Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sankit MehtaYour feedback matters!
Sir/ madam I'm 23 years old I noticed that small size ball in my left side breast I noticed this 1 and half year back some times it will be small some times it will increase the I dnt know what is this please help me to know about it thank u.
Hi I am suffering from lung cancer stage 4 I am not having enough resistance to have chemotherapy what should I do Im in stage 4 what will be my life.
Hi this and from past 10 years I am having fribo adenoma on my right breast and twice I have been operated but again and again coming back.
I am 65 years old. I have been having frequent urination and I had USG test; the test revealed that my prostrate is enlarged and approx wt. Is 112 gm. Post void: 150 ml residual urine noted. Can this be treated by medicine/herbal medicine or is operation the only answer.
I am 62 years old. I've prostrate problem. Earlier I was advised by a local Doctor to take Afdura tablets for Six months. I took it for one year. The present PSA test value is 1.44. Which is normal. But My libido level was almost nil during last one year. So, on another Dr. advised I stopped taking medicine. And as a result I could begin my sexual life. My question is whether to restart the medicine? Presently l feel weak flow of urine otherwise there is no problem. Please advise.
What is the symptom of mouth cancer and ho We find out if anyone is suffering from this and how much time it take?
What are the sign and symptoms of cancer? What are the preventions applied for cancer patients? Describe the answer.
I am 66 years old and got operated for prostate. My prostates were very large as per doctor version. After operation 5 years have been lapsed but I feel still leakage at night and my cloth get wet. I also feel weakness in sexually involvement. There is no sugar problem and at fast it is 99. And uric acid is 6.2.
I am a smoker continously smokes whole day. I smoke nearly a pack of cigarettes per day some times even more I some times feel pain in lungs n heart I don't know what is the reason n where the pain is exactly in heart or lungs but some time I feel chest pain I tried to quit smoking but I failed. And I am a seafarer so I must be fit enough and able to survive conjusted n enclosed spaces but I feel suffocated n feels very uncomfortable to breathe so kindly help me suggest me what to do how to improve my health n how to stay fit how to get rid of suffocated and breathing problems ?
Uterine cancer is also known as endometrial cancer and it mostly affects the middle aged women. The uterus of a woman is a muscular organ. The cancer can affect any part of the uterus and is more common in women having obesity, diabetes and hypertension. In most cases, the cancer starts in the endometrium, hence called endometrial cancer. Uterine cancer can be cured using any of the following methods:
- Surgical removal of the uterus along with ovaries, lymph nodes and fallopian tubes
- Radiation therapy
Although uterine cancer is curable, it's always a better option to prevent it. You cannot control all the causes for uterine cancer like those related to heredity. But other than that, here are a few ways in which you can prevent suffering from uterine cancer:
- Control body weight: Keep your body weight in control. Obesity can pose a huge risk of getting affected with uterine cancer. The fat in the body produces estrogen, which promotes the growth of uterine lining that is the Endometrium and may lead to Endometrial cancer.
- Breast feed: If you are lactating, then the risk of the cancer decreases, as breast feeding decreases ovulation as well as estrogen activities.
- Treat abnormal bleeding: If you are suffering from any type of abnormal bleeding, be that heavy periods, bleeding even after you reached menopause or if you start bleeding between two period cycles, consult your doctor immediately. Abnormal bleeding is the symptom of endometrial hyperplasia, which might eventually turn cancerous.
- Exercise: As already said earlier, keep your weight under control to avoid uterine cancer. Exercise to avoid increase in weight leading to obesity. It also reduces the estrogen level in your body.
- Healthy food: Healthy food is the key to avoid any disease, be that a common cold or uterine cancer. Eat a healthy and balanced diet everyday to be fit and bouncing.
- Birth control pills: It is believed that the intake of birth control pills helps to keep uterine cancer at bay.
So eat healthy, exercise and adopt healthy habits. Then nothing can stop you from enjoying life to the fullest.
Hello sir I have a blood cancer and breast cancer and air to give me a reason for the breast cancer and give me answer sir please.
Male, Aged 60 yrs, Hypertention under medication, Slightly enlarged prostate with urination problem,frequent visit to toilet even in the night NOT DIAEBETIC. What medication will help?
My son who is 24 year old and was diagnosised with ewing' s sarcoma of feumar bone and tumor grade iii as per biopsy report and under treatment since may 2014 and 14cycles of chemo. Completed with 25 cycles of radiation and opertaed and tumor removed, implant inserted, and pet scan clear, does he require 3 more chemo. As his oncodoc. Suggesting 3 more cycle of chemo. Hemo. Please advise.
Sir/madam my mother is suffering from Breast cancer and it's spreads to brain n do radiation for 10 days to head part and suggest some tablets dexamethasone 8 mg tablet, my mother use that drug she feels sleepy and tried please suggest any syrups for feeling better she is please
People's daily reported that cancer has become the number one threat to human life. It is a common and frequently-occurring disease which seriously endangers the health of people. Cancer experts have pointed out that, besides the genetic factor, cancer is also highly related to the environmental factors, in which diet is one of the most important.
Relevant researches have pointed out that about one-third of the cancer diseases has something to do with the poor eating habits in daily life. With the gradual improvement of the living standards, people tend to eat more refined foods at the meal, while the intake of coarse grains and cereals is reduced. Such modern poor eating habit will lead to a series of cancers, which seriously affect the health of human body.
- First, lack of cellulose will increase the incidence of colorectal cancer.
- Second, excessive intake of high-fat, high-protein foods has become an important reason for the increasing incidence of breast cancer and colorectal cancer.
- Third, about 75% of the head and neck cancer is caused by drinking alcohol and smoking.
- Fourth, people who like to eat hard, hot, and pungent foods will easily suffer from esophageal cancer.
- Fifth, gastric cancer has something to do with too much intake of smoked foods or foods which contain nitrate, such as sausage, ham, pickles, dried salted fish and so on.
- Sixth, eating mildewed corn, peanut, rice and other foods or drinking unsanitary water will make people susceptible to liver cancer.
- Seventh, people who prefer to eat sweet and greasy foods are most likely to suffer from pancreatic cancer.
- Eighth, insufficient intake of vegetables and fruits has something to do with colorectal cancer, gastric cancer, liver cancer, breast cancer and esophageal cancer.