Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Santosh Palkar
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Santosh PalkarYour feedback matters!
Very good doctor... And this app has helped me to get appointment..
Now my age is 21 .i have doubts about my disease. I have skin disease from 6-7 years. When I went coaching for 8th class .there I am hostel student.In That school in food like rice. Chapatti. They were mixing soda. I am eating. Within 20-25 days. In my chest, back, both shoulders got skin disease. Small small pimple like structure with white colour liquid .then I had done. I rubbed them and with my nails I tried to out the white colour liquid. And sudden blood came. And after it became dark colour. In both hands. Shoulders. Back and cheat dark dark colour. And also I will do masturbation from 7th class. I am so much afraid for my skin. Give solutions.
I am 28 years old and I have skin problem that means rough ,rud skin problem then which cream is used for that problem please tell me I am waiting for yours answer.
Vitiligo is a skin disorder where white patches of depigmentation develop on the skin and keep enlarging. This disorder is long term and continuous in nature. The patches appear due to the death of melanocytes within the skin. Melanocytes are skin pigment producing cells, which produce melanin. Vitiligo can affect the skin of several areas, including the eyes, hair and the portion inside the mouth.
The causes of this disease are as follows:
- Autoimmune disorders in which the immune system of a patient becomes over reactive and the melanocytes are destroyed.
- This disease may also occur due to genetic oxidative stress imbalance.
- Stressful events may also lead to vitiligo.
- Harm or damage to the skin from sunburns or cuts also leads to vitiligo.
- Exposure of the skin to several harmful chemicals may be a cause.
- Neural disorders are also responsible for vitiligo.
- Vitiligo may also happen from viral causes or may be hereditary and passed on from family members.
Vitiligo has only one major symptom. White, flat spots and patches develop on the surface of the skin. The earliest of these white patches appear on the parts of the body which are exposed to the sun continuously.
It starts off as a simple spot in the beginning and gradually, the spot starts getting pale and finally turns white. The patches have irregular shapes, and in some cases the edges get inflamed and are red in color. Itchiness is experienced in the affected areas. Symmetrical patches signify slow development of vitiligo.
The two major types of vitiligo are:
- Non segmental vitiligo, which affects the back of the hand, the arms, knees, elbows, feet, mouth.
- Segmental vitiligo, which is more stable than non segmental vitiligo, but spreads faster. It usually affects areas of the skin, which are attached to nerves.
The different methods of treatment for vitiligo are:
- Phototherapy with UVB and UVA light: Exposing the affected area of the skin to UVB lamps is a popular cure for vitiligo. This treatment can be performed easily at home. UVA treatment incorporates taking of a drug which makes the skin more sensitive to ultraviolet light and then the skin is exposed to high doses of UVA light.
- Skin Camouflage: Cosmetic creams and makeup can be used to camouflage affected areas of the skin. These topical creams are waterproof.
- Depigmentation: Depigmentation is used to treat widespread areas affected by vitiligo. The skin color of the unaffected areas is reduced in order to match the affected areas. It is done using topical ointments.
Vitiligo is a skin disease, the major causes of which are still to be discovered. Proper care and treatment should be taken for skin areas affected by vitiligo.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Pilonidal sinus disease results in the small tunnel formation in the skin. It occurs at the cleft on top of the buttocks. Such a sinus gets filled with dirt, hair and debris. It has a tendency of becoming infected and may ooze out pus as a result. Once this happens, the sinus may emit a rotten odour if not treated. People who spend a majority of their time seated are at a greater risk of suffering from pilonidal sinus.
Signs and Symptoms of Pilonidal Sinus
You need to be aware of certain signs and symptoms of such a disorder so that you can begin treatment as soon as the problem occurs. Here are some of them-
- Extreme pain while sitting or standing
- The reddened sore skin around the area
- Swelling of the sinus growth
- Pus and blood draining from the cyst, which causes a foul smell
- Hair growth from the sinus
- The appearance of more than just one hole or sinus on the skin.
- In rare cases, a mild fever may also accompany the appearance of the cyst.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Pilonidal Sinus
Conventional forms of treatment for Pilonidal sinus are reliable, but they may cause a few side effects. This is why patients suffering from the condition often consider Ayurveda. The main objective of such treatment is to bring balance between the three doshas, namely, Kapha, Pitta and Vata.
Pilonidal sinus is also referred to as Nadi Vrana in Ayurveda. The best way to treat the condition is through Kshara Sutra Therapy. In this form of the treatment, the threads used are first smeared with beneficial herbs.
This thread is then placed inside the sinus. After 7 days the thread is changed with a new one. This procedure may take anywhere between 4 and 8 weeks. This treatment is not only used to treat the sinus but also helps with the formation of new tissues.
Apart from the medication, patients suffering from such a sinus will need to maintain a proper diet and lifestyle. For instance, ditching oily and greasy foods and incorporating fruits and green vegetables into the daily diet can be immensely helpful against Pilonidal sinus. Apart from the diet, patients should also lead an active life to minimize risk of the disorder. Walking a couple of kilometres every day will also help you fight complications from the same. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!