Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SankheYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors, I'm 11 weeks and 5 days pregnant today according to my ovulation date but gestational age is 4-5 less. I feel hungry all the time. Even after having meals I feel like I had nothing and wants to eat something. I continuously desires of eating something. This is my first trimester why I am hungry all the time?
The heat in summers can be dangerous. The heated summers bring along the medical conditions that need attention while enjoying sun-filled fun. It’s time to stock your cabinet with your summer arsenal. This year consider doing it with homeopathic preparations. They are safe, non-toxic with relatively simple guidelines for first aid use and equally effective for children and elders alike. The underlying principle of homeopathy involves taking a substance that can cause symptoms similar to those that a person is experiencing in illness.
The homeopathic remedies work rapidly to relieve pain, speed healing, and prevent infection. In addition, homeopathic treatments are safe, gentle, non-toxic, pleasant tasting and without side effects. In hot weather our body’s store of vital fluids and salts decreases as we sweat, taking with them nutrients we need to function healthily. This can lead to common problems such as dehydration and exhaustion, or even heat stroke which can sometimes be fatal.
Some of the symptoms include:
- Excessive sweating
- Cold and clammy skin
- Quickened pulse and breathing
- Muscle cramps and stomach pain
Homeopathic remedies are non-toxic and a safe way to help the body to replenish its store of the cell salts and nutrients it needs in warmer periods and help to relieve cramps, aches and fatigue. Some of the most common homeopathic medicines are:
- Calendula: This is an all-purpose medicine for many kinds of skin damage that many of us face during the summer season. When the skin gets damaged due to wounds, infection, prolonged sun exposure and even excessive pollution and dirt, one can try using calendula.
- Arnica: All that running around on the beach can easily give you sore muscles, while the heat can sap up your energy and leave you fatigued. In such cases, Arnica is the perfect homeopathic answer to your maladies. This medicine can be used for topical application if bought in its cream or gel form.
- Belladonna: Sun strokes, dehydration and over-exposure to the sun, in general, can give you a host of problems and conditions including heat headaches. In order to treat such conditions, one can use Belladonna, which is a homeopathic medicine used for sun-stroke related ailments and symptoms.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: This medicine is also known as Rhus Tox. It is made from poison ivy extracts and is an effective drug when it comes to dealing with itchy rashes. These rashes may be caused because of exposure to oak, sumac and even poison ivy.
- Ledum: Ledum or Ledum Palustre is one of the best homeopathic drugs when it comes to treating insect bites during summers.
- Euphrasia Officinalis: This medicine is most commonly used for eye related problems that may come about due to sun exposure or excessive sweating and other heat related factors.
How to stay safe in sun
- It is always advised to drink plenty of water or drinks during summers, to cool down your body and to remain hydrated.
- If you are suffering from tiredness, headaches or any other conditions which may be aggravated in the warmer months, consult a specialised homeopath who will look at your diet, mood, sleep and lifestyle prescribe a suitable homeopathic remedy for you to take.
It usually starts at about 6 weeks of pregnancy and improves at around 14-16 weeks.
Morning sickness won't threaten your baby's well being, as long as you're able to keep some food down, and drink plenty of fluids.
An important nutrient in the first trimester is 400 mcg of folic acid, as this will help your baby's spine and nervous system to develop.
The best way to deal with morning sickness is
1) Drink plenty of fluids.
2) Small frequent meals
3) Avoid spicy and oily food
4) 2 meals should include fruits and vegetables.
6) Multi vitamins
7) Doctors advice.
My wife is having stomach pain sine 4 days, As doctors have given her medicine of aborting 4 week pregnancy because she is on contraceptive pills and AKT3, since medicine have stopped the growth of baby so we have to take medicine to abort. It's been 1 month and all went well but now bleeding started and stomach pain also. Any specific reasons.
I am 30 male and just got married, I and my wife want to make love without using pills or condom can you advice me is there anything safe time to make love without using any thing. As I used condom but we both were not much satisfied so please suggest is there as safe time to make love and do not get pregnant.
Too much body weight puts your health at great risk. When you take in more calories than you burn, you get fat -- it's that simple. You've got to eat less. You've got to exercise more. You've got to push yourself to make these lifestyle changes -- but you've got to do it to help avoid serious health problems like heart disease, diabetes, or stroke.
