Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanketh Rao
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanketh RaoYour feedback matters!
My daughter has been coughing a lot since last night. She is complaining of pain in throat and chest. During daytime the coughing is less, but it increases during the night. This has been happening for the last two days and has been taking Alex junior for the last 2 days. Also, she has been taking foracort 400 (1 puff twice a day) for last one month and asthalin puff on need basis. Please advice.
My baby is 8 months old he frequently gets ill as cold fever etc. What is the problem with him? what should be the diet for him?
My 4 year old son has expressive language delay, will everything get well by time or some medication or therapies are required?
My son is 3 years old he has a flat head on his right side. Will it get all right in time or he needs a treatment?
My baby is 7.5 months old. When he was 4 months old, I started nursing (most of the time) from left side and has not pump from the other side. We both were more comfortable from one side and I have not realized that I should pump the other side. Now, from past two months I have been trying the other side but he is refusing .and one breast is lopsided now. I have taken lactare capsule also for 1 week (2 times in a day) and started pumping the left side but now very little milk is coming from right side. However,the other side is producing enough. Can I continue breastfeeding exclusively from one side? I am really worried that it should not have any health side effects. I have heard that this might cause breast cancer in future I have also visited one gain in my place for the same issue and she said that its ok to breastfeed with one side and I cannot produce milk from other side. Please guide. Your response will be highly appreciated.
Hi, my 2 months baby refuses to drink breast milk as well as bottle feed. I am very tense she is hungry. Also advice how much lactogen I should give her whole day. & I would like to breast feed her during day. Please advice.
My daughter is 3 years. She does not eat properly. Her weight is 12.5 kg. I am worried she will suffer from vitamin deficiency. Can I give her multivitamin syrup. Now she is having cold and cough since3days. Should I give her multivitamin along with cough and cold medicine. Our pediatrician has prescribed iron supplement. But whenever I give it to her she suffers from loose motion on the next day. What is the correct way to give iron supplement so that she does not suffer from acidity and loose motions.
My 3 year old baby have throat infection causes breathing problem as its sounds like snoring what should I give him? Dr. prescribed AB phylline, nikomox, and juvetra.
Hi, My 7 years old baby just had 2 sittings of a root canal treatment. He has been given a temporary filling yesterday. But now the gum just below that same tooth is swollen and it is painful. What should I do for immediate relief?
My daughter has complete 9 month old. Her born weight is 2.1 kg on born at 8th month pregnancy. She has complete 9 moth but her weight is till 5.1 kg. Also sleeping time is less of her. Sleep only in night n day time she can not sleep. But main issue is for her body weight. She eat at regular time to time. So please advise best solution for her.
Children are more susceptible to health problems as their immunity is still developing and along with frequent infections such as fever or stomach problems, skin problems are a common affliction. Most skin problems within children are a manifestation of the underlying conditions such as allergies or other sicknesses. Some of the common skin allergies and problems are mentioned here.
- Heat Rash or Prickly Heat: This is possibly the most common skin condition that children are generally afflicted by. These are small red bumps on the skin which look like minute pimples. It is caused due to the blockage of the pores and excessive sweating due to hot weather or wearing warm clothes.
- Ringworm: Unlike the name, this condition isn’t actually caused by the infection from a worm. Ringworm is named so due to the ring that forms on the skin which is scaly, inflamed, red in color and can be quite itchy. It is mostly caused by a fungus that lives on the skin. Ringworms are mostly passed through skin to skin contact.
- Chickenpox Rashes: Although there are vaccines that have minimized the occurrence of this disease, it still occurs from time to time. One of the tell-tale signs of this disease are the rashes that may develop all over the body which is accompanied by fever. Although, these may go away, some marks from the rashes may remain and it is important to take care so that they don’t leave any mark behind.
- Eczema: This is another very common skin condition that afflicts many kids and is usually attributed to allergies and asthma. The typical symptoms usually include a patch of raised skin which is inflamed and red. Children often complain about excessive itching and the affected skin tends to be quite dry. Although topical medications are useful, curing or treating the underlying symptoms shows remarkable improvement.
- Impetigo: This is a type of bacterial infection which primarily occurs around the mouth and nose but repeated scratching can spread it around other parts of the body as well. In this condition, red sores or blisters may develop on the skin and then develop a yellow crust which may even ooze fluid sometimes. It is mostly spread by the use of objects such as toys and clothing items or even towels. Antibiotics may be required to treat this condition.
- Allergic reactions or contact dermatitis: Another very common skin problems that affect kids, this occurs as a reaction to certain chemicals such as those found in certain foods, soaps, plants or insects which may either cause a lesion or an inflamed area on the skin. In some cases, it may form blister, although all of these will go away on their own. However, if it persists for more than a week or two or if it is extremely painful, you should immediately take your child to the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.