Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjiv RajadhyakshaYour feedback matters!
I had 7 year old pet dog in farm usually I gave dog bite prevention rabies vaccination to the dog once in a year, this year we gave vaccination before 15 days through government veterinarian after this vaccination the dog stopped to take food after 5 days and its motion started with bleeding one time and it suffered a lot at motion time and when consulted with government and private veterinarian they said the dog was attacked by Parvo virus or Rabies but there is no aggressive symptom from the the dog it found so lazy and silent and sleepy without taking food and died the veterinarian asked us to take vaccination from government hospital as we were maintaining the dog by touching and feeding but there is no dog bite in this case what kind of vaccination to be taken by us.
My dog got bitten by another street dog, the other street dog inserted his teeth inside my dog. We have given him injection of rabbies and poison. Pls help me with medicines which can help me to get this wound faster.
Hi Sir, Two three people said that after dog bite, we should not give head bath and my daughter (3 yrs. 10 months) should not get cold. Is this true?
I have a cat accidentally she pour kerosene oil on her on 10 may 2017 till yesterday she was silent but fine but today whole the day she is sleeping not moving only silent and sleeping can not move quickly may be she inhaled kerosene oil please suggest what to do I dnt want my cat to die.
I have lhasa apso puppy 50days old he is not drinking water his urin is smell strong. As he not drinking water I give him milk. He eat drools starters.
My female labrador, aged 9 years was diagnosed with diabetes which is now under control, but she has lost her vision due to a milky blue layer formation on the lens. Is it curable by surgery? What are the side effects post surgery?
Hi doctors. My dog is 4 years labrador. There are some areas on his body where are few hairs left. With some redness. I am now using wokazole lotion. Please give some advice.
It is not unnatural to find some lumps or bumps on your dog’s body, particularly when the dog is approaching its senior years. These growths are among the most common issues found in older dogs. But it can also happen to the younger ones. It is natural to be scared and have doubts whether it is a tumor or a lump or is it cancer. As a dog owner, therefore, you must understand the different types of lumps, bumps and growths on the dogs so that you can consult with a reputed veterinarian without delay.
1. Understanding the lumps, bumps, and growths: The veterinary doctor would refer to an unknown lump as a tumor in a general manner. This term do not indicate the malignity or benignity of the tumor. These terms typically indicate that an abnormal growth of tissues has taken place inside the body which has a shape or is a mass. There is no reason to panic in case your vet says that there is a growth or something of similar significance.
2. Getting the right diagnosis of the lumps on dogs: The dog owners are most likely to notice growth on the dogs while taking it for routine grooming or while petting it. When there is a new growth or tumor on the dog, it is safer to consult with the veterinarian who can carry out a thorough checkup. He would discuss the medical history of the dog which may include daily lifestyle, diet, signs and symptoms of illness and then a physical examination will be performed. It is important to note here that sometimes, the growth may not be noticeable and this is the primary reason why taking it out to an experienced veterinarian is crucial. The expert would be able to find visible masses while carrying out a routine examination.
3. Testing the mass or lump on the dog’s body: When there is a lump or growth on the dog’s body, it is important to carry out some tests such as complete blood count, urinalysis, radiographs revealing signs of metastasis and internal abnormalities, ultrasound, CT scan and certain advanced diagnostics.
In some cases when the lump can be easily accessed, the expert may recommend you to take your dog for a fine needle aspirate which is performed by inserting a small needle into the mass and drawing back the syringe. A little amount of tissue gets accumulated in the syringe which is then tested to determine the character of the lump. When the fine needle aspirate test is not effective, usually a biopsy is carried out under general anesthesia or mild sedation where it is cut out surgically or the entire mass is removed following surgical procedures.
Sir my pet dog just ate a lizard and vomited all it ate, sir he is only 2 months old and I heard that it is very harmful for them, sir pls aay what can I do to help my pet?
I have a German Spitz of 2 years 3 months, he suffered from jaundice some days back he if fine now but i am still worried because doctor recommended 3 injections but he did not take the last injections .Will it show problem later in his health
Dogs must never be fed with following people-food. It’s only slow poison for your pets.
1. Onions & Garlic: These are highly flavored foods and can cause toxicosis in dogs.
2. Chocolate: Ingestion of chocolate by dogs can cause abdominal pain and vomiting to them due to the presence of theobromine and caffeine.
3. Avocado: Dogs must never be fed with avocado flesh or skin. Not just avocado fruit but even various parts of avocado tree are fatal for dogs.