I am 21 years old and I am suffering from high fear along with severe cold. I have been using capsules fro a period of 1 week but no change in my health condition (paracetamol, saridon, avil) are the tablets I had used.
Hi, I am 30 yrs old lady, I have pcod poroblem, I have take treatment last 7 yrs. But problem remain same and now I have completed 5 yrs marriage. We try trying very hard for child but there is no any positive response. Please help me now my marriage is in trouble.
I am 31 years unmarried female, want to increase the duration of my periods without medicine or by regularizing my diet, 2 days less flow discharge for the past 4-5 months is ok or a matter of concern? I am anemic & after doing pelvic ultrasound the reports were normal without any negative remark. But still I want to take all possible precaution so that such less discharge may not lead to future complication.
Sir, One of my friend got pregnancy actually she is hiv positive, is there any effect on kids? please tell me solution sir.
I have an irregular period problems, because of that I have more stressed in my mind. Please give the proper distinction for that.
Whenever I get close to my bf and my bf starts to kiss me I get excited and when he kiss my belly and reach to my pelvis area I get too much excited and my white discharge start. And he does not kiss my vagina. Is it normal? I can not have the pleasure of foreplay properly. What should I do to have a healthy and perfect sex with my bf?
She will get more pain during periods bt she gets regular periods. She can not walk at that time were too lean any solution to stop paining without taking tablets?
Hi, I have problems during inter course with my husband. Can feel a thick tissue in my hymen due to which I'm unable to feel my hole.
Hi I am confuse for taking protein for my wife in pregnancy for 5-6 month please let me know if I taken amway protein which one is best.
Do you feel disinterested in getting physically close to your partner? If yes, then it can be a sign of HSDD, that is Hypoactive sexual desire disorder. It is a sex disorder marked by disgust and disinterest towards sex. This disorder affects both men and women.
Men with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
Men are generally perceived as highly sexual beings, but in reality, 1 out of 5 men may be suffering from HSDD.
Some possible causes of male HSDD include:
- Psychological issues: Anxiety and stress due to the strain of family or relationship problems, rigours of daily life or mental disorders such as depression are some of the factors that influence sexual desire.
- Medical causes: Diseases (for example: diabetes), conditions (such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure and obesity) and drugs (such as hair loss medications) have adverse effects on sexual desire.
- Hormonal problems: Low levels of testosterone usually lead to low sexual desire. Other hormones, such as the thyroid hormone or prolactin (hormone that governs the development of breast milk) can also contribute to the cause.
- Low levels of dopamine: Dopamine is a neurotransmitter, which is responsible for the pleasure perception in your brain. Low levels of dopamine usually signify low sexual desire.
How it can be treated ?
If the cause is psychological, then sex therapy (psychological counselling based on sexual issues) is used to treat HSDD. But if it is hormonal, testosterone supplements are used.
Women with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
Female HSDD is more complicated and is difficult to diagnose. HSDD can affect women across all ages.
In women, this disorder can have a wider spectrum of causes, which include:
- Interpersonal relationship problems: Certain problems such as the partner’s performance issues, loss of emotional gratification with relationships, childbirth and becoming nothing, but only a loved one’s caregiver can all lead to low sexual desire.
- Sociocultural influences: Media’s portrayal of sexuality, peer pressure and job stress have negative influences on sexual desire.
- Low testosterone: Women produce testosterone as well, and similar to men, low levels of this sex hormone cause a significant dip in sexual desire.
- Medical problems: Mental illnesses such as depression or medical problems, such as fibroids or endometriosis (a disorder characterized by the growth of uterine tissues outside the organ) affect women, physically and mentally, thus making ‘hypoactive sexual desire disorder’ a possibility.
- Medications: Excessive use of antidepressants, oral contraceptives and blood pressure drugs can lower sexual desire.
- Age: The androgen (sex hormone) levels lower drastically as a woman ages, thus negatively impacting her sexual desires.
Sex therapy (therapy that concerns itself with counselling and addressing one’s physical or psychological hindrances to sex) medication changes, diagnosing underlying medical problems, vaginal estrogens and testosterone therapy (therapy that helps in managing the effects of low levels of testosterone) are mostly used to increase sexual desire in women. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.