Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjiv K MaruYour feedback matters!
I am suffering with bad dreams like I see my self stuck in someplace where I don't get out like a maze or something I see people talking showing way but that ends in dead-end and due to this I am having negative thoughts too.
I wear eyeglasses of power -3.0 When I stretch skin near my eyes, my vision becomes so clear that as if I do not require glasses any more? Why is it so? Do I have week eye muscles and require immediate eye exercises?
Hello sir I am 18 years old my eye lens no are increasing every 6 months from 3 years from 1.25 to 3.25 in one eye and 3.0 in the other one and I am using drops such as lubi plus and stone as prescribed by the doctor this regular increase in my no makes me feel very upset so now what should I do so that this no remains steady and is this a problem? kindly guide me.
I feeling always sleepy due yo paining of eyes and I feel thats why so much lazy so what's the problem behind that I want solution.
2 years ago I was having a continuous headache then one doctor gave me glasses with power I used those glasses for 1 year and stopped using and was having no problem but that problem has started again. I don't think I need power glasses becoz I can see everything clearly.
I have my son Who is 6 years old. He can see with only one eye other eye's eye ball is whitish in color and its blind. He is not able to speak properly till now, he can say some words like amma, appa, Anna, atta, one two, some alphabets and etc but not all words. He understand everything, he operates any smart phone like an expert but he could not speak as much as he should have spoken at his age. Doctor did a scanning and said his brain is not well developed as per his age so consult nimhans hospital in Bangalore. I am married to one of my family member and even before my marriage, my mom dad, granny are all inter family marriage for 2-3 generations, may be that's the impact. Could you please suggest me what is the right step that we should take next.
Hii my eyes become red in the evening and maximum yellowish in the day. I have a minor problem of cholesterol. What do I do.
Hello Doctor, my son is 16 years old and by birth he is having acute congenital ptosis in his right eye. In 2005 he has operated already in Army Hospital Udhampur. But no change came in his eye. I want to consult or want to know by Oculoplastic surgeon opinion.
An eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is a condition that strikes when certain substances irritate the eyes, which can cause a reaction. This reaction has varied symptoms starting from inflammation to watering and even redness and an itching sensation.
So how can you tell if you have an eye allergy? This article will tell you all you need to know!
- Causes: To begin with, this is an immune response that happens when the eye comes in contact with substances like dirt, grime, pollutants, pollen, nettle, pet hair, smoke, mold and more, which may cause irritation. These are typically known as allergens. The immune system takes these allergens to be invaders and begins attacking the same by releasing chemicals that cause these allergic reactions. Also, an eye allergy may be a symptom or outcome of other conditions like asthma, hay fever, or even eczema.
- Symptoms: The eye usually bears a pink or red appearance when the patient is suffering from an eye allergy. Also, watery eyes are a common sight during this condition while scaling around the eyes may also take place. Further, itching and burning sensation may be felt by the patient and swelling or puffiness can be seen. The symptoms may afflict one or both eyes. The patient may also have a runny nose or stuffy nose as well as nasal congestion.
- Difference between Eye Allergy and Pink Eye: Conjunctivitis or pink eye is usually caused due to bacteria or a virus that spreads infection in the eye. But eye allergy is caused due to a response of the immune system that leads to an allergic reaction. While the pink eye may be a contagious condition, an eye allergy is not.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of an eye allergy will be done with the help of various tests conducted by an ophthalmologist. The skin prick test will help in introducing allergens to find out if the spot gets raised or suffers from inflammation. Also, the doctor will check for other ailments like asthma and eczema.
- Treatment: There are varied methods of treating this condition. To begin with, the doctor may prescribe medication like decongestants and antihistamines as well as steroids for more severe and persistent cases. Also, injections may be prescribed in order to do away with the allergic reaction and eye drops containing olopatadine hydrochloride may also be used.
- Home Remedies: Staying away from allergens and using a warm and clean washcloth over the eyes, for a few minutes every day, may help in relieving the painful symptoms of the condition.
