine lane ke baad suru hua ab ma toilet karke aata hu phir lagta hai 2 se 2 bud toilet reh gya jao tho wahi jor lagane par 8 se 10 bud. Mujhe nend aa jaye tho koi problem nahi hote . Jab ma nend se jagu tho khare hone par toilet mehsus hone lagte ya walking karu tho mehsus hone lagte hai Phir mane online urologist se sampark kiya unhone bataya stress inconsistency ho gye hai Mane jis day se eske bare me net par read kiya usi samye se meri 50% bimari khatam ho gye Ma 3 days bilkul sahi raha kal achanak se toilet jaldi jaldi aane lagi aur toilet mehsus hone laga jase toilet aa rahi ho Ma morning me fresh hone jata hu us time toilet ma koi burning jesa nahi lagta par afternoon ma lagta hai Mujhe kya bimari ho gye hai please tell me urologist I want your help.

MD - General Medicine, DTM & H
Internal Medicine Specialist, Motihari
Most probably you are suffering from interstitial cystitis. You should go for urethro-cystoscopy for evaluation. May take tablet Amitriptyline 25 mg at bed time for three to four weeks.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hii I am 27 year female still unmarrird I feel bad smell in urine from last 1year please help me out

FIMSA, MD-Nephrology, DM - Nephrology, Critical Care Medicine, MBBS
Nephrologist, Delhi
In many cases bad smell is from the vagina & private parts & not from the urine. Maintain good cleanliness of private parts, ensure cotton undergarments. Drink plenty of water & liquids. Exercise regularly.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I hav problem with my pennies. I cont get the front of my dick out of my skin. I hav a small hole to urine urin n other. Is that gets eny problem in my feature. Should I consult doctor.

Felllow in Endourology, MCh Urology, MRCS, MS, MBBS
Hi, you are probably having tight foreskin (phimosis). Please get yourself examined by a urologist. If it is left untreated, it can lead to skin infection, urinary infection or very rarely even penile cancer. In early stages it can be treated with local ointments. If severe, it may need a small surgical correction.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed