Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SannidhiYour feedback matters!
What all can be included in a 4 years old boy's diet to keep him healthy n hearty. He gets angry very easily n cries very often otherwise my son is very nice n naughty. Due to household stress I also at times scold him n slap him may b this is the reason?
My daughter is 3 years old. Problem is she is very mischievous not listening to anyone. I now have a younger son who is just born. She sometimes try to hurt son. Also she sleeps very late at night sometimes viewing you tube kids videos. Should I consult a child psychiatrist for any medication? I recently heard a tv program about child psychiatry in which children high in ADHD are very mischievous.
Hello doctor, My daughter is 5 years and having chronic issue with passing stool. They are very hard, large and looks like goat pellets. She is suffering due to pain everyday. She is passing stool everyday but it's just that very hard and large in size. Please give me home remedies or medicines name. My husband is not ready to take her to hospital blaming on me that I have to give lot of fibre. But I do cook lot of veggies and give fruits like Apple, guava and dry fruits like Walnut and raisin. But no changes. I have reduced giving milk since I read that high milk level could be a cause. God will bless you. Please save my child.
My son is 2.5 years old. He has weak digestion and lost of appetite. Can I give him Liv-52 syrup? Or any thing else you suggest , what I should follow.
Why at the age of 9 months baby get frightened /start crying by the presence of many people i. E. When witness a party or marriage function?
Mangos are good for health or not 2 yers baby we have given to mangos then which type of health issues we have faced.
What is the best age to start yoga for children? Will yoga help in controlling the Attention Deficit Syndrome in children? How to handle this tendency among children. Kly advice. Tx. Rao
What should be the food for 2 and 1/2 years old in case of diarrhea. Also, can boiled potato with a pinch of salt can be given?
I am a breastfeeding mother of 9 month old. I have PCOs and looking to reduce weight. Can I drink detoxing Sassy Water while breastfeeding?
Along with the baby, the mother also benefits physically and emotionally from breastfeeding. Due to the release of the prolactin hormones, a peaceful and nurturing sensation fills the mother.
Hi doc, my 45 days old son is around 4.2 kg and his birth weight is 3.4 kg. Doc told his weight gain is too slow. I am on breastfeeding. He is around 56 cm in height. I am really worried. He is peeing and pooping. He looks quite active and normal. I am really confused. Please suggest whether I need to introduce formula or other supplements for his weight to peek.
My son aged 10 years have cough since yesterday. He coughed after 3 minutes one time .I am giving nebulizer treatment with 1.5 ml normal saline and 0.3 ml asthalin respules. Is any other cough syrup required.
My son is 1 years old and he does not talk or say any thing meaningful. Not even a word. Is it normal?
There are few things I hear over and over again from students:
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study. And, the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve. There are two ways to improve your concentration:
A. First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
B. Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
A. Ideas for daily concentration boosting habits include
- Mindfulness meditation: Many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep: I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain: The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumosity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier: Your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise: It is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4 to 5 hours of study very efficient.
B. Optimize your mental state & environment
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
- Create a study space: Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
- Remove distractions: Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
- Reduce background noises: If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
- Use timer: Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
- Stay motivated: If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying. That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
- Take breaks: Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How an expert can help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; you can always consult the expert. Once he/she knows what your current study methods are, they will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate those tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!
Hi .i have 10 months old baby. My wife drunk non alcohol beer. Is there any any problems for baby because breast feeding.
Please List the specific iron rich foods that I can give to my 17 month boy baby. What are the foods other than normal name like leafy vegetables, pulses, cereals. What are the iron foods?(give names).
My daughter has diabetes and gas issue she is taking insulator from last 2 years she can not walk suggest the food she should take to have control on diabetes.
On the occasion of World Asthma Day (3rd May, 2016), I would like to break a few myths related around Asthma which otherwise people generally believe to be true.
Myth #1 - Asthma is a communicable disease
Fact #1 - Asthma is an allergic disease and is neither contagious (infectious) or communicable (passed on from one person to another)
Myth #2 - Inhalers are addictive
Fact #2 - Absolutely wrong! Inhalers are not addictive but it is a good habit to keep control over asthma and use your inhalers as prescribed by your doctor. Also, contrary to popular belief that using inhalers on a regular basis reduces their effectiveness, inhalers continue to be equally effective on a regular basis.
Myth #3 - Inhalers are expensive
Fact #3 - Again, absolutely incorrect! Inhalers are in fact cheaper when compared to other drugs.
Myth #4 - Inhalers are given to patients who face Chronic Asthma
Fact #4 - Wrong! Inhalers should be used from a very early stage itself to prevent progression of the disease.
I hope this tip helped bust atleast a few notions that most people have about Asthma and that you are now better informed about this condition. In case you would like to ask me anything or discuss your or your loved one's case in detail, feel free to 'Consult' privately with me.