4. Raisins & Grapes: Even slight feeding of raisins or grapes can pose problem to dogs. Their ingestion can cause kidney failure to them.
5. Nuts: Nuts contain phosphorus that can cause bladder stones in dogs. Ingestion of walnuts and macadamia result in vomiting, joint swelling and muscular pain in dogs.
6. Xylitol: Xylitol is a sweetener that is very harmful for dogs for it can cause them loss of coordination, seizure and even liver failure.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Name: Teddy Breed: Golden Lab Age: 4yr 11months Sex : Male Current Problem: 2 cm growth in Urinary Bladder, Stone and Urine Infection with inflammation in prostate. Passes blood in last flow of his urine. The situation has gone worst, irregular flow of urine. Urge of urine is there but the flow is not there. Today, after the ultra sound and the X- Ray it has been further diagnosed a growth in urinary bladder and has been further prescribed to get Urine Cytology test. The quantity of stone has also increased. As per Dr?s the main concern is the abnormal growth in the bladder than the stone?s now. Treatment:- Current- Only anti biotics- Daflon 500, Augmentin 375- twice daily for 10 days till the next report Catheter was inserted Four times in two months, after which it couldn?t be inserted because of inflammation. Other than catheter, 1) Neeri ? twice daily 2) Cithral- Once Daily 3) Anti Biotic were injected as well History:- 1) As a pup, always had upset stomach. Situation was quite bad and was given steroids. 2) Two years back, he had a low blood count and non stop puking. We got Teddy when he was about 30 days old and now its been nearly 5 years. To me, he is more important to me than any one else. His Nature:- 1) Overtly friendly 2) Doesn?t bite in any condition, be it as extreme as any stranger pushing his food aside while he is having his meal. 3) When goes for a walk, prefers to be on clean places. He is also very smart and will tap you with his hand when he wants to go out. 4) Loves to run in park but hasn?t been able to. Society restrictions. Food Habits:- 1) No daal, carrot, cabbage or any other vegetables. 2) Moody on rice 3) Enjoys chicken soup, chicken, bones, egg ( boiled, raw, half fried) 4) Water intake is very less 5) Love dog biscuits, Rusk, Pizza Crust. His daily meal includes:- Summers Morning:- 4- 5 Boiled Egg and 4 Roti/ 4-5 Boiled Egg and 5 white bread. Evening:- Chicken Soup with 250gm chicken and 2 hand full of Oats/ Chicken Soup with chicken and Roti/ Chicken soup with chicken and rice Earlier used to give curd regularly. Winters: Morning: Chicken Soup with 250gm Chicken and 2- 3 handful of Oats/ Chicken soup with 250gm Chicken and bread Evening: Chicken soup with chicken and roti/ Chicken Soup with Chicken and Oats/ Chicken soup with chicken and rice His Nature Teddy has always been a family dog. He never wishes to be friends with other dogs who are always barking or are more excited than he is at that point of time. Actually, he has been friends only with Pups. In fact more than him, I think it is our insecurity/ fear or care for teddy, that we do not allow him to mix with dogs around. ( majority of them ferocious). Also, he gets very cranky and wants to go be out always during the mating season. (thrice an year). Except for the weekends, he is usually alone at home the entire day. (9.30am- 4.30pm) where he does not eat or drink anything. Food bowls remain the same as we leave it for him. ( untouched). Whenever he is in pain due to any reason, he is usually barking and becomes cranky. (doesn?t mean he cries but feel like he yells for attention) Other than the above, he is very affectionate towards his family and very eager to for backrubs and hugs. He is a very happy dog
My dog keeps itching and under her arms are red and she has rashes on her paws, ears and her private, im nit sure if its a yeast infection or an allergy, what can I do to get rid of it?
Hello sir i owned a German Shepherd dog & it is 11 months old.From month ago my dog is having huge hair loss & it is not taking food propely than before.We feed it with rice , pedegree & sauce.Please suggest for recovery
My labrador puppy is 0.8kg at the age of 6 weeks. In what amount I should feed him to make him healthier? Please help.
If the stray dog is suspected to be rabid, then the pet dog should be put to sleep (Euthanasia). But if the owner is not ready or the rabid status of the stray dog is not known, post?exposure vaccination of the pet with cell culture vaccine and simultaneous careful observation of the pet are recommended for up to 2 months (up to six months is desirable) for possible signs of rabies in the pet. During this period, if the dog becomes sick, the owner should take the dog to the veterinarian to get rabies ruled out at the first instance. It should be noted that post?exposure vaccination is not very successful in dogs. Simultaneously, pre?exposure vaccination of all household members is necessary.