Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Santosh GosaviYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years male. I have sexual problem that my pennis is not growing, it is very small as children, the skin is not expanding. The whole skin is at the tip of the pennis only. Please tell me the better solution.
My mouth always smelling due to which I have hesitation to talk face to face with another person, please, help me! why this is regularly happened after brushing daily.
I lost somebody close last year and after that I can't sleep properly is taking medicine will help me.
Hi My friend has only one testicle. So he is worried becoz he is going to be married. does it will effect his sexual life ?
Do you feel your stomach bloat after meals? if you notice, this doesn't happen after every meal? only at times. And at other times when you eat specific foods. Well, there are foods cause your stomach to bloat, so the wise thing to do is to know about them and avoid them!
Here are a few of the biggest criminals:
1. Cold drinks: yes, these carbonated drinks have numerous side effects on your health. One of them is that they bloat your tummy. Beer happens to fall in this category too.
2. Dairy products: for the lactose intolerant, dairy products are almost like poison. The intolerance can be mild, moderate of severe, but one of the symptoms is gas. You can try to limit your consumption of dairy products.
3. Apples: apples and pears are known to contain high percentage of fiber. While they are important for us and should be eaten, if is good to know that they can affect sensitive tummies. Eat bit by bit, and if it helps, peel the skin and then eat.
4. Few veggies: while they are excellent health foods, asparagus, cabbage and broccoli are vegetable which cause gas in the stomach, which in turn leads to bloating of the tummy.
5. Sodium: sodium is also another reason for bloated tummies, so it is advised to limit salt intake.
6. Fast foods: fast foods like sausages, fried foods, ice cream, sweetened products, etc are known to cause the belly to bloat.
7. Rice preparations: rice is known to swell up inside the stomach once it gets water, hence making the stomach feel bloated.
8. Hard drinks: alcohol is also said to add on weight near the stomach and make it feel bloated.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
Hello! Doc this is shiv from Delhi INDIA. Actually I am suffering form vitamin B12 Deficiency. I came to know this when I tested B12 test. It was negative result. My serum vitamin B12 level is 182.2 pg/ml out of 150-900 biological ref interval. Please suggest me, what should be done?
My waist pains frequently for over 1 year. I do not feel to go to bathroom. I sit for 10-15 minutes but able to excrete.help me
My daughter is 3 years old she is suffering cold and cough please give your suggestion wat r precautions to be taken.
Hi, i'm a 20 years old and I get these blinding headaches every now and then wish you could help me out on this doc! Thank you!
Diarrhea occurs when the body is expelling germs out of it. An episode of diarrhea can last anywhere from a couple of days to a week. Dehydration, cramps, vomiting, nausea and fever often accompany diarrhea. Usually, children tend to get diarrhoea more than adults.
Diarrhea treatment according to causes behind it
- Treating diarrhea due to infection: Some common causes of diarrhea include infection from rotavirus, salmonella (a type of bacteria) and rarely giardia (a type of parasite). In children, virus is a common cause of diarrhea. Besides watery or loose stools, viral gastroenteritis infection symptoms include fever, headache, stomach ache and vomiting. Gastroenteritis diarrhoea can last for 5-14 days. During this time, fluid loss must be prevented. In younger children, oral rehydration solution (ORS) or breast milk is enough. Just feeding them water won’t replenish the potassium, sodium and other nutrients they lose. Older children, to prevent fluid loss, can be given ORS and popsicles to counter dehydration and vomiting.
- Treating diarrhea due to medications: Antibiotics or laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the diarrhea is mild, make sure your child is hydrated. If the antibiotics are causing diarrhoea, you need to continue medication, but do consult a doctor immediately.
- Treating diarrhea due to food poisoning: When it comes to food poisoning induced diarrhea, the same method as countering infection-induced diarrhea should be followed. Keep your child hydrated and call your doctor.
Diarrhea and children - recognising dehydration
The most serious complication of diarrhea is dehydration, especially if the diarrhea is severe. Severe dehydration is critical as it can cause brain damage, seizure, even death. Your child may need immediate medical attention, if you notice the following symptoms:
- Light-headedness and dizziness
- Sticky, dark mouth
- Dark yellow urine
- No or few tears when crying
- Dry, cool skin
- Loss of energy
When should you visit a doctor
Diarrhea resolves within a few days, but it can have serious complications. Call your doctor if you notice signs such as:
1. Looks very sick
2. Diarrhea has persisted for more than 3 days
3. Your child is less than 6 months old
4. Your child is vomiting bloody yellow or green fluid
5. Seems dehydrated
6. The fever reads above 105 degree Fahrenheit
7. Bloody stools
9. Stomach pain persists for more than 2 hours
10. Infrequent urination