Do not forget to consult your doctor before you try any natural or home based remedies.
Meri right eye me kal se khujali as rahi hai bahut baar aankho ko thande pani se dhoya but fir bhi koi khas fark nhi pada.please help
I have severe eye pain while I study or watch TV even for 15 minutes. Feels sensitive to bright light. Sometime I get pain while sleeping. Don't know what's going on. Headache also occurs with eye pain but mild. And also feels like breathing problem. Mostly it remains for whole day making everything miserable. I feel light pain all the time and it severely increases as I study or do any work that includes mind and eyes. What is going with me? What should I do? I use glasses with power -. 25 in both eyes cylindrical.
My 4 year baby boy has eye blinking problem from 4 to 5 days. He blink tightly in an interval of time specially in thinking time. Please doctor tell me is this a serious problem?
Last year I was detected with demyelination, now since 3 months my legs are having severe pain and I feel difficult in walking. My eye sight has become blurry. Please suggest remedy.
My eyes is paining from inside including my head andiys paining since three year so what should I do.
I am 21 year old and I feel irritation in eyes at night I work all day on my laptop and phone so what can I do for that to not feel irritation or redness in eyes?
I have H/O of TB 4 years back I have completed my dots and 3 years back I am suffering from squint in left eye then I surgery the eye. If my medical history is TB in future they are complicated in my health.
Do your eyes get tired easily? Do they look sore or sandy? If yes, then it’s time to worry for your eyes now. There is every possibility that you might have developed a dry eye. It is a common disorder of the eyes that occurs due to aging. It causes discomfort as you end up feeling scratchy or gritty all the time. The eyes turn red and have a burning sensation and feel itchy. Things get worse when you tend to stress your eyes by spending extra hours in front of the computer or read texts. In fact, the discomfort increases as the blinking frequency of the eyes get reduced.
One may also develop blurred vision due to dry eyes. An individual feels as if there is some particle inside his or her eyes, but finds nothing. Though this condition doesn’t lead to very dangerous consequences, it is always a wise decision to seek medical help. The medical term for this condition is keratoconjunctivitis sicca. Once you develop dry eye, there is always a tendency to get it back again. But, the good news is that it can be treated to get some relief.
Dry eye is caused due to problems related to tear formation. When we blink our eyes, a film is formed over it. This thin layer is called a tear film. Tear film is responsible for clarity in vision. In case, enough tear is not produced, one tends to suffer from dry eyes. It is mainly caused due to ageing.
If you don't produce enough tears, if your tears aren't of the right quality or your tears aren't spread across the front of your eye properly then you may develop dry eye. The glands producing tear or the tear film get inactive with age. Sometimes, the tear film is also affected by certain medicines, contact lenses, diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and Sjogren's syndrome.
Dry eyes caused due to ageing cannot be cured completely. You must see a doctor for treatment but there are no permanent cure remedies. However, there are ways to help you get some relief. Here are the ways:
- Try to increase the natural tears: There are certain home-based remedies to get some relief from the problem. You can keep the temperature of your room lower to get rid of the symptoms of dry eyes. Higher temperature leads to the evaporation of the tears. You can keep a humidifier in your room that adds more moisture to the air inside the room. This prevents drying up of the eye due to evaporation of tears. It is also found that when one blinks less, tear formation is reduced. The blinking is reduced while working on computers and reading. One must be careful while doing such things and try and blink as many times as possible.
- Use eye drops: One needs to use eye drops called ‘artificial tears.’ They are an alternative to the natural tears. If usual drops are not effective, gel-based thicker drops or overnight ointments are prescribed.
- Block tear ducts: Another way of tackling dry eyes is by reducing the drainage of tears. For this, the tear ducts are blocked by plastic pieces called punctual plugs. The process is termed as punctal occlusion.
- Take food supplements: Certain oils and Omega 3 and 6 are known to be beneficial in treating dry eyes. Include these supplements in your diet to keep your eyes healthy.